Photo
- - - - - 51 replies to this topic

Atch Gee Dubya

Blog

• Please log in to reply

#1 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

I haven't done a blog post in such a long time that I didn't even see my blog, thus a new one.

So, what's going on in my life? Mostly work and school. Each week I do 12 hrs of school credit, and 40 hrs of work. It wouldn't be quite as bad but I live in a different city nearly 40 miles away so it's a long drive every morning and every night. (Takes anywhere from 35 mins to 45 mins on average) With all that and trying to keep somewhat of a personal life, that's why you guys don't see me as much as you use to.

I got my new Macbook Pro (well, the Feb. 2011 model) after my HP laptop (I hate HP) bit the dust. It was technically used but the guy I bought it from only used it maybe five times since he got it. Well worth the $800, although I had to buy it before income tax coming back so I ended up getting an overdrawn fee like a week later.

But, now that my Taxes (only federal atm) are in, I'm debating on whether to go ahead and get the 4S or wait for the 5. I hear rumors that the 5 may come out in the Summer and it would suck to lose out that close. For the record, I'm still using the 3GS which is why I'm seriously considering the 4S now.

So, do you guys think I should get the 4S or wait for the 5?

Also lately I've been hooked on Words with Friends. I think I have 6 games atm simultaneously. Absolutely love it. More addictive than angry birds ever was.

Then, I see the March banlist... lol, wow.

I'll try and put more things in the next blog post but who knows.

edit: Leave a question and I might answer it in the next blog post.

Edited by HG Wells, 31 May 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

> Lightie makes Blog post.
> I see Animaniacs sig.

This day has achieved the qualities required to be considered a win.

Also, they say that no news is usually good news, and I'm glad you're doing alright.

Regarding the Macbook... I'd say to wait. I mean, if it really comes out you'll feel awful, and I'd recommend just bearing with your current machine for a while, unless you REALLY need the new one.

Also, for the record, I love HP xD

#3 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3754 posts 21.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Words with Friends is awesome, but it takes too long in my opinion. I've had games drag out for weeks.

I enjoy Hanging with Friends.

It's the same idea, but Hangman instead of Scrabble. :D

#4 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

> Lightie makes Blog post.
> I see Animaniacs sig.

This day has achieved the qualities required to be considered a win.

Also, they say that no news is usually good news, and I'm glad you're doing alright.

Regarding the Macbook... I'd say to wait. I mean, if it really comes out you'll feel awful, and I'd recommend just bearing with your current machine for a while, unless you REALLY need the new one.

Also, for the record, I love HP xD

I've never seen a HP that hasn't crapped out within a year. I guess it's just me?

Also, I already have the Macbook (I love it of course). What I'm debating on is upgrading my iPhone now or waiting.

Words with Friends is awesome, but it takes too long in my opinion. I've had games drag out for weeks.

I enjoy Hanging with Friends.

It's the same idea, but Hangman instead of Scrabble. :D

The key to WwF is to have multiple games going on that way it doesn't take as long before you get to go again.

I think I'll try hanging with friends. Can't be that bad.

Also, after watching DB's blog drawing video, I'm going to take user submissions for my next blog post. Not a video, but I'll do a short story involving all members who want to take part. You guys can also suggest settings or anything else to include in the story.

#5 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

To answer your question regarding the iPhone: Apple has always released the newest version every summer (usually in June, iirc). Definitely wait. You won't regret it.

And I agree - HP laptops suck horribly. I've worked on hundreds of them. For a reason. Macbooks are solid little things.

I dunno about a request - but if you wanna include me in a short story, I'm all for that. ;)

#6 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'll wait and see if there are more people interested in the story. For now I'm just here to update you guys on the fact that I've been a very busy bee and apologize for my lack of logging in lately. Also, I was at Barnes & Noble and got this picture for you guys...

Posted Image

#7 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Eff the iPhone get a Droid.

#8 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Eff the iPhone get a Droid.

Eff you. iPhone 4 lyfe. I'm now thinking about whether to get the ipad mini or the iPad 4thgen. Not sure yet.

Anyways, to keep you guys updated with my wonderful life....

Since May, when I began my latest departure, I've been all over the place, hence why you guys haven't seen me much. On May 4th one of my coworkers was fired for stealing information from other computers. I was kinda close to the guy so it was crazy when it just all came out of nowhere. A couple of weeks later one of my best friends died in a car accident. Noone else was hurt but he was drinking and driving and I almost got in the car with him and it was almost me... kinda didn't know how to fully feel about this. I mean, obviously there was lots of sadness, but there wasn't really anyone else to be angry at and being angry at him didn't really help either. I've been much more vocal now with people I meet about drinking and driving so yeah, I'm that annoying person now. I haven't even had a drink since then which made me grumpy for a little while but after about a month I didn't care anymore for it.

In July I decided it was time to really change up my life as I felt stagnant. I moved to the coast and got a job down here. So far it's going well and I really enjoy it. Lots of sunshine... well there was before rolling the clocks back. Now it gets dark at like 5. Screw that. I'm staying with a pair of roommates to help deal with the cost of living being more expensive here but it's not that bad because I usually only see them once or twice a day. I hit the jackpot there.

I'm settling down pretty well now so that's why I'm here (again). I'll try and keep this more updated. Maybe I'll put some pics up of the beach for you land-dwellers. Oh, and no, I have absolutely no interest in Yu-Gi-Oh so don't even ask me about it.

Edited by HG Wells, 11 November 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#9 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Welcome back you sexy SOB. Glad you're feeling better. I know all too well about feeling stagnant...if only I can take a page from your book.

#10 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Now for the results of my last status update: "Name a song. I will listen to it as soon as I get home tonight." Edit: I did have youtube links to all the songs in the post but it wouldn't let me post it unless I removed them with a whole "too many media files" message.

DarkBlaze557
Friday - Rebecca Black

Go fuck yourself. Hard.

Zane Kamanako
"Chalk Outline" by Three Days Grace

One of the first songs I heard on the radio when I moved here last year. I like it even if it is a generic rock song.

Amon
Anyway, it'd better be "How Soon Is Now?" or "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", both by The Smiths.

Fun fact #1, I've never listened to The Smiths before. "How soon is now?" is close to what I really like to listen to when by myself, but just isn't one I'd desire to listen to much. In saying that, I do like how he sings "looove" in the song. I cut off the song a little before the halfway mark.

"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now"... if someone told me that David Bowie did this song, I would almost believe it. Again, like "How soon is now?", it just didn't fully click for me.

Exarion
Neon Genesis Evangelion OST 3 - Normal Blood

It seems like for years I've seen people talking about Evangelion being a great manga or anime idk but I've never read or watched it. Oh well. This track reminded me of Super Smash Bros for some reason.

Jesse
Harlem Shake ;3

Heard about this a lot lately but hadn't brought myself to look it up. It was short so I actually played it three times. I now know what it is so thanks... oh and in no way does this help reinforce that white people are uncoordinated.

Mavis
"Don't Panic" by Molotov Jukebox

Fun fact number 2: I have a soft spot for female vocals. I really enjoyed this song and have saved it to watch lately.

TheLaughingMan-JDS
"Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Late entry but I went with it anyways. Fuck yes! I was actually looking for this song a few weeks ago but I never knew the name or who did it. I think I first heard this song on a TV show but I don't remember which show is. In short, you have provided me with a song that has eluded me for far too long.

MyBlackwingPlaylist
"My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark" - Fall Out Boy
Editing this post with one last one. When I saw FOB, I facepalmed and felt like I had reversed back to high school. In saying that, the song wasn't terrible and I did like the beat. Still sucked :P

Edited by HG Wells, 14 February 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#11 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Awesome, my suggestion was liked!

#12 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5488 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Same here. Maybe not as much as yours, Mavis, but it got no bad reviews from him. X)

DarkBlaze557
Friday - Rebecca Black

Go fuck yourself. Hard.

ROFLMFAO! XD XD XD XD XD XD

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 14 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#13 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

<3

#14 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

TheLaughingMan-JDS
"Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Late entry but I went with it anyways. Fuck yes! I was actually looking for this song a few weeks ago but I never knew the name or who did it. I think I first heard this song on a TV show but I don't remember which show is. In short, you have provided me with a song that has eluded me for far too long.

Posted Image

#15 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

These things sound like they're fun to do.

brb, starting a blog.

#16 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Check out my profile song. Not sure if it's your style, but it's a pretty deep song.

#17 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

<3

<3

Check out my profile song. Not sure if it's your style, but it's a pretty deep song.

Not bad. Reminded me of that lady who sang for The Cranberries.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

<3

<3

Not bad. Reminded me of that lady who sang for The Cranberries.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolores O'Riordan happened to be one of Alanis Morissette's major musical influences. You can hear similarities in their vocal styles, especially in the song Zombie by The Cranberries.

Edited by L o t u s, 14 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#19 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Ah, turns out I was to late. :(

#20 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

GothicKratos
Frank Ocean - Swim Good

I'm a fan of Frank Ocean so I was happy to do play this one. Overall, not bad. He has better songs, both lyrically and beat wise, but this is a pleasant song to listen to and actually isn't bad on repeat. Have you heard Wise man by him? Listen to that shit.

Ah, turns out I was to late. :(

My cursor was hovered over Post when you replied.

Edited by HG Wells, 14 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users