Photo
- - - - - 228 replies to this topic

Shinjo's Dimension - Fak u alcohol

The Game, Randomness, YGO, Games and 3 more...

• Please log in to reply

#21 Hoiguyyami Oldies G-MOP 1955 posts 0.00 XCB

Hoiguyyami

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

I don't think i've ever heard you talk about real life.

Intersting all around. I'm still debating whether or not to get a psp or something. ATM, GBC is my most advanced.

#22 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

Wow... I came for the Pokemon, but stayed for the tale O.O Dude, I had been hearing for along time how bad it was getting in like border towns in Mexico (flat out Drug gangs riding in, shooting the place up, sending people running out for their lives or staying to die), but like Katrina, guess major shitstorms don't really hit their full magnitude till someone you actually are aware of lives through the stuff. lol almost seems weird to have game discussions in the same area as that. Stay safe man.

As for the vacation thing, I guess in a way I was spoiled. Growing up not far from Corpus Christi, New Braunfels, and San Antonio, alot of big "vacation" spots were basically in my own backyard. And now, with three kids, vacationing isn't much of an option. About as close as I get is once a year when I go back down to Texas to see family. And even ruined myself in Iowa, being not that far off from Des Moines, so got that going too. So, leaves just those "Dream" vacations that take a miracle to go on (at least once your an adult with children). Like Vegas, Hawaii, Amsterdam...

Though, I can't believe it didn't accure to me WHY Lilipup was freaking awesome at the start (despite his low Def, but he had speed too), but being able to take that new Tackle and make it work like no tomorrow. In the past, Tackle haveing a lower Atk power would of made more sense than its lower accuracy. It being the move you start with most of the time. Just more and more, Black and White are slowly redefining some aspects of the game, and can't wait for the completion to see where its going.

And yeah, I agree on the DS YGO games. The 5Ds ones especially. I mean, with Tag Force out (the TF series being the superb handheld option of the entire YGO series, with Duel Transer (which loosely works the same way) being the best console one out yet. Just the DS ones are graphically trash. The horrible lag and slow response take it just out of duels. The only reason I picked up WC2010, was because the local Wal-Mart had it on sale, brand new, for $10.

#23 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:42 AM

@ hoiguy: So yeah, I has a life too. Kinda dull, but I has it. D: And get a PSP, is a good buy. It has pretty good games and works fine as a media player. I definitely recommend it, I love PSP.

@ red: Well, yeah, it doesn't sound that bad until you hear the gunshots nearby. It's still not THAT bad, but it's dangerous after all. But, like a friend said: if it's your turn, it will happen no matter where you are. If it's not, you'll be unharmed even in the middle of the fire. And don't be concerned about the topic changes xD I said this blog was about randomness.

For the vacation thing, I don't ask for much really. I only want a vacation I can remember happily, not something I'll forget easily like all my childhood because it was dull/boring/painful. Which is something I'll talk about some other time.

Regarding Pokémon, yeah, Lillipup is pretty boss early. I didn't advance a lot, but I recognized it's pretty awesome. Also, if you catch one with Vital Spirit, it seems that the ability changes into Intimidate when it evolves, which is awesome. I'll re-catch one when I restart to get a Speed-enhanced Snivy. I'm not really competitive, but I like to have good-natured Pokémon xD

And definitely, Tag Force Series are the best, hands down. They lag a lot less, interface is pretty, they have better search filters (you can search strings of words now!), and they have better music. They're better in every sense IMO.

EDIT:
I just discovered that XC has a word filter. I can't say ***, although I can bypass it writing f4g instead.

Edited by Sho Shinjo, 11 March 2011 - 03:47 AM.

#24 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

On Radio: It's funny because I was the first one to mention RickRolling on XCRadio. She still won't play Walk the Dinosaur though. :rolleyes:

On 2011: Deck Analysis is fun, but also BS. I'm playing Steelswarms right now and steamrolling most decks I've faced so far. Deck Rating gave it a C. :angry2: Also, the game is unbalanced on difficulty. I still don't know how I beat Yusei on the first duel against him (on the start of the game, kind of) since he runs a Dandywarrior deck, even if you face complete jokes like Crystal Beasts and a terribad Watt deck after that.
Also, why the hell won't Konami do Speed Spell - Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru? Gee, thanks a lot. I can see you like the Archetype by making them completely unplayable in a certain game mode. Jerks.

On Pokemon: I'm tired of reading about this, next.

On Dept. Heaven: You had me on Atlus. I don't have a GBA nor a PSP though, so that's lame. :(

On Random Gunshots Right Now: waitwat. I guess... I dunno, gl with that, man. I live near a drug-dealing spot on a dangerous town, so I kinda know what you're talking about.

Edited by Ritokure, 11 March 2011 - 08:04 AM.

#25 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

EDIT: Random gunshots right now. Sheesh.

Be careful, Sho. :S

On the gaming note: What's your overall impression with Gen5 Pokemonz? I'm still debating if I want to pick it up or not. I've heard a lot of praise so far, so I'm curious. n00bdragon told me last night that it's the best one they've ever made. What do you think of the Pokes themselves?

#26 Divinegon Oldies Imaginary Portuguese Nazi Zombie Robot Ninja etc. 479 posts 0.00 XCB

Divinegon
  • Interests:Days.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

Play Knights in the Nightmare and enjoy it Sho. It's hard, it's complex, it's frantic, it's awesome, it's beautiful and it's got like 6 endings. And I only got one yet. AGH! Mine is on the DS though.

Along with that I still have to replay Etrian Odyssey 3 so I can think about making a story based on it. And then there's Disgaea. Still haven't finished despite being on endgame.

And now I caved in and got Pokemon Black. And I'm liking it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF----

It's times like these that I hate sleeping.

But yeah, Pokemon. I am so pissed off that they took out that little feature that described a move when you picked it into a battle. I so hated not having that before, loved when they finally implemented it so I could know what was an Attack and what was a Sp. Attack and all those shenanigans.

As for the Pokemon designs I'm rather liking them. Purrloin sucks and Patrat looks like a squirrel version of Bugs Bunny but I absolutely love Lillipup. Look at him, he looks like a pup that was born in a Victorian London time. All he lacks is the monocle and the top hat.

Also when are they going to stop making HM easily undeletable? Argh!

Still, people are saying it's easier to grind in this game. I don't know, for some reason I have the keen sensation wild Pokemon give less exp than usual while Pokemon battles bumped up the amount by a lot.

I'm afraid of playing the YGO 2011 DS game, Sho. Every time I do that I end up getting addicted again and return to YVD dueling, and I really want to continue resisting that urge.

As for random gunshots be careful. I heard those are more dangerous than purposely aimed gunshots.

#27 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

At the start of the game (like around levels 5-8) grinding IS easier because of the EXP values favoring unevolved types. But beyond that, the grinding gets to be murder. Audion (or however you spell it) is nice, as its sole purpose is to be just a big bag of EXP. Getting 700+ Exp on a battle before your first Gym IS nice. But sadly, this pokemon gets rarer and rarer the further you go. From then on, the usual lack of exp you get from an unevolved pokemon vs an evolved one becomes more apparant. And with this being a completely fresh batch of Pokemon, theres ALOT of guys to make room for, so you're facing 90% of the time unevolved Pokemon, and getting 150-200 EXP a battle. And this is up to the 5th Gym still. You get lucky and run into SOME evolved forms, which double that amount, but still, slow going.

HMs are hard to delete... and now TMs are forever too. Yeah, the TMs are multi-use now. Do you know how ANNOYING thats going to be at the end game if you want to teach a new team you want to be competitive a HM move? If this is the formula for future Pokemon games, for the most part I'm ok with it, but the storage system needs a major retweak.

#28 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

@ Ritokure: Yeah, Deck Analysis is kinda horrible at times. For that matter, my Chaos Plant Deck is ranked SS too xD But I'll make Merchant Pot Turbo just to see what it has to say about a 30-monster Deck. That or Gallis-based High Monster Beats with 40 monsters xD

Also, as Divinegon mentioned, you can play Knights in the Nightmare on DS too, so if you have DS give it a try. You can also emulate Yggdra and Riviera with a GBA emu xD I can't talk about details on the forum, but PM and I'll get you the stuffs for it if you want them.

@ Blaze: I'll get absorbed into it today, so I'll tell you later today what's up with Gen 5. From the little I played, I can tell you a few things though. Visually it's awesome, I liked the small things they did with the battle system, the overworld, the speech bubbles, etc. The Pokémon seem interesting, even the basic ones like Lillypup, since its stage 2 form can learn Elemental Fangs via move relearner and can have Intimidate. It also kept several aspects from Gen 4, like the Bag versatility. The only thing I'd love would be a way to know the IVs and EVs in the game xD But so far it's been good.

@ Divinegon: Oh, so it's not my imagination. Yeah, wild Pokémon give less EXP, while Pokémon battles give A LOT of Exp. A Lv7 trained one usually gave you like 50-60 EXP, but it's giving from 75 to 88 now, while a Wild Lv4 gave around 27 and is giving now 23. Even Lv2 Pokémon gave you over 10 Exp, and you get 7-8 this time. But for some reason, some Pokémon level up more easily. I know Lillypup reached Lv12 before Snivy did.

If you want to play a YGO game, definitely don't play the DS ones. They make you rage a lot with lag and graphics xD And I love Dept. Heaven sagas having multiple endings. Once I finish the game, I'd research/replay to see what the canon ending is.

@ Red: waitwhat. TMs don't break. Really. Best news ever.

#29 Divinegon Oldies Imaginary Portuguese Nazi Zombie Robot Ninja etc. 479 posts 0.00 XCB

Divinegon
  • Interests:Days.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

Ah but I did play the 2009 and 2010 and got completely addicted to them Sho. My problem isn't not liking them, it's the exact opposite. xD

Still good to know I'm not the only one noticing the exp thing. Terribly weird. And I still don't understand their design decision to take out move descriptions in battles and to remove the touch functionalities that were in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Having several endings is great but considering the game is hard on its own and that it is long as heck, it takes a good while to see them. And by then you have to be very careful to not miss the events that make you see certain endings. Sometimes I'm not even sure if I got it and having to play 4-5 missions before discovering I didn't, only to go all the way back is terribly iffy.

#30 Inferdirty Death Gunman Oldies The one who fights 87 posts 0.00 XCB

Inferdirty Death Gunman
  • Interests:Protect the weak, fight for justice and of course, Summon the Black Rose Dragon !

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

How did you got a copy of WC11 so early? that's so so cool I mean, as you said it is not the best game to practice YGO but it contains all sets until STOR...ok that's not really cool if you think it through beacause if you consider the ORIGINAL release date it should contain until EXVC. Anyway pokémon...well all I can say is that the visual effects are mind-blowing but many of the previous mechanics stay, nothing exciting about bokemón battles and the quited your pokémon pal, I was hoping to get my Otter behind me T-T, but overall is a good game I'm playing the Black version so if you want to trade or battle anytime just ask for it and I'll be more than pleased pal =) .

#31 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

How did you got a copy of WC11 so early? that's so so cool I mean, as you said it is not the best game to practice YGO but it contains all sets until STOR...ok that's not really cool if you think it through beacause if you consider the ORIGINAL release date it should contain until EXVC. Anyway pokémon...well all I can say is that the visual effects are mind-blowing but many of the previous mechanics stay, nothing exciting about bokemón battles and the quited your pokémon pal, I was hoping to get my Otter behind me T-T, but overall is a good game I'm playing the Black version so if you want to trade or battle anytime just ask for it and I'll be more than pleased pal =) .

Sadly I'm poor, so I don't have a DS or games for it, meaning I play via emulators. I can't trade or battle with you, sadly D: But if I get a DS, will try to.

Also, WC 2011 is out in Japan, and the Japanese game can be played in English. IDK what other languages are in the game besides Jap and Eng though.

Speaking of Japan, IDK how things are out there, but I hope people is okay. I don't like hearing about these tragedies at all. Here in Mexico things are okay, nothing really dangerous came. Warnings everywhere though, at least in parts where they should be issued.

Here in Durango, nothing happens. No earthquakes, cyclones, hurricanes, tsunami, nothing. Absolutely no natural disasters, save the occasional floods due to rain, but those are because the government is dumb and doesn't take the needed measures in advance and because people is dumb and they still settle to live in areas that get flooded easily even though they're told to evacuate and stuff. Other than that, natural disasters aren't a problem here. Before the drug dealer issues, nothing happened here, ever. It's kinda sad that when something finally happens here, it's gotta be like this.

Anyways, lots of prayers for the Japanese and people nearby.

#32 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

I was shocked at hearing the news about Japan too. Apparently (though I'm not sure of this) they originally said the quake had a magnitude of 8, then they changed it to 9. The death toll is supposed to be past 10,000 already.

On an interesting note relating to this, Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri was believed to have been killed as a result of the earthquake, though it was later confirmed by Ken Sugimori that he is alive and well. No one at Nintendo of Japan or Game Freak was hurt either.

#33 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

So.
Damn.
Pissed.
Seriously.

If something pisses me off and saddens me is when I start losing faith in humanity. Not because of the lulzy fails or nonserious stuff like that, but because things are just so unfair.

EDIT: Post edited to avoid dangerous stuff.

Edited by Sho Shinjo, 15 March 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#34 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

Well, what I do is play a violent video game. When I start playing I get even more angry, but then I get into the game and forget about it entirely.

#35 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your family's struggle, and the struggle that lies ahead now. My condolences to both you and your family. I wish I had the words to comfort you, but I am at a loss. It truly is sickening that a group of people, or even any one person is capable of such despicable actions...I hope those responsible are found and brought to justice.

#36 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'm more calm now. Talking to people does wonders.

@ Siyanor: I don't really enjoy those games, but thanks for the suggestion anyways xD I'll probably start playing Knights in the Nightmare, so I can focus on the probably complex system it should have.

@ ShadowDemon: Leaving a word or two is more than enough dude, thanks a lot. I hope those guys get what they deserve. Probably the "justice" won't do a thing, they're tied on these issues too, but people get what they earn. Those guys are earning more than a few hells.

Anyways. I'll do a bit more gaming and then come back with a different topic. Sorry for taking out the bad news on you guys.

#37 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

I'm dreadfully sorry to hear about that, Sho. I couldn't even imagine what you're going through. Best wishes to you and yours, you brave soul. Take care of yourself.

#38 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'm really sorry that happened. Honestly, I couldn't begin to imagine how to deal with that. Maybe try to console his close family members, if you can muster it. Other than that, theres nothing much you can do. I hope that so-called friend gets his just due though, whether its in a jail cell or a box. People, no, animals like that shouldn't be given any mercy.

#39 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. You're family lost so much, so some a-holes could gain so little (no amount of currency is equal to a human life).

The details and stuff are rough... but at the very least, the body WAS found. Some get far less than that, especially in the situation of your area. At the very least, its closure, and your family can at least take solice that your cousin can no longer be a victim.

Though, makes me worry more for ya bro. It takes some real hardcore rough dude to do what they did to your cousin just for money.

But yeah, trying to be a more calm and solemn guy here, but the details alone are pissing me off too. If anyone had done that to a member of my family, I'd be out for blood. Then again, I'm genetically violent.

#40 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the support guys.

I think I might delete some blog entries, for my own and my family's safety. Who know where those guys are lurking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Game, Randomness, YGO, Games, Life, Muffins, Tacos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users