EeL

SSJ4 Poster

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

I don't know if you all have a thread like this, but I thought I'd ask and see what you all think is the worst card ever created. It has to be just one per. post, you can post the pic if you want, and explain why you think it's horrible. It can even be an anime only card... so without further ado...

Posted Image

Hate to say it, but I think this is one of the worst cards ever. There is no reason to wait 2 turns and kill 2 cards just for something that has like 300ATK more than the original and in 2 turns you'll get Great Moth. Not even when MRD first came out was this card good. Plus it can't come out other ways unless it's summoned properly first. I love the artwork and whenever I saw it in the anime but in real life it sucks.

PS: I'm kinda hoping to see some stuff that's actually being released nowadays to spice things up, people tend to go old school for crappy cards.

Edited by EeL, 22 July 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#2 Rivershock

Rivershock

XC's Official Setmaker

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

In advanced, Anti Raigeki and Gryphon Wing are probably worse than Larvae Moth (being a Trap is nearly useless for costs and such, whereas many cards use monsters and spells). Of course, they are equally useless, hence my mentioning both.

#3 Nanobear

Nanobear

Needs a life

• Oldies
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:reading books and learning bout new things.
    playing and reading about new yugioh cards.

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Solomons lawbook I think is useless. Really just skip my standby phase like what's the point??

#4 Blydden

Blydden

~ Honest ~

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostNanobear, on 22 July 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Solomons lawbook I think is useless. Really just skip my standby phase like what's the point??

It can be a very handy card to avoid costs/drawbacks. Mirror Wall, anyone?

Edited by Blydden, 23 July 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#5 Nanobear

Nanobear

Needs a life

• Oldies
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:reading books and learning bout new things.
    playing and reading about new yugioh cards.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

Ok but realistically would u run it?

#6 Rivershock

Rivershock

XC's Official Setmaker

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

With the right cards (such as Mirror Wall or Destiny Hero - Doom Lord), sure. Keeping Mirror Wall around for an extra turn is really useful, it's a rather good defence that can be used semi-offensively once.

#7 Jesse

Jesse

The Guy You Want To Know

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hah, no Shapesnatch?

#8 NineTales

NineTales

The Badass Self-Proclaimed Otaku

• Oldies
  • Pip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:anime,video games, being an otaku you name it

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Posted Image

The worst card in my opinion, is Gate Guardian. How likely was anyone able to get Suijin, Kazejin, AND Sanga on the field to tribute for Guardian? I know field advantage wasn't really an issue back then, but when you need to tribute 3 level 7 monsters to summon an even bigger monster when it was very difficult to get out monster level 7+ then you have a problem. Sorry Guardian, I'd like you more if you were a fusion monster instead.

Edited by kyuubiRasenX, 23 July 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#9 Blydden

Blydden

~ Honest ~

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Posted Image

The worst fairy of the fairies. Use Winged Kuriboh instead.

#10 JoeTheSwap

JoeTheSwap

Bossman of the XCG

• Local Mod
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Gate Guardian can be used in certain Decks (UFOroid Fighter based comes to mind).

Dancing Elf is still a low level vanilla that can be used well with the right support (there are better options, but it still usable).

Solomon's Lawbook still has its uses, even if not an optimal card.

Shapesnatch has a troll hammer, period.

I agree with Larvae Moth being the worst.

#11 redeyeszack84

redeyeszack84

Resident Gamer... ZERO!

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Dragon Master Knight kinda strikes me as a pretty worthless card.  (Ok, yeah, Larvae Moth is winning more still).   But really, a fusion of a 3000 ATK monster and 4500 ATK monster is just supid, especially when you factor in the combined atk value of its fusions being 7500, and its max boost, since it excludes itself, brings its full attack to 7000.  And any spell/trap/effect that would make it up,  would have to be given to BEUD to begin with, giving the unfused form a greater edge.

Of course, the wisdom of taking three monsters who combined attack is 9000, to make a 4500 monster in the first place, is pretty stupid...

I think Wall Shadow might rank in the Top 5 useless cards though, with Thousand Eyes Idol rounding things up

#12 Blydden

Blydden

~ Honest ~

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

Oh yeah, you can't beat Larvae Moth. Dancing Elf just struck me as something in the top 10 (and I'm biased because I love fairies so much). Thousand-Eyes Idol I thought of, and now probably agree with as being #2.

#13 TheLaughingMan-JDS

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Chivalrous Shark

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

If you already know about Larvae Moth, you don't need to make a thread for this. It IS the worst. Period. Even Thousand-Eyes Idol can be used for Creature Swap, Crush Card Virus, and is Fusion Material (Metamorphosis works too) for Restrict.

#14 SuperTrain

SuperTrain

Rocket Locomotive

• Oldies
  • PipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:TekCalibur, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Power Rangers fanfiction. Oh, and that one children's card game.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

View Postredeyeszack84, on 23 July 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

Dragon Master Knight kinda strikes me as a pretty worthless card.  (Ok, yeah, Larvae Moth is winning more still).   But really, a fusion of a 3000 ATK monster and 4500 ATK monster is just supid, especially when you factor in the combined atk value of its fusions being 7500, and its max boost, since it excludes itself, brings its full attack to 7000.  And any spell/trap/effect that would make it up,  would have to be given to BEUD to begin with, giving the unfused form a greater edge.
Dragon's Mirror with BLS and King of the Swamp in grave.

Gotta be Larvae Moth.

Edited by SuperTrain, 23 July 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#15 storyteller

storyteller

When a story comes to an end...

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

But you can banish Larvae Moth to summon Aztekapieze and Doom Dozer.
You can also banish it to make Gigantes or Gigastone Omega ._.

I agree with River that a useless Trap/Spell is more useless than a useless monster.

#16 EeL

EeL

SSJ4 Poster

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hm, Solomon's Lawbook is actually pretty good when used in the right deck. There are some cards that say to be destroyed on a certain Standby Phase, if you skip that specific one the card will stay on the field beyond its own destroy itself effect which is useful.

Gate Guardian I've used in the UFOROID Fighter deck and is pretty useful there... not anywhere else.

Dragon Master Knight is actually easy to bring out depending on which deck you run (if you run a dragon deck with BEUD then use a fusion sub, same goes with the normal BLS).

If people want to come down on ShapeSnatch then they should come down on Aitsu more. I know he can do more stuff, but with 3 MST's and Heavy Storm that strategy is useless.

You are right about Larvae Moth still having some use, even if it's just to get RFG'd or something... I think RiverShock might be right about Anti-Raigeki/Gryphon Wing. But would they be that bad if Raigeki/Harpie's Feather Duster were usable?

#17 storyteller

storyteller

When a story comes to an end...

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

The argument is irrelevant because they are NOT usable.
And I'd argue they'd still be useless even if they are allowed. I'd much rather run generic negation.

#18 redeyeszack84

redeyeszack84

Resident Gamer... ZERO!

• Oldies
  • 8,822 posts
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well, I don't know how many here were around for when Raigeki and HFD were legal, but beyond a newbies deck... yeah, even when they were around, the Anti-Cards never got used.  Magic Jammer was a better option, along with Imperial Order.  Now days, you'd just Starlight Road em.

My basis of Dragon Master Knight wasn't based on ease of summoning, but rather how much you short change yourself by useing it, basically going down its entire evolutionary chain, where its just smarter (if not easier) to just use Three BEWDs.

#19 kyros27

kyros27

Spewer of over 4000 Posts!

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Dragon Master Knight is only played using fusion substitutes though since if you were to play it with it's actual requirements you would be incredibly stupid.  As far as Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon 99% of the time it is also better to have 3 Blue Eyes White Dragons on the field, but I don't know why you would summon 3 of them when you can fuse from your hand, field, or gy depending on which fusion method you use.

#20 Stomach The MachoPony

Stomach The MachoPony

Come at me DB

• Oldies
  • 7,764 posts
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Larvae Moth is Worst Everything else is useable somehow even if you wouldnt want to
/topic
this topic is now about Breasts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users