• Please log in to reply

#81 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I do what I can to help make people feel better. Grow some balls, Newman. <3

#82 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Okay, blog post go!!

Seriously though, it's been a while since I actually wrote one of these. Primarily since nothing in my life has been really exciting or different lately, pretty much as normal as you can get. But I have this thing weighing on my mind, and honestly I need some advice on it.

So here's what is going down, I'm 24 and I have a substantial amount of money in the bank. I'm single, and I have nothing here in my hometown to tie me down to anything, knowing this my dad made a suggestion to me the other day while eating sushi (Eel, Red Snapper, Shrimp and Salmon if you really wanted to know and it was delicious.) If you live in the U.S. you've probably heard of the University of Kentucky whether by Basketball or academics and such, well I happen to live in Kentucky and I just so happen to almost have my Associates Degree as well, I only need a few credits for it. And he suggested that I should go get my degree in something that I would love to do while I'm young (hes 48 yrs old today actually and he almost has his Bachelors Degree) since from what he told me, when you get way too much responsibility and you have a family it makes it very tough to go back to school. So here's my dilemma, should I go for it? Should I move to a city where I know no one? As pathetic sounding as it is, I've never lived anywhere except for with my parents and frankly I'm kinda scared lol. I mean I do get what he means, and it's a nice place for a fresh start in a new chapter of my life and top that with a degree in the future in something that I'd love to do, sounds good right?

Funny story time, last night we had a small party at my house, there were going to be about 60+ people there originally but it was raining the entire day, so we couldn't use our pool, oh well lol. Well I call up my friend that I haven't talked to in a good bit and ask if he wants to come over and drink with me, he ends up coming over like 30 minutes after I call him and we proceed to drink. I make him a drink I call Custard (vanilla cream soda and cake vodka) and he likes it, so we each have a few of those, now keep in mind I've been drinking since about 2 pm and it was currently 5 pm. So I was already pretty drunk, but I decided to keep up with him so that way he didn't feel like he was the only one drinking, I'm a good person, I know lol. Well then I bust out the Sake, if you don't know what Sake is, it is Japanese Alcohol made from Rice, and depending on what type you get it can be very smooth going down. We have a handful of drinks of that, well then we drink a few shots of what my dad calls a "Wildcat Shot" (triple sec, raspberry vodka, sweet and sour mix, sprite and blue food coloring to make it blue) and that was pretty good. Well I'm feeling so drunk that I have to prop myself up on something or I'll fall on my ass, my dad orders the Silva/Weidman fight (hell yeah Silva lost!) So I stumble downstairs to my basement and as I'm making my way to the couch someone tackles my legs and wrestles me to the ground, well it was my neighbor, so I ended up getting out of his whatever the hell it was and put him in a headlock, after about a minute he lets go and so do I, we laugh and we each sit down and start to watch the fights. I don't even make it into the first fight when I start to feel terrible.

I go upstairs to my kitchen where I grab a bottle of water from my refrigerator and lay on the floor and I kick my shoes off, I'm there for a good 10 minutes until my older sister comes over and helps me up to my room where I proceed to lay on my bed. I apparently wasn't there for long though, as my friend came up and he was as wasted as I was, he lays on my floor, but he suddenly gets the urge to puke, so he goes to my bathroom and proceeds to vomit. Not 5 minutes after he left, suddenly I feel the urge to puke as well, so I'm running, which probably wasn't a good idea thinking about that now, to my parents bathroom and I barely make it. Still feeling terrible I lay down right next to the toilet and puke a couple more times, I eventually fell asleep for like a hour or so when my dad helps me up off the floor and helps me to my bed, keep in mind, my friend is still in my bathroom, so I bang on the door and apparently wake him up and I ask him if I can come in. I open the door and it's a horrible sight, puke everywhere. On the ground, in the toilet, on himself and his clothes, so I tell him to clean up the place a bit and I'll get him some clean clothes to sleep in. Well he doesn't clean up and I don't blame him at all, I give him the clothes and set a blanket and pillow out on my bedroom floor and make sure to put the garbage can right next to him just in case he needs to puke again. I say night to him and the only words he says to me are "I hate you for making me drink so much" I laugh my ass off and feel bad for him, I brush my teeth and go to bed.

I wake up the next morning aka today and my head is killing me, it feels like I had a 300lb fat woman sitting on it. I wake my friend up and luckily he didn't puke anymore he says that his head hurts as well, so we clean up my room a bit and he leaves. Then I look at both bathrooms, and now I have to clean them. My parents bathroom wasn't too terrible but mine was hideous. Took me a good 30 minutes to clean everything up.

So moral of the story. When drinking, try to stick to one thing, otherwise your stomach won't be able to digest all the different liquors properly and will lead you to puke. Which is not fun at all.

Moving on from drinking and serious life stuff, I've been playing Pokemon SoulSilver again. And I'm trying to figure out a good team to end up with when I get the chance. I know I want Lucario and Jolteon, those two are my favorites. Any ideas for a good team?

That's all for now, drink responsibly my friends.

#83 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Lol'd. At first, it's scary living alone, but after the first week you pretty much get used to it, and start feeling comfortable in your own controlled environment. If you keep thinking about how scary it's going to be, you're going to easily get homesick, and back out.

ALSO ALSO! You're such a fun drunk! You should have left your cam on so we could see how ridiculous your vomiting experiences were. I mean, you've done it on cam before.... :D

#84 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

So moral of the story. When drinking, try to stick to one thing, otherwise your stomach won't be able to digest all the different liquors properly and will lead you to puke. Which is not fun at all.

I think it's more a liver thing.

Moving on from drinking and serious life stuff, I've been playing Pokemon SoulSilver again. And I'm trying to figure out a good team to end up with when I get the chance. I know I want Lucario and Jolteon, those two are my favorites. Any ideas for a good team?

Include Altaria and Kingler!

NO U

#85 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Newman, put down the forty and back away from the bar stool. You need help!

Your puke stories are strange. I think you should definitely consider listening to your dad, because he likely knows what he's talking about and wants the best for you. That said, it'll be a good experience for you to get out of the house and be independent. The personal growth in itself will be worth it. You won't really be too far from your family anyhow though (assuming you have a car?), so it's not that much to worry about. I mean, worse case scenario, you move and know nobody and make no friends, the place is terrible, and you get killed late at night by Fran dressed as an alcoholic hobo. Best case, you like living by yourself and enjoy the experience, and get a degree.

#86 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Your puke stories are strange. I think you should definitely consider listening to your dad, because he likely knows what he's talking about and wants the best for you. That said, it'll be a good experience for you to get out of the house and be independent. The personal growth in itself will be worth it. You won't really be too far from your family anyhow though (assuming you have a car?), so it's not that much to worry about. I mean, worse case scenario, you move and know nobody and make no friends, the place is terrible, and you get killed late at night by Fran dressed as an alcoholic hobo. Best case, you like living by yourself and enjoy the experience, and get a degree.

My alcoholic hobo disguise:

Posted Image

The red stains on my face and neck are wine stains. Not blood, I swear! :lildevil:

#87 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Lol'd. At first, it's scary living alone, but after the first week you pretty much get used to it, and start feeling comfortable in your own controlled environment. If you keep thinking about how scary it's going to be, you're going to easily get homesick, and back out.

ALSO ALSO! You're such a fun drunk! You should have left your cam on so we could see how ridiculous your vomiting experiences were. I mean, you've done it on cam before.... :D

xD I have been told I'm a very fun drunk. Which reminds me, I need to drink with DB again soon, fun times lol.

So far I've been thinking about it, but so far I think I might just stay in my comfort zone. But then again maybe I need to step outside of my comfort zone.

I think it's more a liver thing.

Include Altaria and Kingler!

NO U

Lol, I actually stopped playing SoulSilver. I'm playing White now, and I actually still need to get those Eevee's and others from Kakashi.

Any ideas for teams in this one? And I always start drinking responsibly, its just later in the night I kinda forget that fact >_>"

Hey, hey, hey. I'm not that bad when it comes to drinking, besides I really only drink of Saturdays and even then only a few at that.

Yeah I was weighing the pros and cons a few days back and pretty much what you said is what I came up with lol. I was just in PA so that would have been Fran's best chance to kill me D:

Thanks for the advice lol.

Posted Image

The red stains on my face and neck are wine stains. Not blood, I swear! :lildevil:

Lol, sure they are.

OH and before I forget.

I've started to workout again, I weighed myself the other day and saw that I was 169 lbs and I felt terrible. The heaviest I've ever been. Every month or so I'll post pictures of my status at the time and when I get a workout schedule made I'll post that here as well.

The first week I'm gonna take it easy, but then after that I'm going to hit the gym, hard.

Edited by Newman, 16 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#88 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

pfft 169 is that all? im 300lbs and younger than you are bro and do i look like i give a fuck?

though you should definately cut down/out alcohol or itl come back to bite you in the arse some day

#89 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Posted Image

^Fran without make-up ;)

Just hit up the treadmill and you should be fine. I usually do an intense run (usually shifting around between 7 and 9 mph) and that's been working for me. Try to measure your daily caloric intake, then subtract 2000 from that. Whatever that number is is what you need to be burning (of course, you have to take into account how many days per week you're exercising too).

For White, I'm actually planning on restarting my game (then finally getting one of the sequels). If I recall, Bisharp was a pretty fun guy to play with and has great typing for dealing with the Ghost and Psychic E4 members. Oshawott's my favorite starter, because Shell Blade is too pro. I'm also a big fan of Galvantula because of the typing.

#90 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

pfft 169 is that all? im 300lbs and younger than you are bro and do i look like i give a fuck?

though you should definately cut down/out alcohol or itl come back to bite you in the arse some day

Lol, I'm only 5'5 so I feel that it isn't properly distributed because of my height. Regardless, you are right about the drinking lol, my dad is a prime example of that.

Posted Image

^Fran without make-up ;)

Just hit up the treadmill and you should be fine. I usually do an intense run (usually shifting around between 7 and 9 mph) and that's been working for me. Try to measure your daily caloric intake, then subtract 2000 from that. Whatever that number is is what you need to be burning (of course, you have to take into account how many days per week you're exercising too).

For White, I'm actually planning on restarting my game (then finally getting one of the sequels). If I recall, Bisharp was a pretty fun guy to play with and has great typing for dealing with the Ghost and Psychic E4 members. Oshawott's my favorite starter, because Shell Blade is too pro. I'm also a big fan of Galvantula because of the typing.

Actually I've been wanted to pack on a bit of bulk for a bit and trim myself up a bit more in the meantime. But that's a good idea as well, I usually jog for about 10 minutes on the treadmill to loosen up before I start my other workouts, just to get my heart beating at a good pace. And it helps build cardio, so win win lol.

Oh, I always choose Oshawott as my starter, gotta love the guy. I'm thinking about getting an all Eevee evolution team with Jolteon as my first one, cause why not? Along with Lucario, since he's one of my favorites xD

Edited by Newman, 16 July 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#91 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

^Fran without make-up ;)

Posted Image

#92 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

^Fran without make-up ;)

Posted Image

Which reminds me that I seriously need to watch Breaking Bad...

Which Eeveelution are you going without then? Personally, I'm not a big fan of Leafeon and its moveset is meh.

#93 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Get a Reuniclus. It is so good and was a heavy hitter on my team.

And I am taller than you? Dafuq?

#94 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image

^Fran without make-up ;)

Posted Image

Which reminds me that I seriously need to watch Breaking Bad...

Which Eeveelution are you going without then? Personally, I'm not a big fan of Leafeon and its moveset is meh.

I need to watch Breaking Bad as well actually...

I was thinking about going without Vaporeon and Flareon originally, I didn't realize that Leafeon was bad as well D:

Get a Reuniclus. It is so good and was a heavy hitter on my team.

And I am taller than you? Dafuq?

I actually don't know what pokemon that is, I'll have to look it up then lol

Lancer, I think most of XC is taller than me xD

#95 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Without Vaporeon?! Vaporeon's one of the best! Great tank and pretty substantial SpA, as well as the fact that it's a Water. It's the only Eeveelution I would never go without.

Flareon is alright. The movepool I guess is limited (mountains of Fire moves, and Shadow Ball), but having a Fire is pretty necessary with a lot of dual-type Steels running around in the last two Gens.

Leafeon has good Speed, and I suppose is the only Physical attacker of the group, but aside from Leaf Blade it has no moves worth mentioning (except X-Scissor, maybe), and it dies horribly because of its Special Defense and the wide range of Grass weaknesses.

Running a Sunny Day set-up with Flareon and Leafeon combined might be a cool idea though, since Flareon's moves will be given a huge boost and Leafeon's ability will be active. Flareon can also switch in to take Fire moves for Leafeon with Flash Fire.

If you're going to run through the main storyline with the Eevee team, I'd go without Umbreon. As much as I LOVE that guy, he's more of a staller/defender, so games with him will be fairly slow. He'll be exceptionally useful against the Elite Four though, so it's a question of whether you're willing to make your journey longer for an easier endgame.

#96 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3754 posts 21.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

...Espeon is best pony.

That is all.

#97 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Lol, I'm only 5'5 so I feel that it isn't properly distributed because of my height. Regardless, you are right about the drinking lol, my dad is a prime example of that.

You're only 5'5? So am I... I honestly didn't think you were. Nice to know that you're one of the awesome ones. :D

I'm thinking about getting an all Eevee evolution team with Jolteon as my first one, cause why not? Along with Lucario, since he's one of my favorites xD

I have a dream world Espeon, which I think is the best one... Umm. All Eevee evolutions are awesome, but none of them are amazing. Vaporeon and Espeon are probably the best, but Flareon, Jolteon and Umbreon are probably the coolest, in my opinion. I do like Leafeon and Glaceon, especially Leafeon, but it's pretty bad. Grass-types just kinda suck.

I'd go for Flareon after Jolteon, though that's just me.

#98 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Jolteon = Vaporeon > Espeon = Umbreon > Leafeon > Glaceon = Flareon

I'd leave out Glaceon and Flareon.

IMO, if you're going for a full set of Eevees, I'd give breeding a try to get Eevees with Baton Pass. Jolteon's Agility, Vaporeon's Acid Armor and/or Wish, Espeon's Calm Mind and Leafeon's Swords Dance will give you answers to everything~

Also, according to the unit converter, I should be somewhere around 5'11'', so I'm a massive taco (?)

#99 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Let's not pretend, Newman. Last time you said you were 5'4. Adding an inch won't solve anything.

#100 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Let's not pretend, Newman. Last time you said you were 5'4. Adding an inch won't solve anything.

Depends on where the inch is being added ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users