Photo
- - - - - 228 replies to this topic

Shinjo's Dimension - Fak u alcohol

The Game, Randomness, YGO, Games and 3 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo
  • Interests:The Game.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

Well, I was bored, and I find myself wanting to rant every now and then, so I thought I'd give blogging another shot. Welcome to Shinjo's Dimension, and enjoy your stay.

*Gives Cookies and Muffins to everyone*

Spoiler

1st post spoiler'd because of events I'd rather not remember right now.

#2 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Man, that sucks (both your cousin and your situation). I know Mexico is dealing with drugs wars and has been for a while.

Don't you ever feel you would like to move away? I guess not, you would care for your family to much which is what makes you strong for living in such a hostile environment. I look at you as a different person for your bravery.

Also, I should see if my old GBC games still work.

#3 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Sho, you are a brave and honorable soul. I commend you, just for LIVING in your situation. <3

Also, I love Duck Hunt. :3

#4 Inferdirty Death Gunman Oldies The one who fights 87 posts 0.00 XCB

Inferdirty Death Gunman
  • Interests:Protect the weak, fight for justice and of course, Summon the Black Rose Dragon !

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

I know what are you talking about men, be strong, you have so many friends here supporting you, remember that there's always hope as long as you belive in it, and that anytime you need it I'll take the first plain to Durango just to paly any ness games want to =)

#5 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

I've gained a whole new respect for you after reading this (not that I didn't respect you before). I'm somewhat in a similar position where I don't know what I want to do with my life, so it was cool to hear another person's perspective. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, what these drug dealers do is inhumane. I hope he comes back safely and unharmed, and that the guys who did this get caught as well. Until then, guess there's nothing to do besides train that Dragonite to Lv. 100.

#6 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:50 AM

@ Gren: Well, with or without violence, economic trouble or w/e, I love Mexico. If I were to be born once again, I'd still choose to live here. Even with all stuff going on here, it's a country filled with so many beautiful stuff and good people. I'm positive things will become better in the future.

BTW, what GBC games you had Gren?

@ Celsi: I'm pretty sure there are people having it worse than me and staying stronger than me, but thanks. Also, isn't Duck Hunt awesome? Now I want to play it xD Will do it tomorrow.

@ BRGuardian: Haha, NES in multiplayer is so full of win xD Thanks dude.

@ Playlist: Deciding what path to take turns out to be harder than expected right? And well, let's hope these guys didn't do any barbaric things like they're used to.

And now, more blabber. I might talk about anime, manga and/or games randomly, so be prepared (?)

I was playing K-ON! After School Live on PSP. It's a nice Rhythm game, but it's too repetitive xD Having to clear all songs 5 times is a bit too repetitive, and there are only 19 songs (and only from 1st season). I loved playing them (Curry nochi Rice is probably my favorite because the bass sounds badass there), but I got bored eventually. Then I remembered having Hatsune Miku - Project Diva 2nd lying around there, and decided to play it. I remembered loving Project Diva for a reason: I never get tired of it! xD My only problem with it is that the PVs are a bit too distracting, so I miss some notes because of that >> Fortunately, it has a PV viewer so I can watch it once I've cleared it. So far I've completed about 45% on Normal, which isn't that hard. When I play on Hard is when my fingers will bleed. The disappearance of Hatsune Miku was A PAIN in Diva 1st. It was the only song I could NEVER clear on perfect in Hard.

Now, off to make some deck fixes for Gale of Wind and to get my episodes of Thursday anime, which are Madoka Magica, Infinite Stratos and Yumekui Merry. If someone's interested, might talk about those.

#7 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

Yeah, but you're the only one in Durango that's my friend.

#8 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

Danke miss Celsi.

Also, yays, Dinosaur fever! Nao with moar Touhous.

#9 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:41 AM

Its funny... our avatars play at the exact same time!!!

#10 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

Well, one is based on the other, but it is mesmerizing indeed.

Now everyone follow these easy steps:

1.- Open the Door
2.- Get on the Floor
3.- Walk the Dinosaur
4.- ????
5.- Profit!!

#11 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Well, I'm bored again, so here we go.

For once, I somehow managed to sleep during the night. My head hurts and I'm a bit dizzy, but I'm sure I will sleep at night and won't pass out during the day, which is awesome. I'm accustomed to have headaches, so it's not a big deal. I can move and I don't want to throw up yet, so I'm good to go. xD

Also, remind me to be more diligent when I say "sure, I'll listen to this". Although it's a HUGE recording. 343 minutes of music, which is around 800 MB. I'm halfway through it. It has awesome remixes though.

Anyways, tomorrow we have the first YGO locals under the new format. I'm gonna be messing around with my Deck during the reminder of the day and tomorrow morning. I have an odd tradition/superstition with YGO: the first locals of the new format MUST be played with my Fiend Deck or I'll have bad luck during the format. Dunno why it works like that, but it DOES work like that xD Not that I dislike using my Fiends though. It will be nice using Necrofear again.

I'll play moar Project Diva 2nd though. My right hand is starting to hurt, but those are battle scars I guess. I WILL complete all songs in perfect this time D: Or at least I'll try until my hand breaks, again. I'm pretty sure this will distract me from deckbuilding and I'll end up rushing tomorrow, but meh. It will work out, somehow xD

And now, some random stuff. I was lurking, and suddenly realized I haven't gone into a vacation for years now (not counting the times when I went to visit my GF which lives in another city), which is both good and bad.

Good because, geez. My family (especially my mother) has an obsession for the beach. I mean, sure, beach is cool and everything, but we went to the beach for like... 15 years, during EACH GODDAMN SUMMER VACATION. Liking the beach is one thing, but seriously? xD And of course, my mother dislikes mountains, cities, museums, ruins and everything else. If it's not the beach, then she's complaining. Not going through that for several years now is kind of relieving. Also, my parents tend to do stuff in the spur of the moment. They say "let's go to a vacation" on Friday, then Saturday at like 4 AM they're waking you up, all ready for the trip, and you're like "...wait what?". And then we'd board our car/van/whatever and drive until the destination. We've basically drove through all the country xD Well, not ALL the country, but a great part of it. It's good they're enthusiastic, but man, let my heart prepare for that! xD

Anyways, that was the good part. The bad part is, well, we all need a change of pace sometimes. I myself would love going into a Skii trip to learn how to skii and have snow around, or go to camp to the mountains. Walking through a forest and breathing some clean air. I love that stuff. As much as I love my country, I'd like to visit another country sometime too, to know lots of places. I've lived a pretty dull life, so if I had to say "something I really wish for", I'd have to say I want some GOOD memories of my life before it fades away. I guess I'll invite some friends to a trip like that once I have a job and have a bit of money to spare.

So, random question of the day! What you guys look for when going for/planning a vacation?

#12 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

When I go on vacation, I tend to look for places that I feel will have great views... and great food.

#13 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

So, random question of the day! What you guys look for when going for/planning a vacation?

I always aim to do something different and new. Vacations aren't common for me, so I want to make sure that I experience as much as I can with them. At least, when I travel, that is. There are some vacations that I take where I just sit at home and do nothing. Mental health days, so-to-speak.

#14 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

@ Celsi: Great food is definitely something to consider, not to mention it gives me ideas for cooking xD Great views are too. I love sunsets and dawns. There was this time when I was little, we were traveling in a bus. Then I wake up and the first thing I saw was the rising sun (which was REALLY huge and red) from behind the mountains. I'll remember that view forever.

@ Blaze: I see. Your trip to Costa Rica certainly reflects that. I hope you enjoy that when the time comes D: What places have you visited that left a good impression on you?

Mental health days sound good too, but I can't do that xD I tend to think a lot of useless, pointless and depressing stuff when alone relaxing. That's why I want a change of pace.

#15 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

What GBC games? Hmm, mostly Pokemon. I don't remember where I hid my case, but I'll find it.

#16 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

@ Blaze: I see. Your trip to Costa Rica certainly reflects that. I hope you enjoy that when the time comes D: What places have you visited that left a good impression on you?

I haven't actually traveled all that much yet. I just recently started to pick it up, and I'm getting a bit braver as I go about it. When I was about 12, though, I went on a trip with my uncle down to South Fork, Colorado. We stayed in a log cabin, went fishing, went hiking, all kinds of mountainous stuff. My favorite part, though, was our eating contest. We went to some rundown Mexican restaurant (which was delicious, btw), and both ordered the same thing: A huge plate with 2 chile rellenos, 2 tamales, a burrito, 3 tacos, beens and cheese, Mexican rice, and sopapillas. We both managed to down the entire plate and I was stuffed full. He leaned back and patted his belly like he was, too, and waved down the waitress. Instead of asking for the check, he stood up, shook his leg, and ordered another one. Crazy bastard.

Other than that, I've tried to take some trips up to Denver so I can get the feel for a bigger city. I've been considering moving to a bigger city for years, and I'm damn determined to, but I'm waiting until my profession catches up with my wants. Once I've got a solid amount accomplished where I'm at, I'll start looking for bigger and better things.

#17 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

I never go on vacation willingly, I have to be forced. This is because I have a severe dislike of sweating and tend to stay indoors in the summer (though I do like to visit Manhattan a lot). All I usually need is my DS (or whatever game system I'm currently in to). Since Black and White are coming out in America on Sunday, that will basically be the start of my vacation. :)

#18 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

@ Gren: I see. When you find them post back! I'm curious to know.

@ Blaze: That kind of camps are what I'm referring to. They're pretty awesome, you have a lot of fun and stuff.

Moving to a bigger city does a lot for a change of pace. I lived alone in the Distrito Federal for half a year, while doing some school stuff in a company. It was really nice, and I'd have stayed, but I had business to sort out here. Once I get enough money saved, I plan to live alone away. I don't want to live in another place at my family's expense, would be the same as living here really xD

#19 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

I did manage to find my case. Apparently it's been where I thought it was but I'm too blind to see it. Anywho, all I had for GBC games were Gold and Crystal version. To much of my dismay, all the data on gold has been completely wiped out (and everything on crystal still remains). I was sad to see all my hard work and +200 hours I put in gone, but hey... the internal batteries are still kicking after 10 years!

So yeah.

#20 Sho Shinjo Oldies Cross Combination!! 5274 posts 5.00 XCB

Sho Shinjo

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

@ Gren: Internal batteries still living FTW! And I dunno what your reason for getting Gold over Silver was, but mine was because Gold's cartridge is a lot prettier than Silver IMHO.

Well, I haven't updated in a while, but let's see.

XC Radio has been fun. My internet sucks and I tend to disconnect, but I've been managing to handle it decently I guess. I've been getting better streams lately so it's all good. BTW, I accept requests in advance, so if you want something in specific played PM me or post here and I'll try to get that for the next stream.

The other DJ's streams are really, really good. I'll try to listen as much as I can, to learn about different types of music. Rayth's top 40 is pretty cool, except when random Jus[censored]ber fans appear xD I enjoy miss Celsi's Crazy Hours too. If you're around on Friday nights, you should all go listen her. Prepare yourself for Rickrolls though.

I've been a bit absorbed by the Yu-Gi-Oh! WC 2011 for DS though. I absolutely HATE DS YGO games because the interface is slow and ugly and their Graphics haven't improved at all xD But their story modes are entertaining, I'll give them that. Turbo Duels are challenging too: a lot of broken cards aren't that broken in their Speed Spell form. Monster Reborn needs 10 Speed Counters, Raigeki/HFD need 12, and you don't have all Spells available as Spell Speeds, so some changes are needed for Decks. Speed Spell - Forbidden Lance is AWESOME though. Cost is just 1 SPC, so you can use it right away. In a format with so many Traps, that's really awesome.

BTW, the Deck Analyzer is fun. It rates my Blackwings as SS-ranked, and tells me I should be wary of Royal Oppression. Note that I main Oppression. xD It also ranks a Legendary Six Samurai build as A because the monster count is low, and says that Hero Beat is trash. Fun. xD

Also, Female version of Bruno is mind-blowing, but at least she's cute xD And besides the game looking ugly and music being meh (although notably better than the previous ones), my main complain is that the game is LAGGY AS HELL. Seriously. You can go to the bathroom, go eat something, watch some TV, come back, and opponent is still thinking if they should activate BTH or not. ...Okay, isn't THAT bad, but seriously, AI takes from 1 to 5 minutes when "thinking". No lies: longest it took was 20 minutes. My field was absolutely awesome though: Catastor, Armed Wing, Armor Master, Zephyrus, Shura, Whirlwind, Oppression, Warning, BTH, Mirror and 5 in hand, one of them being Kalut. AI had 3 in hand and no field, so it must've been: "whatever I try I'm dead D:"

Now I've been playing Pokémon White. Just started it, but so far it's been awesome. I know I've said this a lot, but man, Tackle at 50 base and 100 Acc is AWESOME. Makes grinding so much easier. And Lillipup has STAB for that. I'll be restarting the game though: got a Speed-hindering nature for Snivy, which is awful considering it's a Speed-based Pokémon. I'll try to get a - Attack + Speed nature, since I want to go Special. Also, yays for grinding up to Lv16 before the first Gym.

Finally, I'm really eager to start playing Knights in the Nightmare for PSP. You see, there's this series of RPG games called "Dept. Heaven", made by Atlus and Sting. I'll talk you guys about it a bit.

IIRC, the first game, Riviera - The Promised Land, was originally for the WonderSwan Color, then remade for GBA and PSP. I played the GBA one, then PSP. I really loved its system: its main selling point is that you can only carry 20 items in total and each item has a number of uses. Once it reaches zero, it can't be used anymore and breaks. Also, characters don't level up themselves, but their skills with Weapons do. By doing lots of "practice battles" (which doesn't wear your items), you make your characters gain experience, Ex Skills and stats upgrades by leveling up their weapon mastery. The more weapons you get, the more you can level up. Each character also has weapons it can (or can't) use, and has a certain degree of mastery with each. There's also the fact that you can't freely move on the map, but you move by screens. Each screen you move into counts as 1 turn, and you have a high score for each Chapter, which depends on number of key items you got, time elapsed and turns taken. Also, you can choose between the heroines to have your sim date/visual novel ending, with 5 possible choices in the end xD But that's not important, just amusing. The game is really good IMO. It's still one of my favorites ever.

Then I learned of Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone. I didn't know it was for GBA too, but I got it for PSP. As another chapter of Dept. Heaven, the art is similar to Riviera, which is why I got interested at first. Then I learned it's a totally different game, with totally different mechanics. It's a strategy RPG with a card-based system for movement, attacks, Ex Skills and lots more. You have several units for combat, and each one has "Morale". If they win a battle, they gain Experience. If they lose a battle, they lose Morale. When the Morale reaches 0, the unit can't be used anymore on that map (but it's available for the next mission, with 1 morale. It gets "healed" eventually if you leave it rest a mission or two) and disappears. You can battle with/against the same unit several times, and you can gang up with several units over a few enemy ones, but the enemy can do this against you too. Then, units also have weaknesses/resistances: Cavalry being weak to Axe-type units, Axes being weak to Sword-types, Swords being weak to Arrow-type and Arrow-type being weak against Cavalry, with Dragon-rider units being strong/neutral against everything (and happens that the boss uses this xD).

Then we have the card system. You can choose a determined number of cards at the beginning of each mission. Cards have 4 parameters: Ace type, Movement, Power and Element. The "Ace type" is a mechanic that forces you to play your cards in a certain way. Say, when you are gonna attack, the unit leading is a Sword-type, and everyone else follows. Then, if you want to unleash the Ex Skill of the card, you need to choose a card with a Sword Ace Type. If you don't, the ability can't be used at all. If you choose the Ace-type accordingly, then all units that are going to engage in battle can use the ability. There are also special abilities that can only be used by a certain unit (like Milanor's Steal), so besides choosing the right Ace, you also have to choose a specific unit.

Movement is, well, literally that. When you choose a card for the turn, the movement written on it is the amount of squares you can move on the field. Power is, well, the power of the card xD duh. Obviously more powerful is always good, but certain weak cards are really good for their secondary abilities. The power on each card increases the more you use them, as they gain experience with battles like your units. Finally, there's the Element. Certain enemies/allies are weak to a certain element. Mermaids are weak to Ice and Gryphons are weak to Chaos. There's Fire, Ice, Light and Chaos/Dark IIRC.

Of course, you also have armor, weapons and items. All items can be given to units to recover their morale. There are items whose sole purpose is this, but you can give them any item really. Then, there's weapons/armors you can give to your units, but once equipped they only last a certain amount of missions, then they break. There are certain items you should always save for specific maps, and there are some items that make a certain map easy while normally is hard as hell (like the Dragon Killer on Gulcasa's maps). Overall, Yggdra Union was very fulfilling... and HARD AS HELL. Seriously. There are missions where you need to do things PERFECTLY or you die. And also, all maps have specific items hidden in certain spots which aren't hinted by ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING, so you're on your own to find them. If you ever play this, don't be afraid/ashamed to use a guide. It IS hard.

So, after these completely awesome games, Knights in the Nightmare raised my hopes to VERY high levels. Can it be better than the previous installments? I don't know, but I'm sure that better or worse than the previous ones, it WILL be a very good game. Once I play it, I'll come back with thoughts and explanations on the game's system.

EDIT: Random gunshots right now. Sheesh.

Edited by Sho Shinjo, 11 March 2011 - 12:52 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Game, Randomness, YGO, Games, Life, Muffins, Tacos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users