Photo
- - - - - 31 replies to this topic

Eric's Blog Of Gaming

Blog, Eric

• Please log in to reply

#21 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Although I've never played Earthbound, I'd like to... hope we get something soon. Also, Xenoblade will defenetly be in the next Smash.

On a Runescape related note... (Username EricXC)

-More Squeal stuff... of course making the game easier.
-Made Runecrafting alot more tollerable, fun stuff.
-Looks like a boring week according to their behind the scenes.

#22 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Haven't played RuneScape in... ages. But, not many interesting games seem to be coming out. Who knows, maybe I'll create a new account and start fresh? I'd just mine and stuff.. Or I could use my old account and level that up.

#23 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Eric, what if I could manage you to play WoW?

#24 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

You know what, Wow Really dosn't interest me... I find thier quests to be a big freaking grind. Whenever I tell someone, they are like "Oh you have to be level 80 before you can get to the good part".

The thing is, you have to go through all that other shit and it kinda turns me off. Its fun for like, the first few levels... then it drags on like hell.

I'm basically still with Runescape because I like seing how the game changes and evolves. Back when I started, it used these old pixilated sprites and you had to stay in battle three turns. Now they add new gameplay elements, a few fun quests that keep me entertained... and generally just chat in the game as well.

If you make a new account, I'm told you get 2 free weeks of Membership... so it's probably worth checking out. Alot of the bots are gone (still there, just not as HUGE as numbers as before) and the game has been made very easy for begginers.

#25 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I went for the free trial to a certain level on WoW. If it were free with no level cap, just a restriction on more items and features unless you member up, I'd of played it more. As it was, I played to about a level away from the free cap, said "Not for me, thank you", and deleted it all.

I do think eventually WoW will HAVE to be free in that aspect, with Tablet and Iphone games catching up, along with Facebook Apps, and other real games (LoL for one). Top games tend to be Free, or a rather cheap one time buy of 99 cents.

And sadly, WoW isnt the only franchise that has to look at this. The entire foundation of console gameing has to look at this trend too. I think Penny Arcade said it best when it pointed out "Ok fine, you can buy 1 console game for 60 bucks, and I'll buy 60 games for my Iphone and we'll see who has more fun".

Now, logically, I know games for a console can't be as cheap as most Iphone or tablet games. But, perhaps the focus needs to shift from power in gameing, to quality in gameing. But, then again, if we drop quality (or at least power wise) lower than tablet and iphone, we lose there too. So, its going to be interesting to see how Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo fight this. If anyone can beat it, I know Nintendo can. Yeah, its been a shakey year for them, but their Nintendo, they're the kings of video gaming, but not economic crash proof. Less money for consumers = poor sales. Eventually, they'll fix it with correct supply to meet demand, and not lose so much. Of course, that could be bad news for WiiU, seeing as how it could likely face either a poor debut sale, or not make enough units to meet demand.

Of course, it all relies on the launch titles and the price they keep refusing to release. Which bugs me. Its comeing out THIS year. I would like to know how much I need to save up for it....

#26 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

Alot of current top games are indeed cheap, but by no means free. In your scenario, I'd rather pay 60 for a game thats worth it than buy 60 iSO games (iphone/ipad/mobile).

I have about... 50 free games on my ipad, and alot of the games require you to either make additional purchaes to unlock the whole game (Fruit Ninja for example), or are so based on microtransactions they spam it in your face every couple of minuites. With some games it isn't too bad and will only show you once per startup, but others basically try to trick you into buying something. Also, the quality of alot of their games are really bad (or not ment to support certain systems). I recently bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 thinking it was gonna at least be decent... it's slow, crashy, and not what I expected... guess I have to wait till it gets updated.

As much as I tried to like LoL, I can't really enjoy it due to the fact that you have to dedicate at least 30 min into a game, and if you leave at any time, you basically lost. Kinda my bummer with WoW and raiding too (and mainly all the drama that goes into EVERY RAID). Man... in WoW if you're new, they will curse you out for the most part, it's like everyone there is on their 10th account and you can't say or do anything without it being wrong.

Also according to an random ad by Wal Mart it's going to be $350... which is fine imo... although a little too high and probably won't get at launch... unless a really good game comes out.

#27 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Truth be told though, you need friends if you want to last in WoW. The game isn't fun without them, that's why I'm still playing. Honestly, I find questing to be enjoyable, mainly cause I always learn something new each time. That's just me though. However, questing now then back during the other expacs is a lot different every since they revamped 1-60. Past that it still sucks.

I dunno, I just can't play runescape anymore, not since I gave my account I bought back in the day to a friend and the original owner took it back for whatever dumb reason.

#28 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Yea... thats why you don't buy accounts. It's usually a scam, as the owner can just recover the accounts. Unless it had max stats, you were probably better off just starting a new account. Completing a few tasks and a few quests gives you all you need.

Also yea I played WoW by myself... but i generally play Runescape by myself as well. DCUO is good but you are always basically ina group. Aion is a grind... and this is from a guy that plays Runescape >_>.

#29 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

I really hate games that require me to actually have friends. I the kind of guy who prefered to just buy a 2nd Gameboy and the opposite copy of Pokemon when it first came out (Pokemon Red was the one I got). And to this day, I still do. I just think its easier than actually trying to find people to trade with, and figureing out the whole friendcode nonsense.

#30 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

So, been playing Runescape, and in all my years of playing I've never thought I would say this...

I FINALLY HAVE ALL SKILLS 99 (and Dungeoneering 120!) So I have effectivly beaten the game. Hmm, what to do now?

-----------

In other news: The Wii U dosn't seem to be getting any love, wonder if that will be transfering to other systems. As big of a Nintendo fan that I am, I know I'll be getting it launch day (unless its super expensive... $450+ is probably a no buy).

Also ended up playing NBA Jam a few days ago... man that game is still fun on the SNES.

#31 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Issue with the Wii U and likely the subpar (or very constrained) buzz, is frankly... we know nothing about it. At least, nothing important about it as a sell point. I'll list what I DO know about it, and you can add, but at the moment this is really all thats known of it.

1) It will no support backwards compatibility with Gamecube (another reason I'll still get life out of my Wii)
2) It has a tablet like controller that can give different angles to game play. (Not really able to name alot of Nintendo franchise games I see this being useful with).
3) The game itself can move from TV to the Tablet thing (This, I can see a use for really).
4) It comes out around November of this year.
5) Some games that MIGHT be on it that aren't Nintendo exclusive franchises are Aliens Colonial Marines and a Ninja Gaiden title. Sadly, unless Ninja Gaiden is an exclusive at first, I likely will play both games on 360.
6) It will have full online play support for games finally.

Now, here's what we NEED to know, but do not as of yet.

1) Launch title line up. (Like the 3DS has proven, this is CRITICAL. This can make or break your fiscal year and your ability to extend launch price on the console).
2) Price (There are rumors of the price sitting around $250. Issue being, Nintendo already said it WON'T reveal the price a E3, so when the heck will we learn it for sure?)
3) Price of games. (This too can be key. We already kinda have gotten used to 50-60 for a game. Nintendo has been good about keeping it in the 40-50 range though. And with them being the FIRST out the gate for the next gen, they can really set the pace. The Wii's ability to close the gap between it and the 360 for awhile, and blow the PS3 away was even though 360 launched first, the Wii and its games were more affordable. If they can debut low, it really sets the pace and bar for Microsoft and Sony... though knowing Sony, they'll still over price things and hope for the best).
4) The core system specs (Ok, not really my thing, nor do I care, but alot of people are going to expect this to out perform the 360 and PS3 both in all areas. Meaning its gotta be powerful, crisp graphics, higher processing power, smooth clean frame rates.)
5) Will the sensor bar return? (Since I DO believe it can play Wii games, I have to imagine motion control will be required. Is the sensor built in, and will Wii U still be motion control? If so, there definatly needs to be a new controller, because swinging that tablet around looks... stupid).

#32 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

1. Everyone saw that comming tbh, not that big of a deal.
2. This will be interesting to say the least. I really want to see what they can do with tis.
3. I can see a use for this, but tbh... not that interested in it.
4. Yes, November is the most probable date.
5. I don't think they will be exclusive.
6. Yea, they have their Nintendo Network that they are pushing.

---------

1. Yes, we do need at least 1 or 2 key launch titles, that I do agree with.
2. Price around $250... I doubt it. $300 at a minimum. This might be the first system Nintendo will sell at a loss IMO.
3. Price of all next gen games seems to follow a trend of +$10, so $60?
4. I don't care what anyone says, this dosn't matter. Some people get too technical with all the specs...
5. More than likely, yes to be backwards compatible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog, Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users