- - - - - 51 replies to this topic

Atch Gee Dubya

Blog

• Please log in to reply

#21 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ah, turns out I was to late. :(

As it turns out, I've been listening to this song on repeat for almost all day today.

#22 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I've been meaning to listen to some more of his music. It's one of my favorite tracks right now.

#23 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Exarion
Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 3 - Normal Blood

It seems like for years I've seen people talking about Evangelion being a great manga or anime idk but I've never read or watched it. Oh well. This track reminded me of Super Smash Bros for some reason.

I liked the first chapters/episodes. Last year I watched the first 2 Rebuild of Evangelion and loved it.
Well, maybe because SSBB has a good soundtrack too? (Although I haven't played the original SSB so much. <.<)
Also, I assume you liked it a little. >.>

Hmm, what do you study? How is your work?

#24 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Ok, I finally watched an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. As per Stomach's comment, I actually watched 3 episodes to give it a fair chance. The episodes I chose were simply the first three episodes of season 1. I hate watching stuff unless I do it from the beginning.

As for the show, it actually wasn't bad. The writing was good if I'm being honest and I feel a little better about the world knowing that some kids might actually watch this. I actually liked how the series started out with a good two-part story. The episodes I watched were full of well crafted jokes and symbolism and I quickly lost the feeling that I was watching a six year old girl's show. With that said, I have to take back my previous ignorant bashings of MLP, even if it does still feel a little weird thinking about it.

Favorite pony rank in order so far:
Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity

I don't really dislike any of them yet but Apple Jack is definitely my favorite so far. Spyke is cool too but there haven't been any other dragons to compare him to.

#25 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3754 posts 21.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Flame said watch 3, not Stomach.

#26 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Spyke is cool too but there haven't been any other dragons to compare him to.

Yeh, there's some later.

Rarity might just be on the bottom of everyone's lists. :F

#27 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

She actually has a pretty sizeable fanbase, me and (I think) Flame included. She gets really well developed later on, standing as both a deep character on her own while still being a direct jab on everything "girly" in the crappy saccharine shows we all know and hate.
Also, her hammy drama queen antics are genuinely funny and she ends up, IMO, being as amusing, if not more, than Pinkie. Also, Tabitha is best voice actress. :)

Anyways, enough offtopic! I'm glad you enjoyed it. No need to force yourself into it - as I said, it is a well-done, high budget show with top talents on the cartoon business. It's still though, at its core, a somewhat girly, family-friendly show that may not appeal to everyone.
Also, this weirdness is part of it at first. Stomach was a hater before he gave it a shot as well. :P

Edited by Ritokure, 17 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#28 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9468 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Kakashi is right flame said that

but im glad you enjoyed it and actually watched it before passing judgement unlike the majority of brony haters on the internet who just go *ponies eww* and dont think twice about it

#29 Flame Effigy Oldies Hot Fisting Action 1313 posts 0.00 XCB

Flame Effigy
  • Interests:Selling Bridges

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Spyke is cool too but there haven't been any other dragons to compare him to.

Yeh, there's some later.

Rarity is best pony.

#30 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Kakashi is right flame said that

but im glad you enjoyed it and actually watched it before passing judgement unlike the majority of brony haters on the internet who just go *ponies eww* and dont think twice about it

Actually for a long time now I've been saying fuck ponies and everyone who watches it is a weird loser. :P

but yeah...

#31 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Good thing you started from the beginning.

Rarity is a close second to me (whining in Diamond Dogs is the best scene ever).

Aeon didn't reply my last comment...
Not really needed, just checking if you forgot it. <.<

#32 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I've seen an episode... but I didn't have the sound on... so I literally just saw it.

Also... how are you getting past the Hasbro copyright claim?

Edited by Siyanor, 18 February 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#33 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Good thing you started from the beginning.

Rarity is a close second to me (whining in Diamond Dogs is the best scene ever).

What was your comment?

I've seen an episode... but I didn't have the sound on... so I literally just saw it.

Also... how are you getting past the Hasbro copyright claim?

What? Was that to me?

#34 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

He's probably talking about this; http://gawker.com/58...-my-little-pony

But the episodes, as far as I know, are still on YouTube legally.

#35 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

What was your comment?

The one right before your entry. '-'
http://xerocreative...._20#entry816965

#36 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

What was your comment?

The one right before your entry. '-'
http://xerocreative...._20#entry816965

Went the DarkBlaze route and did IT. I guess my years in XC's helpdesk actually wasn't a total waste. :P My job is alright, easy but creatively limiting, but it's just a stepping stone until my buddy is ready to take on his dad's company.

#37 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

They're not on YouTube legally. I hadn't even heard of that other site.

#38 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

They're not on YouTube legally. I hadn't even heard of that other site.

I was lead to believe that they were made open to the public by The Hub at a lower quality on YouTube for free. I'm not much of a pony person, I just don't get the appeal. It just strikes me in the same chords as Superbad - it's just cheeky to be cheeky.

As for the Frank Ocean bit, I managed to get a hold on both of his albums. I'm going to listen to them tomorrow. Do you suggest his first album for or his second album first? Or any particular songs, other than the one you mentioned earlier?

#39 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

As promised, round 2 of "name a song and I'll put my thoughts in a blog post when I get home". This really blossomed into a huge turnout so I'll try and not miss anyone!

Exarion: Deep Purple - Burn (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7-PHdbCnE)

I've never actually heard of Deep Purple before. I'm sure I've probably heard a song of theirs in my 23 years of living, but I can't recall any or their name. This song reminded me of other 70s/80s rock in the feel and vocals, but I really enjoyed the overall guitar. I've already got it added to my next download list.

Zane Kamanako: Mz Hyde - Halestorm (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTLQ4k8JXk)

I've listened to a lot of the more overplayed Halestorm songs the past few months. I hadn't heard this one though. It's enjoyable but not as memorable as a few of their other songs. As it turns out, I've actually already got this one in my itunes from when I downloaded that album.

Riceeman: True Loves - Hooray for Earth (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOj4JJKR48)

Listening to the first 30 seconds and I thought I had heard this before, then I quickly realized I hadn't. This song was quite the change of pace from Halestorm, but I'm always for the slow methodic music too. I would have liked for a stronger drum presence in this but it's still good. Although, that machine-like sound reminds me of transformers.

<paused so that I could eat my dinner>

TheLaughingMan: Pillowfight - Get Down (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiBHAQP9WY8)

I had switched tabs to type and the first thing I thought of was Gwen Stefani with the voice. Weird. Anyways, if I had to make a comparison, I'd say the Gorillaz, but with a female voice. Song was ok, good for background noise, but wasn't something I'd really desire to listen to over again.

Newman: Forever the Sickest Kids - Believe me, I'm lying (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZj6JeAjrxI)

God no. I haven't listened to whiny screamo in 10 years. Next.

GothicKratos: macklemore and ryan lewis - thrift shop (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_JTDYkH_w)

This song is good, I'm just biased against it because I hear it ALL THE DAMN TIME and the song itself is fairly repetitive as is.

Setever: Atoms For Peace - Reverse Running (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayNljo-DQTs)

Never heard of this band but I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Best description I can give is that it's perfect for having in one ear while I'm doing something. I'll go ahead and download the discography because I fucking can.

Stomach The MachoPony: LMFAO - Sexy and i know it (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVYZJAgLUYA)

I'm pretty sure this is just a "FU" towards me from you. LMFAO annoys me.

Blydden: Miku Hatsune - Tell Your World (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBwSNKDfyHc)

First time I heard of Miku was when everyone was going crazy about the holographic Tupac at coachella. Interesting concept I guess, just remove the BS untalented singer and promote the one doing all the work - the computer. With that said, I still don't like this genre.

Flame Effigy: Billy Talent - Devil in a Midnight Mass (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bOmU36RG8)

Not bad. That's the best I've got.

DarkBlaze557: Prince - "When Doves Cry" (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1k4N2ci6E)

Confession time - I've never liked Prince, or the artist formerly known as prince. I actually got a different song when I plugged this into youtube (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmChZtTIoPk) and I was digging it lol. Then I got the correct song and was like, oh yeah, I don't like Prince.

Ritokure: Skyclad - Helium (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExMZ4JRLiw)

This will go on my download list. Never heard of these guys either so it's nice to be able to find more stuff to add to my evergrowing collection. In saying that, I actually think the song would be better in just instrumental without lyrics.

MrMayor: Arctic Monkeys - The View From The Afternoon (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK7UU097W_w)

Sounds like a poor man's Kasabian, of which is already a poor version of other bands. Not terrible, but the constant change of momentum and aweful vocals are a huge distraction.

Kyros27: Children of Bodom - Ooops I Did It Again! (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtXlBbWeB4)

What in the hell is wrong with you? Seek help... I think you and fluppy would get along very well though.

Jesse: Stare into the Sun - Graffiti6 (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Uc1_D1uc0)

I immediately recognized this song from hours upon hours of Fifa 12. I like it. I never paid attention to the band name though so it's good to finally know that.

MyBlackwingPlaylist: Sleepyhead - Passion Pit (h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbJtOAkHy4)

I swear I recognize this song from a commercial. After googling, I could have either heard it for Little Big Planet 2 or Ellie Goulding. Either one is plausible. Anyways, I do like this. I would download it except I already have a bunch of Passion Pit that I haven't listened to yet, of which I'm sure this is one of them. Going back and looking up Ellie Goulding's version, I had not heard hers before so I'm guessing it was LBP2.

Lana Kane: What's Up - 4 Non Blondes(h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFy1luxL0A)

Took a little while for it to get good. I love the way she transitions in the middle of a sentence. And then the chorus hits and I immediately recognize the song! Makes me wonder where I've heard this from... Oh well. To the download list it goes!

Eel: Stelio Kontos - American Dad(h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3N2oZpWjpY)

You shittin' me?

Edited by Aeon, 29 April 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#40 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5481 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I only found mine by coincidence through an AMV. The title doesnt even give me the name, so I had to hunt for it. XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users