Photo
- - - - - 478 replies to this topic

League of Legends

• Please log in to reply

#1 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Anybody play this free game? For those not familiar, google it, or for those with familiarity with Warcraft III's Defense of the Ancient's, it's that, but kinda better because it's a standalone game. I enjoy it as often as possible with 2 people who used to visit these here forums (though 1 of the two people I only played with once...lol) so if you want to play with me for fun you can add me, the account name is ShadowDemonXC, but if you're all omg I have to win all the time this is srsbusinessbro, please don't. My skill level varies, sometimes I do really well other times I play poorly, so idk. I play for fun but winning is nice. I'm level...23 I think.

~1,000 and change IP till I can unlock Talon, then I'll buy some more runes and save the rest of my IP for the new champion after Graves, the Nine tail fox one looks cool. It's planned as a caster but I'd rather it be assassin so I hope they change it, which is possible since it's early to release.

I play Maokai most which majority of the time works well for me if I have a decent team (that's the downfall of being a tank, and only a meh one at that, is being very team-oriented) so I wanna get Talon to use as an assassin. I have a handful of others unlocked I play from time to time out of boredom, but none I like as much as Maokai. He's not the greatest champion but I think he's fun, and it's good for me because he's hardly ever picked.

Which champions do you like/use etc? How do you feel about your own skill level?

#2 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

I play. Level 30, I play various champions but I'm only actually good with tank and support. Alistar is my best, Kassadin is my favorite but I suck with him. I'm generally not very good, because I suck at predicting where people are going and what they're doing, and I'm not a very good judge of time so I don't know when other players' cooldowns are done.

#3 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3752 posts 20.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

I also play, but haven't as of late due to not having a laptop.

Level... 14-15 I believe, I main either Master Yi (hardeeharimmascrub) or Sion (WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE? TO DEATH'S CARESS YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF NOOBS.)

Fun game. Fun fun game.

#4 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

I played too much today. Got the 6300 IP, but didn't buy Talon yet. I probably will next time I play. I added you Siyanor, and I'll add kakashi next time I'm on. Hopefully we can play together soon. Been trying new builds with Maokai, just to keep him from getting boring. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. My last game I went 8-4-32 and there was a Cho'gath that went 22-2-16 or something like that. We were up by like 10 kills and we ended up losing. Terrible teamwork. I hate when that happens... Who loses with 32 freaking assists?

#5 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Gradually and gradually I have been itching to play it. I have it installed (not updated yet) but just won't have time till later to actually sit down and play.

Let's just say, it has me interested enough to read through all the champions and keep me updated on some stuff, but not enough to physically play the game.

#6 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

I have 6300 as well, wondering if I should buy Xerath or Graves. If I buy Graves, I can have used all champions when Xerath is free. But I'll probably prefer Xerath and actually possibly want to own him.

#7 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

I dun't like this game.

That is all.

#8 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

Kakashi you may have to add me when you get back in, it said your account didn't exist for some reason...

Gradually and gradually I have been itching to play it. I have it installed (not updated yet) but just won't have time till later to actually sit down and play.

Let's just say, it has me interested enough to read through all the champions and keep me updated on some stuff, but not enough to physically play the game.

PPPPLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

I have 6300 as well, wondering if I should buy Xerath or Graves. If I buy Graves, I can have used all champions when Xerath is free. But I'll probably prefer Xerath and actually possibly want to own him.

Does anything about Graves appeal to you or your playstyle? I have non interest in him at all so I'll be skipping him, same goes for Xerath. It sounds like you'd rather Xerath and you'd feel more comfortable with him, but I'd say see how you like him during the free to play week first, and if you like him own him. 6300 is such a pain to get to begin with, especially when you're like me and trying to get runes too. I regret buying Skarner, not that he's a bad champion but I don't really like him. People say he's difficult but I don't feel that way, I just feel like he's...meh. Only champ I found difficult from the ones I purchase (which I regret most) is Kassadin. What a bitch. Anyway, good luck making your decision.

I dun't like this game.

That is all.

Lol, I still like you Eric.

#9 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3752 posts 20.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Huh. I could've sworn my IGN was kakashipwnzor. Ah well. When I get a laptop again for sure.

#10 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

:o Tbh, I tried it... I really just couldn't get into it. It seemed more repetative than the meta decks in Yugioh I face. Mabye because I'm such a low level?

#11 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Huh. I could've sworn my IGN was kakashipwnzor. Ah well. When I get a laptop again for sure.

Rofl, I hate you. I was trying to add this:

(hardeeharimmascrub)

:o Tbh, I tried it... I really just couldn't get into it. It seemed more repetative than the meta decks in Yugioh I face. Mabye because I'm such a low level?

No, not really. The higher level you get the more points you get for Masteries, and more rune slots, which just makes your champion slightly stonger. Honestly though it is a very repetative game. (Every game you play is the same) but I still like it. When I get bored I switch champions or I don't play at all. They did add a new game mode for some variety called Dominion, which is basically capture the flag. I'm not saying it's the best game ever but I do enjoy it.

#12 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Depends if Graves turns out to be more attack oriented or spell oriented. AD casters are fun sometimes, but I don't like champions that do nothing but autoattack. Given that one of his skills has a built-in incentive to attack, his skills are probably the main focus, otherwise he wouldn't need that incentive. He looks like a Trin Force/IE/Bloodthirster champion.

Edited by Siyanor, 18 October 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#13 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Got to play a few games today, so I tried Dominion with Talon....did terrible haha, got stomped every time. I'm excited for the next champ volibear, can't wait to see what he can do. He sounds like (and I hope he is) a tank. You know, "Armored bear" and all. Guess we'll see.

#14 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

He sounds like tanky dps to me. I don't think full tank would be the best build, but maybe not bad, depending on his stats. He really doesn't have tank skills, but seems like high hp.

#15 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

He sounds like tanky dps to me. I don't think full tank would be the best build, but maybe not bad, depending on his stats. He really doesn't have tank skills, but seems like high hp.

That's no fair, I made my post before they said anything about his abilities. I agree, they aren't the most tanky skills, but that doesn't mean a tank build wouldn't work. Like you said it may not be the BEST build but still viable, especially more alone the lines of hybrid tanking which I REALLY like. I like the security of knowing I can tank magic or armor. Anyway it's good to know a tank option could at least be viable. I mean I love Maokai and he's anything but a pure tank and I usually get some AP to balance out his ability damage, so actually, Volibear might be quite viable for me. Wit's End seems like kind of a staple item if you do build him tanky, cause it'll boost MR and attack speed, which is sweet! Heck even Madred's migh synergize well with his frenzy, but I hate how expensive the item is. Another benefit would be tank rape..though that would make him more anti-tank...Now, the question is, do his abilities get stronger with AP or AD? :unsure:

I want more info NAO!!

#16 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hey guys, guess what:

I can use Yi now.

Reason:

Demolitionist and Siege Commander exist.

#17 XxRUNEZxX Members Newish 36 posts 0.00 XCB

XxRUNEZxX
  • Interests:TCG's and MMORPGS

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

I also have been itching to play this.....I have played MMO's or hack n slash type RPGs since i was like 9....from my understanding LOL is more like Warcraft 3's DOTA mod. Is it worth playing?

#18 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Well, it's completely free... so just try it, and if you don't like it, don't play it.

Personally, I didn't like it at first but I started liking it after 4-5 games.

#19 XxRUNEZxX Members Newish 36 posts 0.00 XCB

XxRUNEZxX
  • Interests:TCG's and MMORPGS

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Do you keep your levels after every match?

#20 kakashipwnzor Oldies Apparently I'm XC's PsychicBrony. Go figure. 3752 posts 20.00 XCB

kakashipwnzor

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Do you keep your levels after every match?

You rank your account up, not the individual characters.

Well, you do, in-game.

Each game, your character goes to level 1, and goes up to level 18, earning your 4 skills in any way you choose/can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users