Photo
* * * * * 1 votes 137 replies to this topic

Growing up sucks

Blog

• Please log in to reply

#101 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

Let's not pretend, Newman. Last time you said you were 5'4. Adding an inch won't solve anything.

Depends on where the inch is being added ;)

That's a really valid point, but you don't want your nose to get too big, or you might accidentally poke people in the belly button while you're walking. As far as I know, girls aren't into that shit. Hopefully.

#102 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't think adding an inch to anything on Newman would honestly make any sort of difference. Maybe he could just add one inch to his big toe, and join the circus or something.

#103 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

BALLS

#104 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Da fuq is wrong with your sig?

#105 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Small blog post go!

So as I've said in my Agent deck thread, I'm getting back into playing the game in September in RL. And yes I am excited/nervous, more along the lines of nervous though, I've never been good with playing people I don't know to be honest almost to the point to where I make stupid mistakes because of how nervous I am lol. Which is odd since I'm a lot more outgoing than I was when I played before. But like I asked in that thread, what is some general advice for playing in RL? Don't get burned by trades? Stuff like that, even general knowledge would be nice to know.

Remember how I said I'm going to go workout? Well I have for almost a month now, I've lost 13 lbs so far and started to get more definition in my arms, chest and abdomen, to the point of where people are saying that I'm starting to look pretty bulky. And all it took was eating less and eating better, seriously, I eat a ton. But eating a lot of vegetables and watching calories has definitely helped in losing that much, that fast. Sure I still see cookies in the pantry and have an inner debate with myself on whether I should devour them or not, but I usually tell myself not to and luckily I don't.

I'm also thinking about getting Laser Surgery on my left eye, cause as some of you know I have a Lazy Eye in my left eye (Shut up MBP.) All they would need to do is singe the muscle that is weak, the whole process wouldn't take more than 30 minutes and I do have the availability of being off on weekends now so all I'd have to do is schedule the surgery on a Friday and take the whole weekend to heal. I don't really see a downside, but seeing as I've wore glasses my whole life I'm kinda nervous to give them up, cause I don't know if I'd look good without my glasses xD.

Well that's about it for now, blog post was as short as me (take that as you will.) Lol.

Edited by Newman, 26 August 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#106 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I love you, you're such an inspiration!

#107 Nanobear Oldies Needs a life 788 posts 0.00 XCB

Nanobear
  • Interests:reading books and learning bout new things.
    playing and reading about new yugioh cards.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

I thought that laser eye surgery was not permanent it always goes back after some time our gets gradually worse. Then again this is only hearing from my grandma who has had it done multiple times

#108 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

I thought that laser eye surgery was not permanent it always goes back after some time our gets gradually worse. Then again this is only hearing from my grandma who has had it done multiple times

You sure that's not cataracts that your grandma is talking about? I believe those come back even after laser surgery.

#109 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Wait, didn't you workout before (like, last year)?

I could use some tips for trades too. <.<

#110 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Be current on card prices. Some people will try to sell you stuff over priced. So, if you have a smart phone I would suggest checking the prices of the cards you see you want. If not, then get an idea of the prices before you go to your locals. Over time you will learn which people ar easier to deal with so trading and selling becomes easier.

For in game, shuffle your hand. If they know what deck you play, and you keep fidgetting with certain cards in your hand, then it gives them an idea of what you can have. Never let them know you have a bad hand. If you do then the opponent knows to go all out.

If you forget what is set in the backrow, it is fine to check and see, sometimes it makes people flip a MST, sometimes it doesn't.

And before changing Phases it is always nice to give the opponent a warning you are going into the next Phase.

My advice probably is not as great as true competitive people like Sho or DB can give, but hope it helps!

Oh, and we need photographic evidence of your once again muscular self for....viewing purposes.

#111 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Oh, and we need photographic evidence of your once again muscular self for....viewing purposes.

This.

My exercising has come to a break for now because broken toe. How the fuck do you lose 13 lbs in one month... like my god I hate you men.

#112 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

You sure that's not cataracts that your grandma is talking about? I believe those come back even after laser surgery.

I've heard that laser surgery for a Lazy Eye is generally a one time only thing, but who knows lol.

Wait, didn't you workout before (like, last year)?

I could use some tips for trades too. <.<

I did lol. But moving into a new department in the factory, having to learn a new job and moving to 2nd shift kinda killed my motivation, but I am going back now and am gonna try my hardest to keep up with it lol.

Be current on card prices. Some people will try to sell you stuff over priced. So, if you have a smart phone I would suggest checking the prices of the cards you see you want. If not, then get an idea of the prices before you go to your locals. Over time you will learn which people ar easier to deal with so trading and selling becomes easier.

For in game, shuffle your hand. If they know what deck you play, and you keep fidgetting with certain cards in your hand, then it gives them an idea of what you can have. Never let them know you have a bad hand. If you do then the opponent knows to go all out.

If you forget what is set in the backrow, it is fine to check and see, sometimes it makes people flip a MST, sometimes it doesn't.

And before changing Phases it is always nice to give the opponent a warning you are going into the next Phase.

My advice probably is not as great as true competitive people like Sho or DB can give, but hope it helps!

Good advice Lancer, wish they had a YGO card pricing app that would pull prices from all kinds of sites so you could compare right then and there lol. Ah, I've seen people do the shuffling hand thing tons of times, I just found it annoying it they keep on doing it over and over, but I'll give that a shot lol.

I'll tell you what I told Fran, we'll see xD

This.

My exercising has come to a break for now because broken toe. How the fuck do you lose 13 lbs in one month... like my god I hate you men.

Lol, like I said I like to eat, and if I manage how many calories I eat I generally lose weight pretty fast. Exercising is kinda a double-edged sword for me, I wanna do it, but since I work 2nd shift I don't wanna get up super early to go workout. I still do, but I really would rather workout later in the day lol.

#113 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Trollandtoad, CoreTCG, and eBay are the best websites I have found for pricing.

#114 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Trollandtoad, CoreTCG, and eBay are the best websites I have found for pricing.

I actually just got a P.O. Box yesterday so I can buy cards from CoreTCG xD

I'm not planning on really buying stuff from locals just yet, maybe in 2 or so weeks until people finally realize "Oh this deck is pretty nice" or "Man this decks sucks, why is it so overhyped?" I'm also planning on building Bujin's, but I'll be damned if I buy 1 Yamato for $30+. I'll wait until the hype is over, then I'll get it xD

#115 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

You have to post it on here for everyone to see.

#116 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yamato is a short-print and Bujins are only going to get better come Shadow Specters. Chances of that bitch's price dropping are so slim.

tcgplayer.com has a great pricing technique, as they show prices across multiple vendors, so you can get a solid average.

I typically use ebay and only look at completed/sold listings.

#117 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Dis bitch suddenly wants to hop on the Bujin wagon after getting Bujin'd. Poser. :luigi:

#118 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

Yamato is a short-print and Bujins are only going to get better come Shadow Specters. Chances of that bitch's price dropping are so slim.

tcgplayer.com has a great pricing technique, as they show prices across multiple vendors, so you can get a solid average.

Thanks DB~

What I mean by the price going down is, once people realize that the deck isn't going to be Tier 1 like most people are thinking that it is, they'll wanna get rid of the Yamato's for cheaper than what they are now. And we are getting that Monster Box for JOTL, so maybe that'll bring down the price as well, who knows lol.

Dis bitch suddenly wants to hop on the Bujin wagon after getting Bujin'd. Poser. :luigi:

>_> I've always been interested in them, but having to rely on one card for almost all your plays kinda isn't my thing xD

So, just found out today that I got yet another promotion. Oh, I'm not complaining, far from it actually. I get more pay and I go back to day shift as well, now whether or not I stay on day shift permanently I don't know I'm gonna talk to my going to be boss about it tomorrow. Another thing that's awesome is, my boss that I'm going to have, I've worked for him before and I've known him since I was younger so that definitely helps out a ton, he has a kinda tarnished image because he wants to get the job done, which there's nothing wrong with that but people are lazy and mistake that for him being a slave driver when all he wants to do is make sure we just get the job done in an acceptable time frame.

This also brings me to another good point, remember how I said that because of my second shift job I'll only be able to play YGO on Saturdays? Well guess what, I'm gonna be able to play on Tuesdays as well, since the time for locals on Tuesdays is 5 or 5:30 pm, and since I'll be getting off work at 3:30 pm this works out perfectly lol. So, yay~~

#119 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Thanks DB~

What I mean by the price going down is, once people realize that the deck isn't going to be Tier 1 like most people are thinking that it is, they'll wanna get rid of the Yamato's for cheaper than what they are now. And we are getting that Monster Box for JOTL, so maybe that'll bring down the price as well, who knows lol.

The thing is, though, all of the competitive players already recognize that. They're all jumping on that Dragon bandwagon. It's the casuals that think the new tactics of the deck are awesome that are keeping its price stable.

#120 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Day shift sounds pretty darn cool. I sense more Hangouts in your future, Newman D:

Your lazy eye is cool though, it makes you unique >.O

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users