Photo
- - - - - 31 replies to this topic

Eric's Blog Of Gaming

Blog, Eric

• Please log in to reply

#1 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Because nothing exiting ever happens outside, and if it does it is usually drama.

Mainly making this blog to write about things I read, shows or games, discounts, etc. This is just a placeholder if anything, but if you have a question feel free to ask.

Of course, here's just a little info.

-Likes Nintendo games
-Plays Runescape
-Dosn't get League of Legends
-Dosn't judge a game before he plays it (or a Show before I've watched it in general)
-Has been in XC since before the dawn of dinosaurs.
-Have seen a live dinosaur in my dreams.

#2 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Did you jump on its back and make it swallow your enemies whole, only to poop them out in Egg form, despite it being a male dinosaur?

#3 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

No, I stomped on it's head once, and then it looked all smoshed so I put it out of its misery and stomped on it again.

#4 Sun Ancient One Pirate 2430 posts 126.00 XCB

Sun
  • Interests:Cake

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Wow nintendo and runescape woW
This worthless post should be deleted. wow.

#5 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Sun should be deleted.

And what happens when Nintendo sinks?

#6 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3754 posts 21.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Wow nintendo and runescape woW
This worthless post should be deleted. wow.

^This worthless post should be deleted, and the writer found and shot.

Eric is awesome.

Curb stomps dinosaurs in his sleep and doesn't afraid of anything.

#7 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

If Nintendo ever sinks... I'll have to go with Sony because it houses the least shooters of the two.

Also if I'm going to be spending money on systems that generally offer the same thing, I might as well go with the side that has some creative games and better graphics.

I really doubt Nintendo will sink though, and if they do it won't be for another few years (5+ or at least the lifespan of the WiiU).

#8 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Honestly, I think the following of the Nintendo-exclusive games (Zelda and Mario come to mind immediately) is so massive that as long as Nintendo keeps releasing those titles, they'll survive.

Although I do believe that the Wii in and of itself was a failure.

#9 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

The Wii was in no way a failure (unless you talk about appealing to the "gamer" audience... and then that is meh).

Only real failure I can think of was Wii Music (An absolute HORRIBLE game). But in general, there are some games that were clearly ment to be played more with other people (Wii Sports/Mario Party) and then single player games (Zelda/Mario/Metroid series).

Makes me wonder if Sony All Stars Battle Royale will do as good as Smash due to just character recognition alone... or if its going to be another Soul Caliber 2 type thing.

#10 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I think the 3DS as more of a failure than the Wii. The Wii was fun for the first year or two it was out, then it lost it's appeal. The whole motion control thing was genius, but since the Wii targeted the casual crowd, other companies (Sony and M$) took it upon themselves to basically copy it in some way, shape, or form. To each of his own.

WiiU, well I don't know much about it yet to give it a look. But they're making Pikmin! Absolutely loved Pikmin on the Gamecube.

#11 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

The Wii had a real strong opening, and the whole drop off in sales was really do in part to a combination of everyone already having one, along with the weak line up its had since launch (I mean, beyond Skyward Sword, what has Wii REALLY gotten in the past couple of years?). Well, when was Super Mario Bros. Wii made?

The 3DS is too young to be considered a failure. Why? Because it hasn't gotten its exclusive Pokemon title yet. If it can't sell once it gets that, THEN we can call it a failure. Its horrible start, was frankly, due to a terrible launch line up. We didn't even get a single title worth buying till months after the release. Wii had Zelda right off the bat, and that helped sell Wii units (despite it also being for Gamecube). Sadly, with us already getting a Zelda title recently, the odds of getting a title at WiiU launch is slim, but Mario is always hanging around, ready to jump when Nintendo says. And say what you want, the Mario titles are solid (Though, did prefer Galaxy over the classic side scroller). Perhaps a new Donkey Kong where they get it RIGHT! (Kremlings or get out!).

From the game play footage of All Stars, it does look like a pretty sure Smash Bros. rip off. I know one thing though, no Crash Bandicoot, no care.

#12 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Pikmin for the WiiU and 3DS

Same for the next Smash game. I've never played a pikmin game yet... still need to go pick one up.

And yea, the 3DS did have a slow start... with the lack of games and all. Kid Icarus Uprising is quite possibly the best handheld game out there ATM (The top spot for me belonged to The World Ends With You, ironically 2 games with "akward" controlls). Lets see... Mario Kart 7 was meh (Although I think I'm just getting tired of the series) and Super Mario Land 3D was great, but once you beat it a few times, the replay kinda goes down. Kid Icarus replay value seems so high to me.

3DS is picking up, and hopefully it keeps its pace. Although Mario Tennis does not interest me, nore Kingdom Hearts (Not a fan of that series on handhelds), I am looking forward to Animal Crossing (Had SO MUCH FUN on Gamecube... kinda skipped the DS), Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter (hopefully it comes out here), and Paper Mario.

-----

After Red posted:

Once Pokemon 3DS hits... yea all hell will break lose on the 3DS. My hope for a pokemon game, although I'm sure alot of people will disagree) is make it NOT backwards compatible and revamp the system one more time so the following are no longer true:

-Please stop making Ditto a whore.
-Hopefully get rid of IV's
-Get rid of backwards compatibility so we can at least have a year or 2 without hackedmons
-Please for the love of god, make all pokemon obtainable in game... I'm almost 100% sure that you can't legitimatly get a 100% dex for Black/White since there is no way to obtain Genosect or that other song pokemon. Even if the way to unlock that pokemon is "Defeat 100 trainers in a row" or "level up 50 pokemon to level 100" just let them be obtainable somehow

And yea, Sony All Stars is most likely a smash rip off, you can only hope they add SOMETHING to innovate so we can use it for Smash :)

#13 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I am really interested to see the new Smash Bros lineup. I say the huge shitstorm after Sonic and Snake were revealed, though I enjoyed Brawl for the time that I had it. Melee still holds a place in my heart, and I actually enjoyed it more. Very fast pace unlike brawl where it was a bit slower.

#14 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I actually enjoyed Brawl more than Melee (Before some random kid broke my copy >:c). Well at least I can still play Brawl.

Also, i'm more exited myself in finding out the roster for the next Smash than for All Stars... probably because there are more known characters in Smash than Sony.

Also if I had to bet anything, 3rd party wise

Nintendo would most likely be able to get
Megaman

Sony:
Ryu

And Sony would most likely have the hardest trouble getting 3rd party support, most likely because I see sony's game having a ton of more 3rd party support, and the third party companies won't want certain matchups to happen... like Ryu from Street Fighter (Capcom) vs Scorpion from MK (Midway?).

#15 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Well, so far from the fast paced things I've seen, three of the current ones look to be Sweettooth from Twisted Metal, Solid Snake, and Fat Princess (Who looks like she battles ALOT like Princess Zelda).

As for the next Pokemon games, to add onto the list a bit...

1) More legitimate access to Master Ball. I mean, I say like once you defeat the Elite 4 10-20 Times, they should be unlocked for sale in the Pokemart. One kinda made sense back in the original (because really, you only had to worry about Mewtwo KILLING you before you caught him). Then, each game they've introduced multiple runners. I don't mind a challenge, but I have yet to find a runner... worth catching beyond just to catch em all.
2) Make "Cathing them all" actually MEAN something. Enough of this derpy a-hole saying congrats. If we can't get a non-backwards compatible version, then at LEAST give us like an item we can trade back to unlock an old legendary or something. Or just give us Mew.
3) 4th Stage Evolutions. We are about due for pokemon to have more than just 2-3 points of Evolution, and new ways to evolve them don't count!
4) Starters that aren't Water,Fire, Grass.

#16 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Sun should be deleted.

I lol'd. A lot.

Sony has too many shooter games. They may as well just make it a shooter game. Give Crash Bandicoot and Rayman a gun, get Spyro to kill people with fire and err, yeah. Just give everyone a gun. Hell, even the cars in Twisted Metal have guns on them.

Also, for the next Super Smash Bros, I say they should have minimal characters and better modes to play on. My list would be:

Spoiler

Enough with that damn Young/Toon Link crap. And is R.O.B. even necessary?

Also, Bomberman should be an Assist Trophy.

Edited by Jesse, 01 May 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#17 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

1) More legitimate access to Master Ball. I mean, I say like once you defeat the Elite 4 10-20 Times, they should be unlocked for sale in the Pokemart. One kinda made sense back in the original (because really, you only had to worry about Mewtwo KILLING you before you caught him). Then, each game they've introduced multiple runners. I don't mind a challenge, but I have yet to find a runner... worth catching beyond just to catch em all.
2) Make "Cathing them all" actually MEAN something. Enough of this derpy a-hole saying congrats. If we can't get a non-backwards compatible version, then at LEAST give us like an item we can trade back to unlock an old legendary or something. Or just give us Mew.
3) 4th Stage Evolutions. We are about due for pokemon to have more than just 2-3 points of Evolution, and new ways to evolve them don't count!
4) Starters that aren't Water,Fire, Grass.

1. Eh, Master balls are nice to have, but not needed too much. There are only a total of 8 pokemon that are a real pain to catch. (Aka, the ones that flee)
2. Lets just make catching them all possible first >_>. If you have to give us Mew we really didn't catch them all then.
3. 4th evolutions... lets work on powering up some of the more useless pokes with a 3rd evolution (aka, most water types named Luvdisk)
4. Would be nice, but I think thats just to establish the basics of the game. They try to make it so that people new to the series will know how the game mechanic works.

Also, Smash draws out from lesser known characters. I'd say Brawl is to thank for the rearrival of Kid Icarus (The best damn Handheld game ever). I'd like to see what other obscure characters Nintendo can throw and recreate into a new game (here's hoping for the best Ice Climbers).

#18 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Starters should always be Fire, Water, Grass to be honest. It's the secondary types (that Gen IV completely nailed) that should be changing. Empoleon and Torterra were both new, and made every move 1x powerful to eachother, which was interesting.

Gen VI, if there will be one, should be something like..

Grass / Fighting
Fire / Dark
Water / Psychic

Grass is super-effective to Water and Fighting is super-effective to Dark. So Grass can take on both.
Fire is super-effective to Grass and Dark is super-effective to Psychic. So Fire can take on both.
Water is super-effective to Fire and Psychic is super-effective to Fighting. So Water can take on both.

That's really how it should be. And no more of that Fire/Fighting crap, seriously.
Legendaries should - at least for one generation - go back to Ice, Fire, Electric. Maybe they could be Dinosaurs or something.
I swear I should join the Pokémon team. They don't know what they're doing any more.

Edited by Jesse, 01 May 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#19 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Annoyingly, while Smash Bros HAS revived some of the older guys, one of the guys from GAME ONE, while it WAS based on a SNES game, Nintendo refuses to accept that YES, Earthbound (or Mother) games WILL sell in in America.

I would of pre-ordered and bought day one the release of Earthbound and Earthbound Zero on GBA. We never got it.

I would of killed to get Mother 3 (not sure WHAT it would of been called here, likely Earthbound 2), and sadly we didn't get that EITHER!

It was a sleeper hit, mostly because Nintendo just kinda threw Earthbound into retail, without even really advertising it, or explaining what the heck it was. It was, infact, the first game I ever bought flat out on my own. True, because the price was right. But my god... I didn't really GET RPG's around then, but by God, that game made me fall in love with the Genre, which opened the way for Pokemon, revisists to Final Fantasy, Super Mario RPG (also golden), Dragon Quest, Grandia, and tons of other games in the RPG realm I am to this day, glad I played.

SO GET OFF YOUR REARS AND GIVE US THE ENTIRE EARTHBOUND LINE UP NINTENDO! Even risk free now to just put them up on the DL titles you have. I mean, I still have my SNES copy of Earthbound, but I'd totally download the NES game and GBA Game. Or both GBA collections.

#20 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

SO GET OFF YOUR REARS AND GIVE US THE ENTIRE EARTHBOUND LINE UP NINTENDO!

This so hard.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog, Eric

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users