Photo
* * * * - 1 votes 5705 replies to this topic

Forbidden & Limited List Discussion

• Please log in to reply

#21 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

yea thats my opinion. but according to konami they did say every card will eventually cycle off the forbidden list for players to be able to play them again. but in my own opinion i think ced/bls will be the only 2 cards that will stay on the forbidden list.

one card i can also see commin off the forbidden list next cycle would be Mirage of Nightmare..

Yeah...I never got a chance to play it. When I found out it got banned, was when I discovered its existence. It would be nice just to try it out...

#22 Guest_Zero34_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zero34_*

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:24 AM

which list havent you gotten a chance to try out?

and teh new list is great and all, but i still wonder why taiyou is on the list

#23 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

No, it's not a banned list I never got to try, it's that I never got to try out Mirage of Nightmare...and I won't go back to traditional just so I can...traditional is too crazy...

#24 - Seto Kaiba - Ancient One The One Who Was Forgotten 2658 posts 0.00 XCB

- Seto Kaiba -

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

No, it's not a banned list I never got to try, it's that I never got to try out Mirage of Nightmare...and I won't go back to traditional just so I can...traditional is too crazy...

I wanna try the Emergency Provisions + Mirage of Nightmare combo ^^

<< Jaden Yuki combo, but still sweet in the tcg.

----

Anyways:

I say Semi limit Thousand-Eyes Restrict possibly. It ain't all as powerful as it use to be now that Scapegoat, Metamorphosis, are limited. >>

Edited by - Seto Kaiba -, 30 October 2005 - 02:49 PM.

#25 Guest_Blood Luster Soldier_* Guests XCB

Guest_Blood Luster Soldier_*

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

I think it's the best ban list so far, and not just because of the obvious theme deck argument. "No free lunch", as someone once said, should be part of the metagame, an equivalent exchange of resources. You have to lose something in order to gain something in return. And draw power should never be the exception, which I'm not really worried about Pot and Graceful being gone. My only concern was with Dark Hole being brought back, but since there are only a few situations where it would benefit just the user, I'll accept that argument.

I'll also say that Chaos is not dead, but severely weakened. Warrior- and Zombie-hybrid will be the first to mention as to what will dominate, but there are still a few sets yet to be released that could change that.

#26 Guest_XXXPlizit_* Guests XCB

Guest_XXXPlizit_*

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

yea thats my opinion. but according to konami they did say every card will eventually cycle off the forbidden list for players to be able to play them again. but in my own opinion i think ced/bls will be the only 2 cards that will stay on the forbidden list.

Personally, I don't agree with Konami cycling out cards from the banlist, even the broken ones. Doing so could result in such consequences. Here are the following scenarios if they get uplifted:
-Raigeki/HFD: Makes all removals obsolete.
-CED: Makes all decks obsolete and game-winner.
-Yata: Do we even need to go back to hell that the Yata-Lock created?

Cards that MIGHT be tolerable/possible for uplift (with specific regulations along with current list, though requires hefty amount of work to be useful):
-BLS-EotB OR Monster Reborn: If graveyard manipulation gets sent to 1's or banned, in addition to Premature and CotH banned.
-Tribe: If Night Assailant gets banned, and graveyard manipulation getting hammered.
-Mirage: If Emergency Provisions is restricted to 1 and Night Assailant banned.
-Mirror Force (once again): If Dark Hole gets re-banned. Actually, I have no problem with this card.
-Forecful: If Zaloog gets restricted to 1 and Confiscation hits the ban.
-Elma: If Gearfried gets restricted to 1.
-Ring: If Cyber-Stein, BBtD, and Megamorph gets restricted to 1.
-Makyura: If specific traps hit the ban or restriction.
-Pot of Greed: If Pot of Avarice proves to be inefficient.

#27 Guest_Zero34_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zero34_*

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

mirage was a great card. gave insane speed, and of course, with emergency (very underrated) it owns. i mean, you could have no cards in your hand, and with emergency and mirage, you just drew FOUR cards and gained 1000 lp. ridiculous...lol

restrict shouldnt even be on the ban list, its so hard to get out now. no purpose on the ban list with meta AND scape limited

-Raigeki/HFD: ridiculous removal
-CED: ...if you dont no why, immediately drop everything and repeated bang your head against a wall saying, "I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT"
-Yata: one of the best, possibly best beatdown cards
-Monster Reborn: way too good. i love it heh
-Makyura: with exchange coming out, no way. exchange OTK was amazing. japanese people and their insane skills... <_<
-Elma: they wouldnt limit gear, that is just stupid. and if elma did come back, still waaaaaaaaaaay too good. it is one of the VERY few infinite cards
-Forecful: this card is good without don or confiscation. deck slow, hand disrupt. FREE. way too good
-Pot of Greed: as much as we all love this card, +1 advantage, +1 grave, and +2 deck thin? too good...good ol days
-Ring: chainable, MASSIVE, note massive, damage and it is so easy at end game to win through a cheap ring

-BLS-EotB: we all know why, but it is POSSIBLE for him to come back...possible
-Tribe: not that powerful...great card, but not THAT powerful without sinister or night
-Mirage: just for the fun of it
-Mirror Force: as you said, no more dark hole. because this card is big removal, very dangerous in the new format..

there is my version. top = shouldnt come back, bottom = should

#28 Guest_hotshotgundam_* Guests XCB

Guest_hotshotgundam_*

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

personally i think that they should unban mirror force and put dark hole back on to the ban list. dark hole is far to easy to play. And mirror force, though it is one of the best trap cards out there can only be chained to an attack. so the pitch dark warewolf and mirage dragons that people run now can easily paralyze its ability. And someone could simply play a little defense nd fall into mirror force without having their entire field destroyed.

#29 Guest_Zero34_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zero34_*

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:32 PM

yeah. dark hole is definitely better than mirror. mirror should be back in exchange for dark hole

#30 Guest_LunarDemise_* Guests XCB

Guest_LunarDemise_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:11 PM

do you think that pot of avarice will be restricted or semi restricted?

#31 The Cyber Demon Lord Oldies SSJ4 Poster 1573 posts 0.00 XCB

The Cyber Demon Lord

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:34 AM

I'm pretty sure PoA will go down to one. I don't think people will run 3 of those, but 2 in a deck is too powerful. You can abuse it in ALOT of ways. In some decks it will even be more powerful than PoG.

#32 Reaper2k3 Ancient One Master of the Spam 1491 posts 0.00 XCB

Reaper2k3

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:41 AM

I'm pretty sure PoA will go down to one. I don't think people will run 3 of those, but 2 in a deck is too powerful. You can abuse it in ALOT of ways. In some decks it will even be more powerful than PoG.

It's effect makes it more broken than pot of greed; however, it is that same effect which limits it's power. It can only be activated when there are 5 monsters in the graveyard of the card's player. If some one pops up something that changes that it won't work. If some one has a Necrovalley or something on the field, it won't work. Not that anyone runs necrovalley or similar cards.

#33 Guest_XXXPlizit_* Guests XCB

Guest_XXXPlizit_*

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:15 AM

I believe it's a more balanced form of Greed. It does have its flaws though:

-Requires the 5 monsters in the field. Not too good at the early when recieved early.
-Does thicken your deck. Searchers should take advantage of this.

#34 Guest_Zero34_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zero34_*

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:20 AM

avarice really is a great card. konami is really starting to make those balanced cards, which is great

i will seriously need to edit my deck to get PoA to work, considering that i run bazoo which doesnt exactly have much synergy with this card...

#35 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:17 PM

what if duster effect had the extra effect of you must have at least two face-up monsters with harpie lady in it? also i think mirage and graceful should come off

#36 Guest_Zero34_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zero34_*

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:28 PM

then duster wouldnt be duster, it would be another card that no one would use

after all...who runs harpie :blink: ?

mirage = insane deck thinning and hand advantage potential

graceful = amazing drawing engine, deck thin, hand manipulation, grave pumper

yeah...i think that speaks for itself

#37 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:49 PM

yes which makes it unbanable

#38 Guest_Zero34_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zero34_*

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

what the heck?

did you not read what i just typed?

massive hand advantage? deck thinning like there's no tommrow? manipulation of three sections of teh game?!?!

that is broken. and mirage + MST or any speed spell 2 or above s/t removal = 0 hand to 4 card hand and your opponent gets NOTHING

mirage is better than morphing jar and already morphing jar is a potential contender for the next ban list

#39 Guest_Clockworks_* Guests XCB

Guest_Clockworks_*

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:49 PM

Does anyone think the following cards might get limited?:

D.D. Assailant
Reinforcement of the Army
Cyber Dragon (not likely)
Spirit Reaper (also not likely)

I think D.D. Assailant might get semi limited and im not sure about ROTA.

#40 GLERINK Ancient One Needs a life 846 posts 0.00 XCB

GLERINK

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

Remember that every time they give us a new ban list we have to modify completely our decks so if emperor is out it would make some decks useless but remember, a lot of cards can restrain him bottomless which most people have in their decks already, barrel behind the door (ouch) in his case, etc. if they release him they would have to ban cards like premature to sort of limit the possibility of him coming back and do a disaster but that would be the same thing they did right know took our pot of greed and graceful to make us more difficult get the dark hole they do thing thinking first mostly all the time

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users