Photo
* * * * * 1 votes 137 replies to this topic

Growing up sucks

Blog

• Please log in to reply

#1 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hey everyone, how's it going?

It's my first time ever writing a blog, so who knows if I'm doing this correctly, if not oh well I'll learn.

Let me start out by saying that I live a pretty decent life, I don't have money troubles, I have a job and I have a good family. However I am a very boring and serious person most of the time. I wasn't always this way, I used to be fun and outgoing, but as the years passed by I stopped finding humor in things that I used to laugh about all day this caused me to lose a few friends but oh well.

Recent things have caused me to think about some choices I've made in my life, I'm not happy with who I am and what I've done with my life, actually if you want to get technical I probably hate my life based on some of the decisions I've made. I have a bit of sadness in my life I've lost 6 people close to me in a span of 6-8 years, I try not to get emotional cause that's just the type of person I am, someone who bottles up everything until it reaches a breaking point then I just let loose. Sometimes I feel like bursting into tears, but the tears just won't come it's almost as if they've dried up and left me as a emotionless robot.

I was basically called pathetic today by my fellow co-workers, I'm 23 years old and I have a good reputation at work, I'm relied upon and know my job very well but whenever I talk to people about wanting to do something else in the factory, something more technical maybe something electronic based they bring up the topic of college. I went to college for 2 years and stopped going because I ran out of money, I hate student loans I never want to use one in my life, so for every semester of my schooling I paid it out of pocket. Now that I have a good amount of money in my bank account from working all those ridiculous hours I keep telling myself and others that I'm going to go back as soon as possible to be able to move around and do other jobs where I'll be able to use my brain more, however I'm a terrible procrastinator, mix that with being lazy and yeah you get the point. One of my co-workers went on to say that I'm doing nothing with my life, to him all I do is "Go home, play video games and do nothing, you don't workout or go to school basically your wasting your life." He's not wrong about that, but just saying it straight out like that made me feel like crap, it only made it worse that he said all that stuff infront of other people as well. To think I call him my "friend."

Before both my Great-Grandma and Grandpa died I promised them that I would finish my schooling, so when I start to think about them and how I am now, I wonder if I'm letting them down. I loved them a lot, we never were really close seeing as we live states apart, but when I saw them they were some of the best times of my life and just the thought of letting them down makes me sick to my stomach and makes me hate myself a bit more everyday.

I have no social life as well, all the people I thought were my friends have pretty much wrote me off for no apparant reason. Causing me to feel extremely empty on the inside and like less of a person. I know that you don't need friends to be happy, but just the way they just up and stopped talking to me and inviting me to places just was so sudden and saddening. Take this for example, it was Memorial Day weekend, I invited my friend and his Fiancee to this party my family was having and that night UFC was on, me and my friend love UFC so I figured he would be all for it. I get a text back from him saying this his Fiancee had to work until 8 P.M. and would get back to me about it later, 9 P.M. comes rolling around and I get a message from him saying "Hey we're not gonna be able to make it, we're both worn out from today." I figure oh well these things happen, well on Facebook around the time the fights start I see a status update from his Fiancee saying that they were both at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the fights together, when I had invited them to do just that a 5 hours ago, I haven't spoken to him since.

If I had to summarize my life at this point, I would probably call it empty. I need to remedy that, but it's tough without knowing where to go from here, one of my other co-workers said he'll invite me to the next get together he throws, I know he's being kind and thoughtful, but I take that as pity I know I shouldn't but that's my personality.

On a lighter note, I've seriously considered starting to play Yu-Gi-Oh! in RL again. I used to play in RL before but I had no one to play it with and there were no locals around me at that time, now that I have a good amount of cards and have a good understanding of the game and know where my locals are it's pretty much a sure thing that I'm gonna start going, maybe that'll make me a bit happier as well, it's worth a shot at least!!

On that note, what deck should I start out with? Should I buy boxes/packs or just buy singles of cards? Anything I should know about playing the game in RL that I wouldn't know right now?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I know it's pretty depressing but I just needed to get this off my chest and just have somebody listen to me.

Edited by Newman, 17 April 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#2 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Screw those other guys, you should complete school. If you have the money and the drive, you should better yourself. The rest of them, those "friends", are just jealous because when they look at the future they only see tomorrow at the factory, whereas you're looking further ahead. Frankly, I find it admirable that you decided to not take out loans and paid for college with your own money. Try to find some scholarships, so you can conserve more funds (and, there are a LOT of scholarships out there).

As for your social life, that may be remedied if you do go to college since you'll be meeting new classmates and teachers. My suggestion: if there's a particular subject you really like in school, find other people who like that subject. A friend of mine and I have had very vigorous discussions over which world leaders in history are the best.

As for your deck, if you want something really strong and fairly cheap, Dark Worlds are your best bet, especially with TGU being reprinted. If you want something a bit more basic (considering DWs are unorthodox, compared to other decks) but still playable and cheap, Six Samurais will be a good idea once the SD comes out. If you've got a decent amount of money and are looking for something really competitive, Hieratics are my personal favorite this Format, but Inzektors are viable (though, they would require your duelist pride as payment :P).

#3 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Chaos Dragons are also fairly inexpensive, as they really do not need an Extra Deck and most of their cards are commons or Starter/Structure deck cards.

As for the people at your job, MBP pretty much hit it on the nose. There are just certain people that do not like to see people do better than them, so when they do, they have to make them feel bad to make them feel better about themselves. Don't worry about them and look into FAFSA, PEL Grants, SEOG Grants, as well as Stafford Loans (I understand the notion of not wanting to be under the thumb of a loan, but Stafford Loans are not through banks, so they are generally more manageable). Get yourself in the position that you want to be in - no one else is going to do it for you.

#4 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Screw those other guys, you should complete school. If you have the money and the drive, you should better yourself. The rest of them, those "friends", are just jealous because when they look at the future they only see tomorrow at the factory, whereas you're looking further ahead. Frankly, I find it admirable that you decided to not take out loans and paid for college with your own money. Try to find some scholarships, so you can conserve more funds (and, there are a LOT of scholarships out there).

As for your social life, that may be remedied if you do go to college since you'll be meeting new classmates and teachers. My suggestion: if there's a particular subject you really like in school, find other people who like that subject. A friend of mine and I have had very vigorous discussions over which world leaders in history are the best.

As for your deck, if you want something really strong and fairly cheap, Dark Worlds are your best bet, especially with TGU being reprinted. If you want something a bit more basic (considering DWs are unorthodox, compared to other decks) but still playable and cheap, Six Samurais will be a good idea once the SD comes out. If you've got a decent amount of money and are looking for something really competitive, Hieratics are my personal favorite this Format, but Inzektors are viable (though, they would require your duelist pride as payment :P).

I only have a few more classes then I have my Associates Degree in general studies, so that'll get me a start. I'll look into scholarships as well, thanks MBP.

Personally I love history as well, it's always been my favorite subject! Especially Ancient Egyptian History. When I went to college before I made a couple new friends but I ended up losing contact with them, all of them were busy with their lifes and I with mine. But that's a good idea as well.

Derp Worlds huh? I've actually never used those, and I do have 3 TGU sitting around lol. Six Sams I've played around with a bit, they are really fun and cause a lot of people to flip a table xD. Hieratics I have no clue how to use or even how to build them, I just never got into their playstyle, I do remember you annihilating me on DN with them, so help? Lol. I've used Inzektors on DN before and my duelist pride is very low because of them.... But damn it they are fun to use!!! So we'll see there.

Thanks for the advice MBP, I'll take all of what you said to heart and make some changes in my life.

Chaos Dragons are also fairly inexpensive, as they really do not need an Extra Deck and most of their cards are commons or Starter/Structure deck cards.

As for the people at your job, MBP pretty much hit it on the nose. There are just certain people that do not like to see people do better than them, so when they do, they have to make them feel bad to make them feel better about themselves. Don't worry about them and look into FAFSA, PEL Grants, SEOG Grants, as well as Stafford Loans (I understand the notion of not wanting to be under the thumb of a loan, but Stafford Loans are not through banks, so they are generally more manageable). Get yourself in the position that you want to be in - no one else is going to do it for you.

Chaos Dragons huh? Those do sound fun, however like Hieratics I've yet to use them this format lol. I could give them a whirl on DN to see how they play, thanks GK.

I've looked into PEL Grants and Stafford Loans but never went all with way with getting them, mostly because I was being lazy, I really need to fix that problem of mine. That final sentence from you, "Get yourself in the position that you want to be in - no one else is going to do it for you." Thats actually a very powerful statement, and makes me want to try my best to better myself, thanks GK.

Oh and I should mention that in the factory I'm working at, my Dad is one of 10 highest people there, so people are already looking at me for upper management even though I've only been working there for a year and a half. All the people in management have been pressuring me to go back as soon as possible so that way they can start training me as soon as possible, so I really shouldn't drag my feet anymore.

One more thing, you guys know I love using HEROs!! Y U no suggest Bubblebeat D:. But I'll try out the deck that ya'll posted, and see which one matches my play style. I tend to be more Control/Combo based rather than aggressive now, so decks like Inzektors seem right up my alley.

#5 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'll probably need the favor returned come winter semester when I start my studies. xP

Also, I love Heros builds, but Bubblebeat just seems iffy to me this format. It seems like a large investment in a format full of Wind-Ups, Inzektors, Night Beams, and MSTs to have to Set your whole hand. However, clearly Sho is raping faces with them right now, so maybe I am missing something. (Note: Recently, I have been playing a Fusion Gate variant. It's fun, but vulnerable to the same things.)

#6 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

If I had to summarize my life at this point, I would probably call it empty.

I know that feel... *points to tags in Ex's blog*

And yes, you really need to finish your schooling. <.<

#7 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

There's no right or wrong choices in life. You just pick a path, and make it the right path.

If you don't like what you've picked so far, then change it. If you pick something but aren't sure it's the right thing, make it the right thing instead of doubting. If people tells you off or makes you feel bad, just leave them be. And you do need friends, but not friends to hang out.

You need friends who tell you what you're doing wrong. You need friends that can stick with you on the bad times, because that's when you need them. You don't even need to see them frequently, you just need to be sure you can count on them, and do the same as well.

Things happen for a reason, and if you haven't found some good partners by now, it's because you weren't supposed to yet. You'll find some sooner or later, so just do your best everyday. We're all far away, but I'm sure everyone on XC, myself included, are backing you up.

...and run HERO builds, I just proved you can kick ass with them, so grab those Ultraman clones and go to the town! xD

#8 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'll probably need the favor returned come winter semester when I start my studies. xP

Also, I love Heros builds, but Bubblebeat just seems iffy to me this format. It seems like a large investment in a format full of Wind-Ups, Inzektors, Night Beams, and MSTs to have to Set your whole hand. However, clearly Sho is raping faces with them right now, so maybe I am missing something. (Note: Recently, I have been playing a Fusion Gate variant. It's fun, but vulnerable to the same things.)

I know that feel, bro.

HEROs can make advantage out of a bad situation that's why they are so good lol. But Inzektors and Chaos Dragons seem to be the most troublesome to me, for obvious reasons lol.

If I had to summarize my life at this point, I would probably call it empty.

I know that feel... *points to tags in Ex's blog*

And yes, you really need to finish your schooling. <.<

Yeah, I really do. I'm making a plan to talk to my advisor sometime soon to see about how many more classes I'd need to take to get my associates and then start from there. Thanks for the little push, Exarion lol.

There's no right or wrong choices in life. You just pick a path, and make it the right path.

If you don't like what you've picked so far, then change it. If you pick something but aren't sure it's the right thing, make it the right thing instead of doubting. If people tells you off or makes you feel bad, just leave them be. And you do need friends, but not friends to hang out.

You need friends who tell you what you're doing wrong. You need friends that can stick with you on the bad times, because that's when you need them. You don't even need to see them frequently, you just need to be sure you can count on them, and do the same as well.

Things happen for a reason, and if you haven't found some good partners by now, it's because you weren't supposed to yet. You'll find some sooner or later, so just do your best everyday. We're all far away, but I'm sure everyone on XC, myself included, are backing you up.

...and run HERO builds, I just proved you can kick ass with them, so grab those Ultraman clones and go to the town! xD

So much truth Sho, so much truth.

Thing is I hardly have any friends now outside of work, ever since I got the job I have now and working all those crazy hours I don't talk to any of my friends that I've known since I was young and from High School. It sucks but oh well, they'd rather be out drinking and doing stupid stuff rather than saving up money and getting ready to have a future.

I'm glad to have XC as a second family to me, I actually came here as an accident looking for tips on how to be a better deck builder. Glad I stayed xD

Oh, the first deck I build will be HEROs theres no doubt about that lol. I just have to find a few more cards and/or buy them online, but like I've told you before my locals has their tournaments on Tuesdays at 3:30 pm, which sucks since I get off work at 4:30 pm if I'm lucky. So trying to play in RL is kinda tough unless I find another locals close to me that has it on the weekends or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for a blog post, I was gonna do it last night but I ended up passing out after drinking with my neighbors.

So work has been ok lately, my boss has been kind of a dick though but then again hes a boss so he has to be. Every month that goes by we get even busier which is a good situation to be in, but numerous other problems seem to pop up at the same time so that makes my work life crazy.

Also at work we have this one female engineer from Japan that came overseas to work here for about 6 months I believe, well on Saturday she came in to work with casual clothes on, and she looked sooooo cute, I wanted to give her a hug. But to prevent weirdness and other things I didn't, she's really cute though she reminds me of Rukia from Bleach, shes actually as short as Rukia as well, I haven't even talked to her yet but from what I've been told she speaks very broken English plus mix that with the fact that in a month she goes back to Japan, so I think I'll just leave that one alone.

Just today my family and I went out to eat, it was 4 of us and we ate at this western style restaurant and I picked up the bill, when I went to look at the total I could only shake my head. $106.33... For 4 people!!! WTF man? Granted I don't eat out much so I'm not sure if that's pretty standard, but it seemed like a lot to me. But when we were there they had these Potato Wedges as an appetizer that were wrapped in bacon.... Obviously we got them, and they were good. Then I got a steak that was stuffed with cheese and bacon, then for desert we went to Burger King and got that new Bacon Sundae, it was alright, kinda different. It was like once the ice cream melted in your mouth you start to chew on the bacon and your like "Eh, that's a different type of taste." I'll never get it again, but it was nice to try. That being said I think I'm gonna stay away from bacon for at least 2 weeks.

To summarize:
  • Work sucks
  • Female Engineer = Moe~~~
  • Eating out is expensive
  • Bacon overload
Also I went through my cards and found a ton of stuff I forgot I had, like 2 TKRO's, 1 Veiler and I found 2 Gravekeepers Recruiter. When I saw them I instantly became sad as to what happened to Sho at WCQ, I was gonna rip them up.... But my love of Ancient Egyptian stuff moved my hands and slapped me in the face instead. It hurt.

#9 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

I appreciate the feeling xD

Also, that is a damn lot for a meal o_O You can have a very good meal for like $50, for 4 people. It depends on the place, but over $100 is overkill.

You need moar bacon. No exceptions. No buts.

MOAR

BACON

#10 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Get her drunk dude. I don't think I have to say much more :x

#11 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Don't rip the Recruiters, yo. My stepbrother needs em! xD

Also, grats on the cute Japanese engineer. Even if you don't intend on pursuing any sort of relationship, eye candy is always good for morale.

I'm extremely uptight about bills. The other day, we went to Pizzeria Uno's and the bill (for 7 people) was about $137 and I couldn't figure out whose meal was so expensive!

Oh, something I've recently found to be useful, concerning your deckbuilding: Don't cheap out and buy commons of anything (unless it's only available as a common). Shiny stuff is not only better looking and gives a sense of pride in your cards, but fellow players at your locals won't think noobishly of you.

#12 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Well, foil isn't everything.

As a general rule of thumb, if you're starting out, then get everything you need in the lowest and cheapest rarity possible. Since you're trying to complete your deck, quantity > shininess. Once you have completed at least 1 Deck with all the necessary stuff, then start to get foils of your cards.

Also, some stuff like Compulsory or BTH are kind of expensive as foils (stupid SR Compulsory and SR BTH... Even the Gold BTH seems to be worth a bit more than it should), so be prepared for that once you start to get foils xD

#13 Flame Effigy Oldies Hot Fisting Action 1313 posts 0.00 XCB

Flame Effigy
  • Interests:Selling Bridges

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

It's also sometimes good to get staples at low rarity because you can get multiple copies easier for multiple decks.

Don't focus on being a rarity whore until you have your whole deck, then slowly upgrade it when able.
This way if you don't like the playstyle of your deck you don't go "Welp, this was a giant waste of time."

#14 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

That moment when you realize Newman has changed his title xD

#15 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

....I hadn't noticed that xDDDDDDD

That was a joke Newman, you can keep the title! x'D

#16 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Are there at least some greetings?
A primal interaction makes one feel good already.
You probably won't be able to hug her, but a small thing like lending something she needs is enough for that minimal nearness. (:

#17 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Get her drunk dude. I don't think I have to say much more :x

I expected Lancer to say something like this xD

Don't rip the Recruiters, yo. My stepbrother needs em! xD

Also, grats on the cute Japanese engineer. Even if you don't intend on pursuing any sort of relationship, eye candy is always good for morale.

I'm extremely uptight about bills. The other day, we went to Pizzeria Uno's and the bill (for 7 people) was about $137 and I couldn't figure out whose meal was so expensive!

Oh, something I've recently found to be useful, concerning your deckbuilding: Don't cheap out and buy commons of anything (unless it's only available as a common). Shiny stuff is not only better looking and gives a sense of pride in your cards, but fellow players at your locals won't think noobishly of you.

Well, foil isn't everything.

As a general rule of thumb, if you're starting out, then get everything you need in the lowest and cheapest rarity possible. Since you're trying to complete your deck, quantity > shininess. Once you have completed at least 1 Deck with all the necessary stuff, then start to get foils of your cards.

Also, some stuff like Compulsory or BTH are kind of expensive as foils (stupid SR Compulsory and SR BTH... Even the Gold BTH seems to be worth a bit more than it should), so be prepared for that once you start to get foils xD

It's also sometimes good to get staples at low rarity because you can get multiple copies easier for multiple decks.

Don't focus on being a rarity whore until you have your whole deck, then slowly upgrade it when able.
This way if you don't like the playstyle of your deck you don't go "Welp, this was a giant waste of time."

That is some helpful info to know, I know I want Super Alius' if I can get them but I'll probably get Secrets lol. Also Gravekeepers are still one of my favorite decks, so I couldn't rip Recruiter if I wanted to... Besides if I did destroy it, I'd just get another one from my deck. (lame joke)

That moment when you realize Newman has changed his title xD

....I hadn't noticed that xDDDDDDD

That was a joke Newman, you can keep the title! x'D

No, No. Sho is clearly the rightful owner of that title until I win it back..... Some how........

Are there at least some greetings?
A primal interaction makes one feel good already.
You probably won't be able to hug her, but a small thing like lending something she needs is enough for that minimal nearness. (:

Eh, I've talked to her a few times. Nothing special just "hi" and "how are you doing?" Stuff like that, I hardly see her anyways shes always upstairs at her desk lol. But still like MBP said, she is nice eye candy.

#18 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Just stare.

#19 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

That is some helpful info to know, I know I want Super Alius' if I can get them but I'll probably get Secrets lol. Also Gravekeepers are still one of my favorite decks, so I couldn't rip Recruiter if I wanted to... Besides if I did destroy it, I'd just get another one from my deck. (lame joke)

Get the Secret Rares. He looks nice as ScR and, on Amazon at least, he's only slightly more expensive. For the love of Ra, don't get Ulti Rare ones though. I had one and it looked terrible; though, to be fair, most cards don't look very good as Ultis.

#20 Flame Effigy Oldies Hot Fisting Action 1313 posts 0.00 XCB

Flame Effigy
  • Interests:Selling Bridges

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Get the Secret Rares. He looks nice as ScR and, on Amazon at least, he's only slightly more expensive. For the love of Ra, don't get Ulti Rare ones though. I had one and it looked terrible; though, to be fair, most cards don't look very good as Ultis.

I look good as an Ulti.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users