Photo
- - - - - 118 replies to this topic

Gunnybear goes to OCGland

• Please log in to reply

#1 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Good people of XC, I hate to start a blog under such a terrible start but I am running out of ideas and I need advice. First for some background.

A while ago, sometime around the Cosmo Blazer sneak I gave Hypermaster my binder, to help me make some trades as I would be taking classes at the time. He managed to sell ~$30 of stuff, but on the following Monday he had some bad news for me. His mom had seen his grades, and confiscated all his Ygo related stuff, including my binder and for some reason the money. When I politely asked for it back I got a very strange reply. Apparently, I needed to bring both my parents to speak with her, in order for her to return something I'm pretty sure she knows belongs to me. The problem is, my dad works fairly late, and my mom doesn't approve of the game. I attempted to compromise, and asked her for monetary compensation so that I can go to locals. She flatly refused, stating she wouldn't deal with "a minor". Funny, apparently stealing from "minors" is okay. It's banlist season, and soon midwinter break, one of the few chances I can actually go to locals.

Maybe I'm too agitated to think clearly, so I was hoping some of you guys would have some ideas.

Notes:

-The stuff in the binder is well worth a few hundred dollars, including some stuff I was hoping to dump before the banlist.
-Hyper has tried looking for it at his house, but to no avail
-I have some cards for my mostly complete Infernities that I need for locals in there
-She has said she can give me just the binder without the cards, because apparently damaging my property will solve her problems

Once again, I am in desperate need of advice, while the issue may seem trivial I had not gone to any Yugioh event in real life for a very long time, and had been looking forward to this for a while now. If you're disappointed this blog started out this way, I hope to have better content in the future. Apologies

Edited by Gunnybear, 23 June 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#2 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

I'M SORRY GUNNY X_X

Nothing I said would convince her. I can give you her number but she might get really mad ._.

#3 Blydden Oldies ~ Honest ~ 1902 posts 21.00 XCB

Blydden

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

LOL of course Hyper gets the first post.

How long do you have for everything you need to do?

EDIT: Doesn't your dad have a day off or something?

Edited by Blydden, 13 February 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#4 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

If it wasn't Hyper's mother, I'd say politely get the police involved. This is theft. :/

Does your dad have a day off where he'd be able to go?

#5 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hyper should pay you.
Someone so active on DN should spend more time studying. >.>

Also, does your father work 7 days a week? Take only him to Hyper's mom, and if that doesn't work: police.

Edited by Exarion, 13 February 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#6 Shinra Members The Best 14 Year Old Duelist. 248 posts 0.00 XCB

Shinra
  • Interests:Candy and YuGioH

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

If hyper's mom confiscated everything...how can she still let him come on DN.

Funny enough,my brother gets good grades(well,marks) and still he isn't allowed to duel LOL

#7 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3754 posts 21.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

If it wasn't Hyper's mother, I'd say politely get the police involved. This is theft. :/

Does your dad have a day off where he'd be able to go?

^ This.

Plain and simple. She has something you own that you let a friend borrow, and she's holding it for ransom.

And being a colossal bitch about it.

#8 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

That's the most I can say, too. Either get your dad to talk to her on one of his days off, or go to the police and tell them the whole story. This lady is strange as hell....

#9 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Well, I would threaten to get the police involved first, because she may drop it by then. Heck, you could buy Hyper a box of chocolates to share with his family for Valentine's. Just a nice gesture, I suppose.

But if that doesn't work, definitely threaten to get the police involved, and if she doesn't give it, then you have to get the police involved and stay true to your word. The police aren't exactly 'minor'.

Just make sure this doesn't ruin the relationship between Hyper and his mom. Hyper, you should probably let her know the intentions of Gunny to call the police.

#10 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Realistically, the police would likely shrug you off.

See if she would talk to your folks over the phone or except a letter from them. Explain their work situation and such.

Perhaps print some TnT listing to prove the value and necessity of you retrieving your binder back.

#11 Rothon Oldies The Key To Truth 2252 posts 44.00 XCB

Rothon

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Tell your mom or dad what happened, Doesn't matter how much they dilike the game they will still be pissed at hyper mom for taking your stuff. Least I would. If she won't deal with a minor she'll have to deal with a pissed off adult because

A. she overstepped her bounds
and
B She made it so that they have to get involved and be bothered

#12 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Funny you guys mention police, Hyper told me that she was threatening to go to them about this

Yeah, I'm as confused as you are

She has agreed to a phone call, so I'll ask my dad to do so sometime tomorrow but he's not in the best mood right now balancing his work and all...

#13 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4558 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Just make sure you mention to her your dad is half samurai, half ninja, 200% badass, and she needs to give you your stuff back now for bringing dishonor to both famiries.

#14 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I had some mediocre grades sophomore year and my mom expected perfect grades this year :/

Got 2 B's and she's not happy ._.

To be clearer she threatened to call the police if Gunny came over...

I go on DN so my family doesn't make my brain explode.

#15 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm glad she's at least somewhat listening to reason.

#16 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Wait what? Call the police...if I go over...to attempt to retrieve my property...which she is holding without reasonable justification...

I...jesus...

~~~

On a brighter note, finally managed to get a Catastor and Mist Wurm today, so Infernities are only missing the two Armageddon Knights...which she also took...

Yeah, finding it hard to stay positive with this going on ._.

Some other stuff going on:

-Club Application was rejected for the second time for bullshit reasons
-Club Commission and student leadership in general is just a giant circlejerk of wannabes trying to pretty up their Ivy League applications
-Got 4-5 tests on the same day for the last two Mondays, grades took a hit as a result
-Getting better at Vanguard :D

#17 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

inb4 she took the money, and threw the cards in the trash...

#18 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

-Club Commission and student leadership in general is just a giant circlejerk of wannabes trying to pretty up their Ivy League applications

You'll find this is the case a lot of the time, but it's advisable to pursue them, regardless of that fact, simply because they do infact look good for you, especially if they're academia clubs.

Edited by GothicKratos, 14 February 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#19 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Wait what? Call the police...if I go over...to attempt to retrieve my property...which she is holding without reasonable justification...

If I had to deal with this along with the usual bullshit I deal with on a normal basis, I'd go psycho & probably go on a killing spree, with her at number 1 on my "Be sure to kill before caught" list. Worst part is, I'd probably literally do it if I had to deal with her. Good luck with making ANY sense of this woman.

#20 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Wut? Gunny make brawg?

I would not suggest calling the cops, just on the basis that it'll cause Hyper's family members to hate you eternally. Get your dad to go/call, as was said, since two moms can start a catfight, and generally fathers are more intimidating. If that doesn't work, you can then probably threaten to file a civil suit. Since nobody likes going through those things, it should force her to fold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users