Photo
- - - - - 56 replies to this topic

Clustering Wishes

Have you ever wondered...?, YGO and 1 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Have you ever wondered how such beautiful creatures were born...?

Several years into the future, a grand battle took place. A war that repeats itself after thousands of years, over and over again. But we're not talking about the tales of the Nameless Pharaoh, nor the phenomena occurring into outer-space.

No, this time it's about the creatures sleeping deep into the lines of Nazca. They're too powerful to be completely destroyed, so the only option remaining is to seal them. Sadly, like curses, seals won't last forever. They will always break at some point. But there's another "law".

Balance.

There's no evil that is too strong to be contained, nor goodness too perfect to avoid being tainted by evil. These forces are always in conflict, over and over again. So, if a strong evil exists, an equally strong form of "justice" will exist as well.

The devilish deities sealed on the lines have their nemesis as result of this: a group of Dragons, serving the protector God of these lands. With the aid of exceptional humans, these mystical creatures have been victorious over and over again. But in the end, they only can seal them again, so they have to be always on guard.

The wheels of fate started turning again, and the mythical battle will take place once again, perhaps in a well-known city. But the Crimson Dragon already took its measures. He decided it's time. Time for his servants to wake up once again.

This is not the tale of the legendary protectors of humanity, the Signers. This is the story of the Dragons. Preparing themselves to save mankind again, they were born on this era.

~ Index ~

Prologue - Dreams of The Creator

Chapter 1 - White Frame

Chapter 2 - Reunion

Chapter 3 - The Beginning of the Symphony

Chapter 4 - In Progress!

"AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHH!! ...hah, hah..."

It was sudden. Like if a thousand volts had coursed through his body, the old man wakes up. Sweating and breathing irregularly, the man smiles. A smile of joy, excitement and motivation. Pegasus J. Crawford hasn't experienced this kind of feeling since he created the three Phantom Gods, several years ago.

"Pegasus, Sir!!" yells a man in suit, entering the room abruptly. "We heard you scream loudly, are you okay?" he asks worried.

"Don't be silly boy, the life in me won't leave so soon!" answers the long-haired individual. "I had a dream, that's all."

"A dream...?" asks the suit guy, confused.

"Mhmmm. A beautiful dream, filled of terror and premonitions. It has been ages since I saw one of those!" replies Pegasus. "Even if I don't have the Millenium Eye anymore, visions still come to me." he ponders. After that, he lets out a loud laugh. "It seems my role isn't over yet!"

"Sir, you should take it easy" replies Pegasus' servant, concerned. "I'm sorry to have to say it, but your age..."

"Don't be so pessimistic!" he answers energetically, just to take a serious tone seconds later. "You don't have to remind me of that... I don't have much time left, I'm aware of that".

Taking a deep breath, the man with white hair continues his talk. "Can you bring me my design tools?"

"But sir...!"

"Hush, you. I will take it easy and will have Hayato help me". Pegasus then smiles. "Think of it as my last gift to the children of this world. My time is over, but I can only hope that when the time comes, they can use this gift to help that Dragon to fulfill its duty..."

Pegasus, convinced to make this project a success, devoted the rest of his life to the completion of this mission. With the help of those Duelists he once confronted, he traveled to far away places, enduring the toll that his body was taking on him.

Several years of hard work were required, but in the end, Pegasus eventually collapsed. He managed to finish his work, but it took him all he had left. Bedridden, waiting only for his last breath to come, he smiles. A smile of satisfaction, for yet another well-done work. As expected from the founder of Industrial Illusions.

But then the time came. He had no more strength left. Surrounded by his loyal servants, past enemies that became friends and allies and his successor, he uttered his last words.

"Take care of my children... Both my creations and the ones which keep them alive, take care of all them..."

Then he drew his last breath.

"Cyndia..."

~ Prologue - Dreams of The Creator ~

END

Continues on Chapter 1.

Sorry this one is so short. Did I leave you intrigued? I hope so!

Chapter 1 is to be posted today, so stay tuned! Meanwhile, leave all kinds of randomness below.

Edited by Sho Shinjo, 05 May 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#2 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

A fitting end to the man known as Pegasus, definitely can't wait for the next part. Well done Sho!

#3 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

I don't know why, but I'm just now finding out that Pegasus was only 24 at Duelist Kingdom according to the manga. Though, in that same manga he died at the end of DK...

#4 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Looks good. Interesting concept you've got here. How exactly will this work? Will it show how the Signer Dragons split up and, ultimately, reached their locations at the beginning of 5D's?

#5 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image

(Yes, you got me hooked already xD)

Edited by Gunnybear, 19 February 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#6 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Important Notes!
Spoiler

Now enjoy!

"Hey, did you hear? They're hosting a White Tournament here soon!"

"Seriously?! Whoa, I didn't know at all!! Can we already register?!"

The small town is filled with excitement. It's been a long time since an official Duel Monsters event has been held, but it's even more rare that they've been chosen as a location for a "White Tournament". The organizers are way busier than they've been in years, and everyone seems to be bustling with energy.

Walking through the seas of flustered people, a student walks back home, confused. Black and short hair, unusual blue eyes, a bit taller than the usual, somewhat slender and with a face of disinterest, it seems he's not aware of the big event to be celebrated. He gets past the crowd and arrives at his local Card Shop. The owner, a beautiful red-headed lady on her late thirties is restocking the store with the help of her workers. She notices the presence of the boy while adjusting her glasses and hurries to greet him.

"Oh, Shin-chan! How's it going?" says she while smiling. "If you want to buy something, wait until we have finished restocking."

"Ah, no, I just came to say hi", the boy answers. Shinkurou Kimura, or "Shin-chan" as the lady called him. He has been a regular of this shop for several years, so he's on friendly terms with the shop owner. He would come to say hi even if he didn't want to buy anything.

Amazed at the large stock of Cards, sleeves and other Duel Monsters goods, he feels the need to ask. "But Kanako-san, this is way too much. Are you gonna be able to sell it all?"

Confused with the comment, she takes a moment to think, then gives a deep sigh and looks the boy with amazement. "Shin-chan, don't tell me you don't know about the White Tournament."

The awkward minute of silence is the only answer she needs. Disappointed, Kanako proceeds to scold her client. "Shin-chan, you should stop being so absent-minded! This is the biggest event we've ever had, and you don't know about it?"

"Well, I had exams last week, and you know I don't watch the news" he answers with an emotionless face. "A big event huh. So that's why the streets are so jammed with people."

The woman sighs again. She can't believe this guy, even though he's basically one of her best customers. "Listen Shin-chan, if you wanna get better at Duel Monsters, you have to be updated on big events like this. Going to important tournaments will do wonders for your skills!"

"Well, that's why I'll enroll on the Duel Academia this summer, isn't it? To gain experience and become a better Duelist"

"I know that, but it wouldn't hurt to get a bit of experience like this!", she says with enthusiasm.

"To think even Kanako-san is excited, this must be really important. Tell me, what's this "White Tournament" you speak about?" he asks, curious about what's happening.

"Okay, I'll explain, so listen very well!" says the shop owner, ready to go. "You know about Pegasus J. Crawford right?"

"Pegasus? Who doesn't know about Pegasus? He created Duel Monsters after all" the guy answers. It's common knowledge that Pegasus created what is possibly the biggest game in history. From children's games to politics, to friendly reunions to fierce tournaments, Duel Monsters are everywhere at this point. You can even go to an Academy specifically designed to make you a better Duelist, and you can even make a living of it on the Pro-League.

"Mhm. Well, as you should know already, he passed away a long time ago, but there were several things that were left after his death. The "White Frames" were one of them."

"White Frames? Never heard of them."

"They were a pretty well-hidden secret until not long ago, so that's not a surprise. The White Frames are exactly that: cards with a white frame. They have no icons, text or even a picture, just the card frame."

"Huh? What's the point of those cards then?", the boy asks, confused.

"Nobody knows yet. It seems that Pegasus left them to be handed to the best Duelists in the world, but nobody has been able to figure out their purpose. Still, the White Frames are considered one of the rarest trophies, so they're very valuable. I once heard they sold one for millions of dollars!!", exclaims Kanako with enthisuasm.

"Whoa... That sounds like really serious business... But then, why they chose this town for an event that important? I mean, we're in the middle of nowhere" he says, and he is right. Fujima City is just a small place in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing famous around, nor anything that makes the city different than any other.

"That's exactly why everyone is excited!" responds a happy Kanako. "Usually, they select cities with talented duelists for these events. Holding one here means they recognized the potential of our children! And more importantly, it means that people from everywhere will come, so my sales will be boosted a lot!!". She dances in joy, to the amusement of the boy in front of her. "It can be your great chance Shin-chan, your chance to aim at the Pro-League!"

Smiling sadly with a deep sigh, the boy answers. "Kanako-san, I've told you this before, but I don't have any interest on the Pro-League. I just..."

Kanako interrupts him, shutting his mouth with her fingertip. "I've heard that before young man, but you can't fool my eyes. You never take part into our local tournaments, but I'm well aware of your skills. I'm pretty sure you can beat the whole town if you really tried".

The boy steps back, embarrassed both at the compliments and Kanako's gesture. She's older and already married, but she's still one of the most beautiful women he has ever seen. "T-that's not true, I'm not that good..."

Enjoying the reaction, she continues to compliment him. "You're underestimating your own abilities. You'll never reach your goals that way."

Regaining his composure, he can only look down. "I know, but still..."

The owner sighs again and decides to reveal her trump card. "So you say you're not interested no matter what, even if the prize also includes a pass to the Academia".

The very word makes his eyes glitter. All the enthusiasm he didn't have suddenly comes out. "Eh?! W-what are you talking about?!"

Kanako only giggles at his reaction. For several years, she has enjoyed teasing him, and this time is no exception. "Oh, didn't I mention it before? ...well, I suppose it's still a secret, but I already let it out. You know Shin-chan, the staff from Industrial Illusions told us that the winner of the tournament not only would get a White Frame, but would also get admitted to the Duel Academia, or the Pro-League if the winner was old enough. Aren't that good news?" she says with a smile.

...and the boy cannot hide his excitement. These are awesome news for him. "Are you sure about that?! No mistakes here?!"

Kanako winks at him. "Have I ever lied to you regarding the important stuff? That's why I want you to participate, this is your biggest chance!"

The boy nods energetically, then starts to worry. "But... Are you sure you should be telling me this? Is still a secret, isn't it? And I'm not sure I..."

She interrupts him again in the same way as before, but has a serious face this time. "Shinkurou. I know you can do it. Also, they are waiting, aren't they? She, and your partner as well."

Her words surprise him to no end. "Kanako-san, how do you know about...?"

Taking off her glasses, the "air" around her changes totally. A penetrating stare, it seems she can see it all, even those things you aren't aware of yourself. "Haven't I told you? You can't fool my eyes Shin-chan."

"Is that so...?", echoes a voice. "So you knew all along...", it says while laughing discretely.

Kanako only smiles, putting her glasses on again and making the oppressive atmosphere disappear. "Do your best Shin-chan, I'll be rooting for you."

"Kanako-san...". Shinkurou thinks for a bit, then notices something. While she opened a shop on this remote place, her husband is an important executive on Kaiba Corporation, who also works on these kinds of events. It can't be a coincidence. "Kanako-san, don't tell me you..."

She winks and uses her finger to cover her mouth. "A woman has many secrets and many resources. You shouldn't inquire about those Shin-chan.", says while giggling.

A smile appears on Shinkurou's face. He bows energetically, really thankful for this chance. "Thank you Kanako-san! I promise, I will take that White Frame!"

The woman nods in agreement, then walks to her store. "Wait for a second". When she comes back, she has a case on her hands, which then hands to Shinkurou. "This is for you".

Taking the case, he looks at Kanako. "What is this?"

"It seems your father was one of the few people who knew what the frames were for. He believed you would be a worthy possessor of one of them, so he gave me this. "Hand this over to him when the time comes", he told me. I myself don't know what is inside, but it seems he thought it would help you."

Shinkurou opens the case, and finds a note. Behind the note, there was a pair of cards. He looks at them, then reads the note.

To Shinkurou.

When you read this, I'll probably won't be around anymore. I'm sure you've already heard about the White Frames from Kana, so I'll leave these to you. They aren't one-of-a-kind cards, but I'm sure they'll help you since they suit your style.

The messenger is who guides the Kings to their resting place, while the demon is one who brings tragedies to this world. One will bring you power, and the other will bring you potential. Nonetheless, I'm sure they will aid you to master the secrets of the White Frame.

Sorry I didn't spend that much time with you, but I want you to understand that this project was of utmost importance. Forgive your father for being such a bad parent and leaving you alone, and for being so selfish to entrust this mission to you.

Sorry, and thanks.

Ginkurou.

A faint smile gazes Shinkurou's face when he finishes the letter. "You were away all the time, but you weren't a bad father at all, stupid old man...". With more determination than before, he puts the cards and the letter on the case again. "Don't worry dad. I'll meet your expectations."

Kanako nods, smiling. "Yes, yes! That's a nice face you have there Shin-chan!"

"Kanako-san! Where I can register for the..."

She interrupts him, yet again. "You're already registered dummy. I knew you would accept so I did it in advance. The tournament is this weekend, so don't slack off!" she orders him with a smile in her face.

With a drop of sweat on his forehead, Shinkurou sighs. "Kanako-san, you're always like that...". He gets back his energy instantly though, and smiles back to her. "I'll be going then!"

The boy starts running back home, decided to spend all the time he can into perfecting his Deck. Kanako only watchs him afar, with a motherly look on her eyes. "Good luck Shin-chan..."

~ Chapter 1 - White Frame ~

"Grah!!"

A bearded man is thrown off because of some strong impact. He's currently engaged on a Duel with a young man, and his last monster has just been destroyed. He has 2 cards in hand, but no cards on the field, while his opponent has 1 card in hand and 1 Set card, plus a powerful monster: Slate Warrior.

Spoiler

Slate had its ATK increased through its effect, so it was sporting a menacing 2400 ATK. The bearded man gets up, impressed. His Life Points are down to 1500, while his opponent's are still at a full 4000.

"Kuh...! To think that there were kids with these kind of potential around...!"

The man draws a card from his Deck, now being his turn. He is overjoyed at his draw. "HA! This is just what I needed! I'll play Foolish Burial!!"

Looking through his Deck, the man makes his selection. "I'll send Dark Magician of Chaos to my Graveyard! After that, I'll discard Mage Power to activate Double Spell!"

Spoiler

"This will let me activate a Spell from your Graveyard, and I choose your Premature Burial!". Losing 800 Life Points, the man makes the obvious pick. "Now come back, Dark Magician of Chaos!!"

A thunderous roar makes the sky pitch-black, then a portal opens to the depths of the netherworld. From there, a slender man dressed with leather appears, hitting the ground with his almighty scepter and making his presence known. Lightning rains around this monster, the greatest magician of them all!

Spoiler

The man, confident on his monster, announces its abilities. "Now I activate my Magician's effect! When Normal or Special Summoned, I get to recover a Spell from my Grave! I pick my Swords of Revealing Light!". Grabbing the card from his Graveyard, the man proceeds to declare an attack.

"Dark Magician of Chaos!! Get rid of that demon with your most powerful attack!! Spell of Destruction, Death Ultima!!"

The Magician raises his trusted scepter and spins it on the air, slamming the ground with it and making bolts of lightning rain once more. Gathering all of them in a deadly sphere, the blue-skinned creature blasts its best spell against Slate Warrior, which explodes mercilessly, being dismembered and disappearing as dust not long after. Its master laughs from joy, certain that victory is near.

"How do you like that kid? And also, my Magician's ability banishes any monster it battles with, so say goodbye to your...". The man interrupts his speech when he notices something strange. His most trusted monster falls to his knees, apparently afflicted with some kind of disease. A strange dust surrounds him, and he can't help but cough. "W-what's happening?!" he asks.

"Sorry sir, but this isn't over yet!" answers his opponent. "Slate Warrior decreases your monster's ATK by 500 if it destroys him in battle, no matter if you banish it or not".

"That still doesn't change the fact that you have no monsters left! I want to see you top my Dark Magician of Chaos' ATK!", says the man with confidence...

But the kid smiles instead. "Want me to try?"

"Ugh..." The man shoves his last card into his Duel Disk. "I'll play Swords of Revealing Light, just in case..."

Endless blades made of bright light rain from the heavens so violently that it seems they would impale anyone standing under the "rain". They make a sharp labyrinth, making impossible for the Magician to be touched. For three turns, at least.

Young Man - 2500
Beard Man - 900

"I guess it's my turn now" says the boy while drawing a card. After looking at it, he seems to look at his side, even though there's nobody there. "It's your turn, go ahead" he whispers. "I'll banish 3 Fiend-type monsters in my Graveyard in order to let you meet my partner!"

From behind the young duelist, a big eye appears, as if the air itself were its face. After looking around with its creepy red iris, it's suddenly swallowed by darkness, letting countless souls escape from what seems to be the realm of Hades. A creature appears from that portal, slowly. A mannequin shaped like a woman, without hair and carrying a broken doll. Her black eyes shine thanks to her eerie yellow irises, and black smog emanates from her feet constantly, as if she was floating thanks to it. She puts her hand on the shoulder of her master, who takes her hand and looks at his opponent.

As expected, the man cannot hide his terror. "W-what the hell is that?!"

The young boy just laughs. "I'll introduce you to my most trusted monster. Enter Dark Necrofear!!"

Spoiler

After wiping his cold sweat, the man starts chuckling. "I-impressive boy, but you still can't beat my Magician! Or are you planning to stall for answers?"

"Stall? I'd recommend you to look again", says the boy. Necrofear is in Attack Position, which amuses his opponent.

"So you're trying to suicide your "partner" or something? Good master you have there huh."

A glare from Necrofear freezes the man. It seems as if she's alive... Or conscious at the very least.

"Of course not. This is all so I can activate this! Reverse Card open! Return from the Different Dimension!!"

As the card lifts, the sky cracks. The creases get bigger and bigger, until it shatters like crystal. From behind the falling "fragments" of the sky, 4 monsters make their appearance. Slate Warrior lands besides the young man, while a massive white Orc lands in front of him, shaking the ground. Mounted on the Orc's back, a creature with long arms called Newdoria jumps off, while the little Sangan is comfy, resting on the Orc's shoulder.

Spoiler

"Return from the Different Dimension allows me to halve my Life Points to Special Summon as many banished monsters as I can! The bad part is that I have to banish them back when this turn ends, but that won't matter if I can win this turn!" he claims, but his opponent is still confused.

"And exactly how are you going to achieve that?" asks the man. With his monster having more ATK than all of his opponent's and the Swords protecting him, he can't see how this can end during this turn.

"Well, I have this too. Spell Card, Giant Trunade! It lets me return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to its owner's hands!"

As the Spell is played, a big hurricane violently stirs the arena, making the spectators cover themselves and even taking a pair of shoes off their owners. The Swords are swallowed by it, while the Magician is released from its shackles, no longer bound to Premature Burial.

"What are you trying to do?" asks the beard guy. "Your monster's ATK is still too..." he tries to say, but comes to realize something: Slate Warrior came back, and his effect with him.

The boy pats Slate Warrior in the shoulder. "Sorry pal, I need your ability". It seems like the solid vision creature understands him, as it nods in agreement. "So let's go, battle!! Slate Warrior attacks Dark Magician of Chaos!! Falc- I mean, Sonic Punch!!"

The slender demon rushes to the Magician, which is still coughing from the virus he left him. The fiend punches with all his might, but needless to say, Slate is reduced to ashes with the Magician's scepter. The virus turns worse though, and he seems to have trouble breathing. Its ATK also was lowered to a measly 1800. Looking up, the leather-wearing individual can only face the enormous Orc in terror, as he is about to swing his bone-made mace. Newdoria and Sangan giggle in the background as if mocking him.

"Giant Orc, smash him to pieces!!"

At the call of his master, the Orc breaks the shoulder of the Magician with a powerful smack, which then reduces him to dust. With the field empty, the bearded man can only shake in terror. Falling on his back, he can't understand. Not the fact that he is losing, but the fact that this duel seems a bit more gruesome than usual. Doesn't the monsters just disappear when hit? Or explode in a cloud of dust? Why he can see the monsters being dismembered or her bones being crushed? That's what he doesn't understand.

"Are you having a bad dream mister?" asks the boy in a serious tone. "Then don't worry, it's time to wake up". He raises his arm, and points to his opponent as he gives a command. "Dark Necrofear, let's end his nightmare!! Spirit-Eye Murder!!"

The bearded man looks in front of him, only to see the face of Necrofear closer than he'd ever wish it to be. After giving him a creepy smile, she leans back and her eyes sparkle, beaming a deadly light that causes the ground to explode. After the cloud of dust clears and his Life Points are totally depleted, the man has no injuries at all and the monsters have disappeared. The only thing remaining is the terror he felt.

The crowd is speechless. They hadn't seen a duel this intense ever before. Even the ones who came from the big cities are amazed. After a few seconds, the Master of Ceremonies recovers his composure and announces the result.

"A-and this is it, ladies and gentlemen!! Beating one of the most popular Pro-League duelists from this last year, he wins this White Tournament!! No one else but Kimuraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Shinkurooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!!"

The crowd rages, cheering for Shinkurou. He seems a bit uncomfortable with the noise and shrugs a bit, but he is really happy that he could win.

After a bit of embarassment for him while he had to deal with the showgirls posing with him for the commemorative picture, the awarding ceremony starts. His opponent actually gets a good deal, netting himself a bit of cash and several Duel Monster's goodies. As promised, Shinkurou gets his pass to enter the Duel Academia, a scholarship so he doesn't need to worry about paying anything and the fabled "White Frame". Enclosed in a crystal case, the card can be taken out if desired, but since nobody has figured its actual use yet, it's usually stored inside and shown as a trophy.

"So this is the "White Frame" huh...", he ponders, but then a familiar voice is heard from afar.

"SHIIIIN-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~"

Like if she was his mother and passing through the crowd like a sudden storm, Kanako comes rushing and gives Shinkurou a big hug, which embarrasses him to no end. It doesn't help she actually has the attitude of a mother loving her son way too much.

"Shin-chan, congratulations, you little devil!! I was sure you'd do good but you actually won, kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

"K-kanako-san!! H-hey, stop it, I can't brea-MGFHRGH". His sentence is cut right in the middle by the bear hug of the excited shop owner.

After a while of struggling, they can finally end the awarding ceremony. People starts then dismounting the stage, picking up and going home. Shinkurou and Kanako are walking home, taking their time.

"Kanako-san, I thought you would kill me there... You look fragile, but I'm pretty sure you have more strength than me..."

"Ahahahaha!! Don't be like that, I was happy for you!" she answers energetically. While walking, she's taking a look to the White Frame in Shinkurou's hands. He took him off the crystal case and it seems like a regular card. "It doesn't look special at all, does it?"

"That's what I was thinking. I wonder what kind of secret it has", he says with curiosity, but his single moment of seriousness is interrupted by a slap on his back. "Wha- Kanako-san!"

"Don't be so serious right now!" she says before giving away a mischievous smile. "Aren't you happy now, you little lovebird? You can finally meet her after 5 years!"

"Wha...!" Shinkurou's face turns redder than a tomato, and he becomes flustered. "Wh-wh-what are you talking about Kanako-san! It's just that I, a-and then...!"

Kanako just giggles. "I know, I know. You made a promise, right? To meet up in Duel Academia."

Shinkurou gives a big sigh. "Kanako-san, you should stop teasing me like that..."

Kanako just keeps laughing, but encourages Shinkurou as they walk home. The young man does what he can to avoid being teased too much by her and finally part ways with her once they arrive to the Card Shop. Taking his time to return home, he looks at the sky with eyes filled with hope.

I don't know how, but I finally made it...! I, we did it!

Wait for me, Chisa!!

~ To be Continued ~

So this is it, chapter 1!

Was it what you expected? Did it leave you expecting something? Leave a comment and tell me!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Sho Shinjo, 06 March 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#7 Rayth Mistwalker Oldies Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted. 3199 posts 0.00 XCB

Rayth Mistwalker
  • Interests:Programming, IRC, Fishing, Gaming

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Ok you now have me hooked. :o YAYA its fun xD

#8 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Could this be Sho's fabled Devil's Realm fiend deck!!!

Also awesome 1st chapter, it has me hooked. Well done!

#9 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the replies so far! It's good to see you're liking what you read!

A fitting end to the man known as Pegasus, definitely can't wait for the next part. Well done Sho!

I wanted to have him appear more, but then this would drag way too much.

It's good that Pegasus met a peaceful end on this one, isn't it?

I don't know why, but I'm just now finding out that Pegasus was only 24 at Duelist Kingdom according to the manga. Though, in that same manga he died at the end of DK...

Which is why the anime and manga canon are different. But yeah, poor Pegasus. He lived a very tragic life in the YGO! manga :/

Posted Image

(Yes, you got me hooked already xD)

I approve of this. xD

Ok you now have me hooked. :o YAYA its fun xD

Yaya? I can think of one, but not sure if it's the same one xDD Glad you liked it!

And now some "word of god":

Looks good. Interesting concept you've got here. How exactly will this work? Will it show how the Signer Dragons split up and, ultimately, reached their locations at the beginning of 5D's?

While that wouldn't be a bad idea, remember that these kinds of "spirit" cards have their own will: they can be wherever they need to, whenever they need to.

I'll probably address that at some point, but the main plot device here is "birth". I'm sure you already took note of the references I've been leaving.

Could this be Sho's fabled Devil's Realm fiend deck!!!

Also awesome 1st chapter, it has me hooked. Well done!

Actually, it is. It would be a sin for me to write a YGO fic and not use Dark Necrofear xD Glad you like it!

Chapter 2 might probably be up tonight, but tomorrow is a more likely date. That being said, I probably will write half of it now.

#10 Trapped inSanity Oldies "Don't let your education inhibit your learning." 4772 posts 0.00 XCB

Trapped inSanity

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

you truly have a knack for writing...i can no longer follow yugioh so I haven't played in....damn I just felt me age kinda sink in ....7 years. But I'm kinda enticed

#11 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

you truly have a knack for writing...i can no longer follow yugioh so I haven't played in....damn I just felt me age kinda sink in ....7 years. But I'm kinda enticed

Well, glad you liked it even you don't follow YGO anymore!

If I don't forget about it, I'll write that other non-YGO story I started but never finished.

#12 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

"Falc- I mean, Sonic Punch"

icwutudidthar

This is really nice, the story is starting off at the right pace, and the format is comfortable to read.

Don't remember some of the pre 5Ds decks but the duels are interesting regardless.

(Lurks till part 2)

#13 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

"Falc- I mean, Sonic Punch"

icwutudidthar

Busted! D:

This is really nice, the story is starting off at the right pace, and the format is comfortable to read.

Don't remember some of the pre 5Ds decks but the duels are interesting regardless.

(Lurks till part 2)

Danke!

Also, I guess this is an advantage of being a YGO oldfag: I pretty much remember all decks I've ran and what was popular at any given time xD

#14 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm still oldfag, and this brings back memories (*looks at DMoC* Scary ones...). Haven't played the RL card game since mid-GX, stopped playing the time synchros were introduced. Should be a little more obv when I finish that char for MBP's Valence story where my interests lie.

Question though: Why change the effect of Double Spell to involve the (old) rulings? O.o

Edited by TheLaughingMan-JDS, 20 February 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#15 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm still oldfag, and this brings back memories (*looks at DMoC* Scary ones...). Haven't played the RL card game since mid-GX, stopped playing the time synchros were introduced. Should be a little more obv when I finish that char for MBP's Valence story where my interests lie.

Question though: Why change the effect of Double Spell to involve the (old) rulings? O.o

Oldfags FTW.

Also, it happens that Double Spell is both a very old card and one without any recent reprint. Its only one was in a Dark Revelation booster, which has the exact same old text. The text can get very confusing if read by someone who actually plays the card game.

I modified Double Spell so the wording reflects the card effect with updated text AND lets people know what it does, so in case I decide to use it again in another duel with higher levels of complexity *hint hint*, people will know why the cards are played in that way. If you look, all cards I gave a description for have the new text format, even if they don't have a reprint with the new text.

Also, knowing exactly what a card does and why helps me write scenarios more easily xD

#16 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Lol, I'm apparently an oldfag....

Liked this chapter. I noticed you applied that Karakuri joke here for Shinkurou's name. Wonder what that demon and messenger thing meant... RDA kinda fits in there...

#17 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Lol, I'm apparently an oldfag....

Liked this chapter. I noticed you applied that Karakuri joke here for Shinkurou's name. Wonder what that demon and messenger thing meant... RDA kinda fits in there...

To be fair, I used the name because a manga I was reading recently has a character with that name, and because I'm planning a really lame joke xD

About the other stuffs, I can only say someone has good eyes. As expected of the Black Feather tribe!

#18 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks! I'd say something about you, but I haven't the slightest clue what a Shinjo is D:

#19 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Thanks! I'd say something about you, but I haven't the slightest clue what a Shinjo is D:

According to Aneki, we Shinjos are poisonous in nature and will infect you with an incurable disease that causes you to be indifferent, have a scary face and a strange obsession for chocolate.

Of course, it's my big sis who we're talking about, so that's nonsense. Maybe perhaps.

#20 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

a strange obsession for chocolate.

Should I be scared that I'm eating a whole tin of chocolate while I'm typing this? Not to mention, I rarely eat chocolate o.o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Have you ever wondered...?, YGO, The Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users