Updating card images since 01/31/11
Images for our cards on YVD might be unclear, delayed or even missing. Instead of complain to staff, it's possible and desirable for the members ourselves to do something. With that in mind, there is no limit to our improvements!
We used the "YVD Community Images Blog" on the blogs topic, but a new topic was needed to attend some difficulties. Also, this place is more appropriate.
If you are new and/or don't know much about YVD, this may help a little.
When you installed YVD, you chose a location for the XeroCreative folder. Inside it, there is the YVD folder, the basic folder from now on.
Inside YVD folder, there is another folder called Images. Once you downloaded an images folder (compressed as .zip) here, you have to decompress it and make sure that each set folder is inside the Images folder, like this:
Sometimes, we upload a Images folder containing all the images updated until then. In this case, delete the old Images folder in YVD and replace it with the new one.
Images for tokens work the same way: all of them go to the Token folder inside Images, like a regular set.
But the token list has a special way. Inside the YVD folder, there are 2 files named Token.cnl and Token.ptcg (we call them "token sets" for short). They are updated here as well, and you install them using the same method: delete the old ones and replace them with the new files after decompressing them.
Everyone can help!
- First of all, make sure your images are updated and if recent comments here point to a new upload soon.
- Using an image editor (like GIMP, which is free; not Paint, it makes grainy images), crop, re-size and change bright/contrast if needed (but highly suggested) of each card.
- The images must be saved as NameOfTheCardWithoutSpaces.GIF with dimensions 40x40 pixels.
- Each image must be saved in its corresponding folder, named after the set acronym. (i.e. Photon Shockwave images in the PHSW folder.) If you want to fix only one card, check the whole set: the other cards might need something sooner or later!
- Compress them to .ZIP folders. It's the most common and the one adopted by YVD.
- Check in your YVD before uploading them.
If you are not a fan of images editing, you still can help!
- Again, make sure your images are updated and if recent comments here point to a new upload soon.
- Ask for missing/fixing images.
- Re-upload images in alternative hosting services. Mirror downloads are kind of important these times.
- Report broken links/images.
As our contributor dpsklsd has suggested, try to look for Tag Force images in case of older sets, since they have a greater quality. New sets often have official proxy images, cleaner than scans in many cases.
Finally, the links.
It's highly recommended for you to download the "all images" before requesting or working on images.
It includes all these uploaded sets so far:
Token set: http://www.mediafire...rt6fqet3uacedrd
Card frames and back (by Zackra, they are included on All Images above) - Xyz and Fusion frames are now both used.
We acknowledge the XeroCreative staff for the Official images for YVD until ABPF.
Mod Aeon gave us the blog idea!
Mod Sho Shinjo posted the original topic and kept it updated while he could.
Admin DB for supporting this change.
Jesse, for posting hundreds of images with me and keeping this project alive.
Edited by Exarion, 07 May 2013 - 12:24 PM.