Photo
* * * * * 1 votes 137 replies to this topic

Growing up sucks

Blog

• Please log in to reply

#41 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I try, bit I got to work at about 6 CST so not sure how long we could talk xD
I'll see if I can get on tonight.
Give her sake....

Well like my blog post said, I'll be off work from July 4th to 8th, so I'll have plenty of time to stay up late and talk then lol

We should make a XC Skype group. :o

^ This idea is awesome, I like IRC but not everyone logs into it, Skype could be a alternate chat source for XC.

I love this idea and support it.

Supported. I might have to upload a smexy picture into my Skype now :x

v0 geekay 0v

Yay, all on the Skype bandwagon!!

Well my Skype name is Newmanator88 for you all to know, so go ahead and send me a contact request. Of course say who you are lol.

Edit:

Ninja'd

Sounds like a good idea Kakashi, you go for it.

Edited by Newman, 01 July 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#42 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3754 posts 21.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

http://xerocreative....al-skype-group/

Done.

#43 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I do like me some bunny.

#44 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

I haven't made a blog post in a while, so here it is.

Last week was meh, I was off work for the majority of it. All went well until saturday when I got COCKBLOCKED!!

Allow me to explain, my younger sisters friend who is 19 came over to my house since my parents were having a 4th of July party and there was a good amount of people at the party. My sisters friend being one of them, well her parents love me since I'm a good guy and I have my head on straight, something that a few of her ex's seemed to not be/have. So I muster up the courage to talk to her, oh did I mention that I'm incredibly shy when talking to girls that I like/want to get to know? No? Oh well now you know (And knowing is half the battle!!) Sorry couldn't help it, but I'm moving away from the topic. Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah I went to talk to her and shes seems to be really cool, shes incredibly cute as well so that helped. As were talking we are also drinking since you know its a party, her parents were cool with her drinking even though she was 19.

So a ton of drunk people are there and two of them come over and interrupt us while we were talking, one was my neighbor who is married by the way another was my neighbors friend that I've met a few times, he seems like a nice guy. Well she starts talking more to them than to me, I stopped drinking about an hour before talking to her so I've sobered up a bit, meanwhile shes still drinking, not heavily but gradually drinking thoroughout the day. Up until the point to where I'm not even in the conversation any more and I'm now feeling like an outcast in a conversation that I started!! Which makes me think to myself, "I guess I'm pretty boring if a drunk person is more interesting than a sober me." After that I pretty much just made small talk with her for the rest of the day, nothing serious just "Oh hey, having fun?" I'm pathetic.

My parents want me to ask her out on a date, but I know nothing is going to come out of it. I'm a pretty negative person to be honest, I always look at the bad that can happen out of a certain thing before I see the good that can come out of it as well, it's a bad habit of mine that I'm trying to break but damn is it hard to stop.

Moving on though, during my holiday break from work that cute Japanese Engineer was transferred back to Japan D:

So no more eye-candy for me at work, damn I'm unlucky these days. I didn't even get to say goodbye to the other Japanese that went back as well and that sucks since I was pretty good friends with a few of them.

On to a more YGO based topic, I'm thinking about not using HEROs for a while. I love them and they'll always be my favorite archetype, but ever since Sho did so well with them at WCQ I just feel like whats the point? Sho did amazing with them, I'm not blaming him for anything by the way, its just I've lost interest in the entire archetype as of right now. I don't really have a reason its just an odd feeling that I've been having lately, you know?

Since Legendary Collection 3 is coming out in a few months, I've decided to focus on Gravekeepers for a while. Why you ask? Cause I love Ancient Egyptian history and they are depicted as protectors of a Pharohs tomb. That and I love the fact that they are inherently Anti-Meta with Necrovalley trolling all duel long, I'd love to see a new Gravekeepers monster be released, maybe one with a BW - Bora type of effect where you can SS it when you control another face up "Gravekeepers" monster. It'd add a ton more power to the deck and a quicker pace as well, but I doubt we'll see that. So since I'm focusing on them now I'm trying to learn all the rulings on Necrovalley as well since I don't want to look like an idiot when I'm using them.

Well I think that's all thats on my mind as of right now, thanks for reading as always!

#45 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Seeing as it's been a while since I posted a blog, I figured now would be a good time seeing as I just got back from an eventful vacation, here goes.

From February 1st - 6th I was at Disney World, and I had a pretty good time. Went to all the parks and rode all the notable rides, why did I go down there you ask? Well my younger sister is on her high school's dance team and they had a National Championship for dance down there so I figured why not go with them?

Unfortunately they didn't make it to the finals but they did pretty good being 24th out of 44 teams that competed (the cut off limit for the finals were 22 teams), it does suck though since it's her Senior year and all her hard work ended like that, she took it well but I still felt pretty sad for her. But because they didn't make it to the finals instead of having 2 days to enjoy the park, we had 3 days which was nice, I may have mentioned this before in my earlier blog posts (that no one seemed to care about >_>) but my sister has a friend who is 19 now and was on her team before, shes nice and she is very attractive I do have a crush on her, but I think it's time to give it up. Why you ask?

Well it was on the first day of competition and she was an assistant coach on my sisters team, I had been told that she may like me, so I tried to talk to her more and get to know her a bit better since I knew she had a good personality. But I noticed something the same day, she never initiated a conversation towards me, ever. I was always the one to start a conversation and she would answer pretty quickly and then she'd go quiet again. At first I didn't notice this, I tried to make her laugh but all I got was a small chuckle and how is that a problem you ask? Well the coaches boyfriend, who is a pretty cool guy, reminds me a lot of myself actually has known her for a bit and I saw her laughing much harder when she was talking to him, more than she ever did in front of me, I couldn't make her laugh like that. At that moment it all made sense now, she had no interest in me at all, the rest of the day I was pretty bummed.

On the night of the first day we had a "Parent's Meeting +1" the "+1" being me, and we just sat around a table and started drinking, and I drank a bit to kind of forget what happened that day, I was still coherent but I had a pretty good buzz going the whole time. I was making them laugh and it was a good time, until they brought her up, they were asking if I was going to go out with her and how we would make a great couple. I kindly told them that it wasn't up to me, and that she wasn't interested in me I believe I told them: "I like her, but she doesn't like me. It sucks but that's just how it goes with me." Then some of the mothers and even the coach said that if they were younger and didn't have boyfriends/husbands that they would take me in a second. As much as that sounded nice of them to say, I took it as pity, of course I just said thanks and then they started talking about how some of the younger girls have crushes on me. Girls whose ages ranged about 15-18 years old, so no thanks. Basically everyone wants me to go out with her, but the one person whose opinion actually matters on the subject could care less if I was even breathing.

On the plane ride back I was reading The Hunger Games and reading about how Katniss slowly develops feelings for Peeta kinda made me think about the girl again, and why I liked her, and why despite it all, I still like her. I'm a middle child and an only son, so I don't think I have to explain how growing up my little sister got whatever she wanted where as I had to beg for everything. Well despite her being the oldest of 3 children she was always looked down upon by her mother and a little bit by her father, don't get me wrong her parents are great people, they just always try to compare her with her younger sister who listens to everything they say and stuff like that. I think I saw a little bit of myself in her, and I wanted to spoil her since I know how it feels to be looked down on because of a younger sibling.

Honestly I'm not sure how to move on when it comes to her, I still want to try but I know in my heart that it probably won't ever happen. I may not be the most interesting guy, the most attractive or the funniest, but I'll be damned if she'll ever find another guy who would treat her as well as I would.

Moving on to my job now, I got promoted about 4 months ago and everything was going just fine, I was actually working more manageable hours (5:30 am to 3:30 pm). But they kept of bringing in more people into the room that I was working in, so they had to move me to 2nd shift, the hours are 3:30 pm to 1 am, not terrible but that does put my hopes of playing YGO in RL in the trash again. But oh well.

My boss now is pretty nice, hes a lot more understanding than my previous boss, but it always seems like hes plotting something. Regardless I'm on his good side, but 2nd shift has basically screwed my social life seeing as I start work when everyone else gets off work. Its not terrible though, it allows me to go workout earlier in the morning with less people in there so I can workout harder now.

Well that's about all for now.

#46 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

I know that feel, bro.

#47 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Why would you want to give up on anything you love? You can't just wash that feeling of love away, darling. When you try and talk to her, you described her as getting all shy, and quiet afterwards. Normally, that's a sign that she might actually be very interested in you, believe it or not. She just doesn't know how to approach you yet, so she's probably hoping for you to make the move. Why complain about it if you're not going to at least try?

Remember that little talk we had? Try being more assertive, Newman. I don't want to see you depressed over something like this. You need to show her that you're not afraid to dwell into awkward discussions. Just tell her how you feel about her, or take her on a date or something. It would be pretty bitchy for her to just flat out say, "No." You'll realize after that if she might be the "one." COME ON NEWMAN! DON'T LET BITCHES RUIN UR THANG, YO! <3

#48 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Newman, shy people always giggle when they're around people they like. They want to seem interested in what you're saying, but an outright laugh would appear immodest (some people are also insecure in their laugh). I've done it! You're misreading signals, bro, and making a major mistake. Now, run up to her and shout "Leroy Jenkins" at the top of your lungs!

#49 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Don't assume anything. Until she flat out says "no", there's always hope. Go for it, now that you can. If you're not sure, then go and get sure. It's always better to regret something that you did than regretting something you didn't do.

You're a good guy, so give it a try. I'll be crossing my tacos fingers for you buddy.

#50 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

John Hart taught me that if you don't know who's booty it is, just keep asking. Who booty is it? Who BOOTY is it? And if you don't get a response, I'm going to smack it. So the lesson here is that if you don't want to get your booty smacked, make sure you identify your booty. What I'm really trying to say is that you need slap her booty.

#51 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Why would you want to give up on anything you love? You can't just wash that feeling of love away, darling. When you try and talk to her, you described her as getting all shy, and quiet afterwards. Normally, that's a sign that she might actually be very interested in you, believe it or not. She just doesn't know how to approach you yet, so she's probably hoping for you to make the move. Why complain about it if you're not going to at least try?

Remember that little talk we had? Try being more assertive, Newman. I don't want to see you depressed over something like this. You need to show her that you're not afraid to dwell into awkward discussions. Just tell her how you feel about her, or take her on a date or something. It would be pretty bitchy for her to just flat out say, "No." You'll realize after that if she might be the "one." COME ON NEWMAN! DON'T LET BITCHES RUIN UR THANG, YO! <3

I'm dense when it comes to things like love and all things related, you know this lol. I know I need to be more assertive, her parents already love me, I actually need to give something to her dad since before we all went to Disney World he got into a minor wreck, so I bought him a "Get well soon Goofy cookie" afterwards I was planning on asking her if she wanted to go on a date with me, if its a no then that's that. If its a yes, well then I'll be happy lol. Okay will try <3

Newman, shy people always giggle when they're around people they like. They want to seem interested in what you're saying, but an outright laugh would appear immodest (some people are also insecure in their laugh). I've done it! You're misreading signals, bro, and making a major mistake. Now, run up to her and shout "Leroy Jenkins" at the top of your lungs!

I lol'd at "Leroy Jenkins" damn you MBP. x'D I just imagined myself doing that xDD.

She did seem to shy away from me to be honest, I asked her how her work was and how she liked it, but she never asked me what I did, I took that as a sign of "I don't care, leave me alone."

Don't assume anything. Until she flat out says "no", there's always hope. Go for it, now that you can. If you're not sure, then go and get sure. It's always better to regret something that you did than regretting something you didn't do.

You're a good guy, so give it a try. I'll be crossing my tacos fingers for you buddy.

Well since Sho's tacos fingers are now crossed for me, how can I lose? Heart of the Tacos, don't fail me now!

John Hart taught me that if you don't know who's booty it is, just keep asking. Who booty is it? Who BOOTY is it? And if you don't get a response, I'm going to smack it. So the lesson here is that if you don't want to get your booty smacked, make sure you identify your booty. What I'm really trying to say is that you need slap her booty.

This literally made my night, thanks Fran <3

#52 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Lol. I would love to just see you turn into a total asshole for just a week. It would be strange to see that side of you.

#53 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Nice vacations.

Make sure to express your feelings well.
I tried to declare my feelings once and I'm not sure if I was clear enough and everything got awkward... Well, you'll probably do it better. >.>

#54 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Lol. I would love to just see you turn into a total asshole for just a week. It would be strange to see that side of you.

Lol, I have a feeling that I would make you all hate me if I was an asshole though, so no thanks xD

Nice vacations.

Make sure to express your feelings well.
I tried to declare my feelings once and I'm not sure if I was clear enough and everything got awkward... Well, you'll probably do it better. >.>

I'll try, I just don't want to say something childish to her when telling her my feelings like "I like you" or "I have a crush on you" those for some reason seem pretty childish to say for me being 24.

Edited by Newman, 07 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#55 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Lol, I have a feeling that I would make you all hate me if I was an asshole though, so no thanks xD

DO WANT.

I'm an asshole all the time. And most people don't hate me. Most.

#56 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Not to jump on the 'follow your heart' mumbojumbo bandwagon, but that's pretty much the deal.

#57 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lol DB, I can't pull off being an ass quite like you :P

Not to jump on the 'follow your heart' mumbojumbo bandwagon, but that's pretty much the deal.

That's the thing I've "followed my heart" before and been rejected because of it. I guess I'll never know until I actually ask her.

#58 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Lol DB, I can't pull off being an ass quite like you :P

Forget what I said earlier about being an ass. Be who you are because I love the nice you. You don't have to stoop down to Kenny's level. :wink2:

#59 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5527 posts 433.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I may not be the most interesting guy, the most attractive or the funniest, but I'll be damned if she'll ever find another guy who would treat her as well as I would.

Quoted for emphasis. I'm practically in the exact same state. I would recommend giving it a shot, just like anyone else would, but it's so much harder than it seems. It's clear that the best thing to do would be to ask her. Plus, I really want to know what you did, because, I need inspiration to do so myself. Plus, with Valentine's not even a week away, I'd hate to see someone else in my position because I didn't do anything. So yeah, go for it. And report back!

And also, welcome back dude.

#60 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Do what you gotta do. I recently took that leap and crashed, but only because the girl did not want our friendship to end because of a fight or something. Basically, she was scared. I was too, but I figured "Why not try?" In the end, still friends.
Of course, you are not as close to this girl as I am the one I tried to get with so you will probably have an easier time with this than I did. Plus, your adorable and I would hit that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users