Photo
- - - - - 1523 replies to this topic

XC's News Room - All info on upcoming sets in a single place!

New Sets, TCG, OCG, Tins and 1 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1481 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a momentous day.

One of the most memorable and iconic cards in the Yu-Gi-Oh! original anime was finally printed.

Lo and behold: Mimicat.

...also a new Pendulum Archetype, the Dracoknights, focused on Synchro Summons, but that's not important (tho they does looks cool). The connection with Igknights is pretty obvious (Pendulum-oriented, destroy themselves, military-based warriorrs vs. draconic medieval warriors...) but I wonder what their actual relationship are, and wether or not they'll complement themselves out.

There's also this. There are some interesting cards in here, and the real star has to be Sphere Mode Ra. Normal Summoning to an opponent's side of the field? That's crazy, yo. Now we wait for Phoenix Mode... :P

Legion the Fiend Jester is also pretty cool. Note that it only searches Normals, but he's solid all around it's hard to complain. The obvious application would be searching Dark Magician, but I can't help but notice how this guy works so well with Dark Renewal and Magical Dimension. Don't also forget that Spellcasters have a 2600 ATK Level 6, so there's that. :P

Multiple Destruction is weird, being both very powerful and really tame. Has a bit of potential, but probably going to be a very niche card.

Sibyls seem AWESOME! I always wanted some Flip-oriented Archetypes, hopefully this one not degenerating into broken Graveyard shenanigans... (*stares at Shaddols*) I kinda wonder, however, how this Archetype is going to play out. The fact that their Ritual Spell only Summons a single monster makes me wonder if they're going to be a one-trick pony.

Aqua Actresses are pretty much just like uber-Cloudians. Their game plan seems straightforward: Fill in your field with multiple Actresses for plenty of incremental advantage to take over the game. RIght now, they seem awfully narrow, and horribly dependant on that Level 6. I do love the fact that their cards support Aquas in general, tho. :)

The Effect Magicians don't tickle me fancy, tho. These Vanilla Magicians, however, do have some wonderful potential. Amazing scales, great stats, Normal Monster support and powerful Pendulum Monster effects? Yeah, these guys mean business. Wouldn't be surprised if they see play.

As for Odd-Eyes Xyz... meh. Seems alright, I guess? Yeah, Dracossack and Big Eye are hard to beat. :P

Edited by Ritokure, 17 April 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#1482 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:25 AM

Sibylla Tarotray, the Sybil Ritual Monster could definitely work with Nordics. Why FLIP when you can spam Level 7 Synchros? <3. Why not both?

--

Most importantly... PENDULUM TUNERS! Two have been announced, one for Dracoknights; one for Magicians (Odd-Eyes). I'm so psyched about the Magician.

Until Performapals get better support than they already have, I think I'll be seriously considering swapping to either Magicians or Igknights as my main Pendulum Summoning deck.

#1483 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

FYI Jesse Zefra also had a pendulum tuner already :3

the new ra stuff is lulzy

and mimicat looks kickass

#1484 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:02 AM

Doppelganger finally got made! Juragedo, Jester and Ra (Sphere) are just perfect! I love all the anime cards they're making! PLEASE MAKE RECKLESS PARASITE! 

#1485 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 987 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

http://yugioh.wikia....ple_Destruction

This seems breakable

#1486 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

You lose a LOT of LP doing it. (Assuming nothing is chained to it, you will always lose at least 1800 LP.) I could see it being interesting in Exodia, especially since it fuels Hope for Escape, but I don't think it's going to be run everywhere.

#1487 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:13 AM

So I was on google and found this list of CORE (in Japanese)

Obviously CORE comes out in Japan in about 3 days so I would have found this out anyway... But I felt like testing my Japanese... And researching skills.

So it seems that we get (of note):

• 2 unrevealed Performapals (Drumming Kong and Secondonkey)
  • 2 Geargias
  • 2 Lightsworn
  • 1 Six Samurai
  • 2 Gladiator Beasts
  • 1 Frog
  • 2 Nordics (YEEEAEHDLFJHALGJH NORDIC BEAST AND NORDIC ASCENDANT)

-CORE-JP081 [[《ギアギアーノ Mk-P》]]
-CORE-JP082 [[《ギアギアルティメット XGZ》]]

-CORE-JP083 [[《ライトロード・ビショップ ニコラウス》]]
-CORE-JP084 [[《ライトロード・メシア ハリスト》]]

-CORE-JP085 [[《六部衆の御家人》]]

-CORE-JP086 [[《剣闘獣カリギュラ》]]
-CORE-JP087 [[《剣闘獣の闘器ファキナス》]]

-CORE-JP088 [[《苦痛ガエル》]]

-CORE-JP089 [[《極星獣ハティ》]]

-CORE-JP090 [[《極星天ブリュンヒルデ》]]

I can't guarantee the names, especially because JP083 seems to read "Lightsworn Bishop Nikolaus" even though it's been confirmed here that JP083 is in fact called "Lightsworn Saint Minerva"

But it looks like we have:

CORE-JP081 Geargia MK-P
CORE-JP082 Geargialtimate XGZ
CORE-JP083 Lightsworn Bishop Nikolaus Lightsworn Saint Minerva
CORE-JP084 Lightsworn Messiah Harisuto(?)
CORE-JP085 Six Samurai - Gokenin
CORE-JP086 Gladiator Beast Karigyura
CORE-JP087 Gladiator Beast Fakinasu
CORE-JP088 Pain Frog
CORE-JP089 Hati of the Nordic Beasts
CORE-JP090 Brünnhilde of the Nordic Ascendants

So yeah. Obviously I'm no translator, and had to use google translate for some of the names, but really it was the archetypes I wanted to show.

TWO NEW NORDICSSSSSSSSS (PLEASE BE GOOD).
Last time, they got my hopes up and it turned out to be the crappy anime ones, but Hati and Brünnhilde have not been shown before. HYPE.

#1488 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

put the list into google translate

one card comes up as "Killer Potatoes"

#1489 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

LOL, yeah I noticed that too. And what's with the burgers?

#1490 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

Keep in mind that cards with those numbers are OCG World Premier cards, so we almost certainly won't get those for at least a year.

Also, anyone notice that we seem to be getting a retrained version of Hungry Burger, including a corresponding Ritual Spell?

And there's still another Toon card (a Spell) we haven't seen yet. Neat. o.o And a Vampire Xyz.

The unknown standalone cards seem likely to be interesting, too. In particular, wondering what #80 will turn out to do. Bonus points for "Counter-Counter-Counter".

I wouldn't be surprised if "Killer Potatoes" was a gimmicky Ritual Support monster of some kind. It fits in well with Hungry Burger's retrain, and it's probably a Normal Rare/Shortprint, so it being gimmicky is all but guaranteed.

Edited by RiverShock, 22 April 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#1491 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

New cards make my dick hurt. SEARCHABLE JD BOYS

#1492 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

LINKS FOR SPOILS:

Org Thread 1

Org Thread 2

Org Thread 3

Org Thread 4

Sorry, Jesse, but CORE090 is Empowered Warrior Support. That JP list is prolly wrong. Real sorry bro. :(

That Dwarf Star Dragon is INSANE! Searchable REDMD, JD, Pulsar and DaD? Chaos Dragons return with a vengeance.

EDIT: It seems DSD was mistranslated. It searches ANY Level 7 LIGHT or DARK monster. Hmm, that's very interesting, but def. makes it worse. Makes me wonder where we can play it. :/

Oh. right. Odd-Eyes. >.>

The new Lightsworn cards... seem pretty meh. Yeah, the R4 is fun and all, but I really can't think of a way to Summon her easily without resorting to Photon Trasher or another similar gimmick. Judgment of the Lightsworn seems IMO worse than both Dwarf Star andlolnope Eclipse Wyvern.

Deskbot 005 seems cray-cray. Those li'l bots sure pack a punch. inb4machinedupelimit

Counterattacking "C" is really cool. Shaddolls and Nekroz go cry in a corner, and doubles as Insect support. Funsies. :)

Magical Abductor, Exemplar's Evil Twin, seems incredibly amazing as well. As a Pendulum Monster's, she's by far one of the best ones ever printed. RotAs any Pendulum Mon every 3 Spells? With an Scale of 3? Yeah, tenouttaten bro. As a monster, she's a bit less exciting, as she only searches Level 1s. Then again, I don't mind toolboxing a Veiler, Piper or, heck, even a Relinquished.

Lastly, the new Aroma support really makes me interested. They seem very control-oriented, which I always find a lot of fun. Will keep an eye on these gals. :)

Edited by Ritokure, 22 April 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#1493 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

It's unfortunate, but I can live with it. Wouldn't have wanted to wait a year anyway D:

Deskbot 005. Well first of all, it can be sent by 004 to the graveyard, causing 004 to have 3000 ATK just like that. Special Summon it with the effect of 003, 004 or Machine Duplication and you can destroy some S/Ts onn the field. But being Level 5 is a problem. You don't want to draw it. At the moment, it can be placed in your pendulum scale but that's it. It only has an effect when destroyed.

Performapal Drumming Kong isn't awful, but I'd still rather play Naga. You can't search Kong with King of the Feral Imps, after all. But it's a much better generic Rank 2.

Judgement Scales is a great card to help those decks which don't replace themselves as much.

Magical Abductor is awesome! When I read it first I thought it was only your opponent activating cards, but it is your as well? Definitely want to try it out in something like Toons or Fire Fist. I like how it works with pendulums too. So you can play a pendulum as your third spell counter, then search any pendulum to summon between the scales. That is really, really sexy. I'll have to give it a go in Performapals and Deskbots.

#1494 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

only thing that stood out to me is the aromage trap and monster

the monster basically makes Solemn Wishes obsolete in the deck and the trap is a much needed searcher, and 1k per search is nothing when you consider their shtick is gaining shit tons of LP

#1495 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

LINKS FOR SPOILS:
Org Thread 1
Org Thread 2
Org Thread 3
Org Thread 4

Sorry, Jesse, but CORE090 is Empowered Warrior Support. That JP list is prolly wrong. Real sorry bro. :(

That Dwarf Star Dragon is INSANE! Searchable REDMD, JD, Pulsar and DaD? Chaos Dragons return with a vengeance.
EDIT: It seems DSD was mistranslated. It searches ANY Level 7 LIGHT or DARK monster. Hmm, that's very interesting, but def. makes it worse. Makes me wonder where we can play it. :/
Oh. right. Odd-Eyes. >.>

The new Lightsworn cards... seem pretty meh. Yeah, the R4 is fun and all, but I really can't think of a way to Summon her easily without resorting to Photon Trasher or another similar gimmick. Judgment of the Lightsworn seems IMO worse than both Dwarf Star andlolnope Eclipse Wyvern.

Deskbot 005 seems cray-cray. Those li'l bots sure pack a punch. inb4machinedupelimit

Counterattacking "C" is really cool. Shaddolls and Nekroz go cry in a corner, and doubles as Insect support. Funsies. :)

Magical Abductor, Exemplar's Evil Twin, seems incredibly amazing as well. As a Pendulum Monster's, she's by far one of the best ones ever printed. RotAs any Pendulum Mon every 3 Spells? With an Scale of 3? Yeah, tenouttaten bro. As a monster, she's a bit less exciting, as she only searches Level 1s. Then again, I don't mind toolboxing a Veiler, Piper or, heck, even a Relinquished.

Lastly, the new Aroma support really makes me interested. They seem very control-oriented, which I always find a lot of fun. Will keep an eye on these gals. :)

I got Jesse to test the rank 4 and trap with proxies with me on DN.

All I can say is

Lol

#1496 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

http://ygorganizatio...nyeh/#more-9875

BROOKLYN RAGE

also confirmed effects for Doom Virus Dragon and Tyrant Wing and Tyrant Burst Dragon (cant find the org link but they're all on the wiki)

#1497 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

No one is talking about Mega Tins 2015?  We got confirmed Noden guys.  

http://www.yugioh-ca...015megatin.html

#1498 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

as cool as noden is i think the other tin will be more popular due to Rebellion Dragon and Castel

#1499 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Oh, didn't realise Castel was in the other tin.

I need a playset of Odd-Eyes, and might as well get a Noden. I'll probably get them as singles. Unless they really wow me.

#1500 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

New cards: Round 1.

First off, Paladin of Dark is alright. Probably the most playable Paladin, but that's not saying much. I mean, I may be forgetting one or two, but currently the Red-Eyes S/Ts currently are itself, the Fusion, the Lord of Red Ritual, Red-Eyes Burn (which sucks btw) and that Trap that Special Summons Dragons from Grave if you control a Red-Eyes monster.

The Trap is actually pretty fine, and there's some serious synergy between Red-Eyes Wyvern, the Ritual and the Trap (Wyvern is a perfect Trib for the Ritual, which can be Tributed and can SS a Red-Eyes from Deck, then you can fetch the Trap with the Ritual next turn, and since you didn't NS'd, you can banish Wyvern to revive the Paladin at the very same turn - Wyvern is also great with the Trap because it's the lowest level Red-Eyes and be used to quickly revive a Dragon in Grave). I can smell a deck around this cooking up, but I have no idea how Red-Eyes decks currently play. :P

There's also some obvious synergy in a Red-Eyes Ritual Deck, 'cuz Paladin of Dark can fill your Grave for Lord of Red Ritual Summons and the Ritual can search out the Lord of Red Ritual Spell. This sounds like a very fun deck, but no idea if it's actually consistent.

Toon Rollback and Shadow Toon are cool, but both cards fill the same small niche of toolbox-able finishers, so both at the same time seems kinda redundant. :/

Toon Briefcase, however, is exactly what Toons needed: a way to slow down the game. Note that you don't even need Toon World, just a Toon Monster, so the Normal Summon Toons work just as well.

Sibyl Petalelf seems great. Apparently, the Defense lock is permanent, which is very powerful. And when coupled with Tarotray, that easily translates to an total attack lock. Not half bad. Ouijamorrigan, however, is absolutely godawful.

At first, I thought Reverse Reuse looked like an horrible card, but honestly, this might have some use. Remove Brainwashing hijinks aside, there are so many Flip Monsters with symmetrical effects, and you can trigger an opponent's Flips so easily by attacking them, it's actually pretty easy to turn this silly drawback card into an huge plus. The fact that it says "up to 2" kinda makes me think about this card. :)

As for the Aqua Actress cards... well, they seem alright. Tetra cements the fact that, yes, Aqua Actresses want to stick on the field and flood the game with incremental advantage. Very powerful card that ties up the Archetype together.

The Aquarium, however... +600 ATK seems kinda meh when your monsters are so weak and your other Spells can double them up or protect them from battle altogether. At least you can have multiples? Meh. Unless they manage to find a way to destroy their own Aquariums for fun and profit, I'd run 1 for toolboxing purposes only.

Also, new D/D/Ds.

The Fusion is pretty dope, but it's important to notice that it requires 2 D/D/Ds, not 2 D/Ds. Meaning, you need to fuse the Boss Monsters. Sure, with the Covenant Fusion, there's no reason not to run him, and the fact that it Equips when declaring an attack means that he can easily steal one guy then deal massive damage attacking another. Powerful, albeit situational.

The Xyz... well, he's a SS2 Heavy Storm x2, which is all that really matters. Yes, he recycles Covenants, but I can't ever see this being used over the "Xyz, negate all effects, then Heavy Storm backrow, then leave him with 1 Material to lock down all opp's Traps" setup (which, by the way, wins games). And 2 Level 8 "D/Ds" is one really harsh requirement. Iunno, he's cool and all, but I'm not sure if I see it. :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Sets, TCG, OCG, Tins, Special Editions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users