Photo
- - - - - 228 replies to this topic

Shinjo's Dimension - Fak u alcohol

The Game, Randomness, YGO, Games and 3 more...

• Please log in to reply

#221 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

Man, I agree completely. If you enjoy it, you want to spend the time and learn combos for it - inside and out. You'll have to duel my Nordics soon. I'd also want to use that match to learn how you use your deck. I like Geargias a lot, but I didn't really win with them.

Heh, congrats on winning! Screw the meta, damn. You've done good!

Edited by Jesse, 03 August 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#222 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

And for a random different topic: Exarion was talking about non-English TCG releases in IRC. I mentioned that the European foil looks better than the American one. I know this because all Spanish cards come from Europe, so I took a pic to compare:

Posted Image

You can see the Spanish GGX shine all across the card, while the English one only shines within the pic. The colors are darker in the European releases too, but they look better IMHO.

Also, that BPED mat is a gift from Lancer. Danke Lancer~

#223 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Because this is kinda long for a status update, blog post!

I've been relatively okay lately, other than some headaches and almost getting a cold again. Still, as you guys have seen lately, I haven't been around too much.

It happens that my grandpa (the only one alive, for that matter) was hospitalized recently. He got salmonella because of food, and he ended up in the hospital...

...or so the story says. The truth is that, while he did get that, he also had a problem with alcohol. My grandpa always drinks a lot, since I remember. He's 80 now, so that's... like 60-65 years drinking? Something like that.

The thing is, lately he hadn't been eating, yet he drank too much. And when he finally ate something, it was on a cheap restaurant and he got food poisoning. He ended up in a really bad shape, losing about 9 Kg and requiring lots of medicines to actually rest. Because of the high alcohol levels on his blood, they basically gave him enough medicine to knock someone out cold in less than 5 minutes just to make him stay put and pseudo-sleep.

He lost a lot of salts and electrolytes because of that, and as a result he developed a condition where he's in grave danger of having a heart attack. Fortunately, we're still on time to treat him, so if he takes his medicines and nothing major happens, he should be okay with that treatment.

The problem is that we have to be taking care of him 24/7, and as such we're all taking turns to watch over him. I actually stayed at his house yesterday to watch him during the night. (And I have a headache because of lack of sleep xD Nothing that a quick rest won't heal tho'.) Since we got the heart attack warning today, he's currently in my house, and my mother and sister are watching over him. They're both paramedics, so they know their stuff. Unless something really major happens, he's in the best of care.

But, I still need to be available for whatever comes up, so I won't be around as much until the situation stabilizes a bit. I'll still come on the interwebs, still check on XC and Facebook and still chat about whatever you want to, but I may not be available suddenly if something comes up.

I'm perfectly okay though, so if there's someone willing to worry, fear not: This taco will probably live long enough to watch the Earth split in two, or something.

Anyway, don't be surprised if you don't see me too often these days. I'll eventually come back full time once things settle down.

#224 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Oh noes! Poor granddaddy taco! I hope everything goes well with his treatment. You're such a great person watching over him. My grandfather on my mother's side is actually an alcoholic too, and remarkably he's still alive (90 years old). Too bad he has Alzheimer's though.

Your life comes first, and we'll always be here waiting, taco. Actually...

My taco better come back fast, hot, and ready because I'm fuckin' starving.

#225 Flame Effigy Oldies Hot Fisting Action 1313 posts 0.00 XCB

Flame Effigy
  • Interests:Selling Bridges

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I am going to make a post that is not constructive at all but shows that I care.
Uhm.
Uhm.
...lolis.

#226 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Oh noes! Poor granddaddy taco! I hope everything goes well with his treatment. You're such a great person watching over him. My grandfather on my mother's side is actually an alcoholic too, and remarkably he's still alive (90 years old). Too bad he has Alzheimer's though.

Your life comes first, and we'll always be here waiting, taco. Actually...

My taco better come back fast, hot, and ready because I'm fuckin' starving.

I don't know why I saw that last line coming x'D Thanks miss.

I am going to make a post that is not constructive at all but shows that I care.
Uhm.
Uhm.
...lolis.

Making me chuckle is part of your job, Effigy x'D Danke.

Also, small update! It seems my grandfather is reacting positively to the medicines. His breathing is less erratic and his blood pressure reached more normal values.

The doc said to keep him under observation for two days, and if he didn't get better then to the hospital we go. But so far he's good. It's still the start, but seeing him have good results is a wonderful thing nonetheless.

#227 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

yeah my grandpa died before i was born but my grandpa on my stepfather's side is still alive over in englandland i forget how old he is but he sure as hell aint young anymore (we went to a restaurant last time we went to england on holiday and we walked with grandma while he had a motorised wheelchair thingy)
so yeah i cant say i feel your pain bro but i hope everything goes alright for grandpappy.

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 17 October 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#228 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Updates~

Not nice ones though. My grandpa barely made it to the hospital. Because everyone needed to go out, I was at home alone with him. He suddenly started walking around when I looked away for a sec, and I noticed his breathing wasn't normal. My mom arrived, and she started checking his vital signs. (She's a paramedic, if you didn't know already.)

She determined it was a critical condition so we rushed to the hospital. I'm at home right now, but my grandpa is staying at the hospital. He was about to have a heart attack. Five more minutes and he probably wouldn't have made it.

According to what the doc said, one (or several, we don't know) of the blood vessels going to the heart is obstructed. That, and my grandpa has a massive heart, literally. Because it's so big, it takes a lot of effort to pump blood.

He's stable now, but we have 2 options: Going through a special procedure (which involves anesthesia and surgery) to discover which blood vessels are obstructed so they can be either unobstructed by surgery or with medicine, or just give him medicine to generically treat the heart.

The former method is the sure-fire way to know what's wrong, but the bad side is that it's a very invasive method: He may not survive it, and it'd be painful. (I mean, he's already 80 years old.) The second method may not be as effective, but at least we know he can survive it.

The family is gonna have a reunion tomorrow to decide what to do, but I think we're all pretty much inclined to go for the method that doesn't require surgery. Gramps is too old to survive it IMHO, and we don't want to have him in an hospital forever. If it comes to the worst and he needs to go, we'd like if he's at home, with his family.

I was at the hospital most of this afternoon, but spent the time talking with my little cousin. (She's 11-12, IDR exactly.) She was very scared, and her mom was a mess. Unlike mine, her mom just shuts down when something happens. She was there, immobile, thinking and/or crying. My cousin was obviously scared, so I talked with her and gave her some tips.

We arrived at home about an hour and a half ago. Made my mom eat something, and I hope she sleeps enough. I have a headache but overall am okay.

And also, a funny story. Don't you hate when a vending machine has the item you just bought stuck there, and you have to shake/tackle/kick the machine for it to come out?

Happened today. THRICE. That's where my headache comes from x'D Stupid vending machine. But I'm not gonna commit the same mistake twice. Next time I'll bring a hammer (?)

Anyway, I'm okay, gramps is not. Let's hope he makes it through. Tomorrow I'll tell you guys if something else happens.

#229 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Gramps better be okay...

That was a sad read. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Game, Randomness, YGO, Games, Life, Muffins, Tacos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users