- - - - - 199 replies to this topic

Gren's Blog: Cancer's Gone, Remission, and Other Things

• Please log in to reply

#41 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

So, today was a rough week.

1st thing on my to do list: Find another high paying job and an apartment. If I can get a job at Charter, I should be golden, just need to find a cheap apartment that's relatively close to the job site since gas is supposedly going up to $5 by Memorial Day. If successful, one step towards a (hopefully) better life.

2nd thing on my list: Building another computer for my family. Buying the parts off of Newegg and seeing if I can keep the budget around $300. Shouldn't be too hard since I have a case I can gut out and use.

Also, today I found out that my Manager's daughter did heroin. Really? I don't have any problems with people doing weed (unless I was dating someone that was doing it, but that's another story), but heroin? I don't have any respect towards those kind of people. If they were able to get clean and stay clean, great. The people that still do it, however, are scum. /endrant

Other than that I had a really good day today. 2 Months... can't come soon enough.

#42 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

Another uneventful couple of weeks... oh wait, no there was that one thing...

Anyway, I been wondering if I should put in my two weeks early or wait it out until I get my other job I been looking at. Why early? One person becoming a prick in my side for the past couple of months. Anyone who can stand him is either mental or just plain insane.

The good news (I guess) is I've been talking to someone over Warcraft. She's a pretty nice person and just last week I told her how I felt. Something might happen, but it will take time. I'm ok with this. Friends for now and once time allows, maybe something more later.

Speaking of Warcraft, I feel the game is dragging on for too long. I've lost a good chunk of interest and started playing other games again. Beat Portal 2 Monday and it was well worth the time put into it. Lucky for me I got my copy for free! Also been playing Fallout 3 and Magicka as well.

Planning on selling my M:TG collection on craigslist and see how well that kicks off. over 8000+ cards and I'm only halfway of cataloging them.

1 Month and a couple of weeks left until the big day.

#43 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Entry Date May 31st

2 weeks they said! But no really, 2 weeks for my 21st birthday. I'm excited, finally be able to drink out in public. Know what else happens in two weeks? I finally get off my probationary license! I started as a late driver if you wonder why it took so long... But anyway, I'm also excited for that. No tickets, so my record is perfectly clean. I still pay $900 a year for liability on my vehicle. Also, by that time, I should be able to move out with some extra money for supplies and stuff. The only other thing on my major To-Do list is find another job.

So I've been wondering lately. I'm an easy going person, I'm a funny guy, I like doing stuff that gets me out of the house, but why can't I find someone that's right for me? Personally maybe the approach is wrong, or I say something to offend her. Currently I'm only looking for someone to spend time with, nothing on the seriousness of possible marriage in the future, but just someone to share how I feel about things and someone who enjoys doing outdoor activities (hell, video games is an addon bonus). Still haven't really found someone, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. Wisconsin has a lot of boring people, and I was thinking of moving out of state in the future. Any suggestions?

As far as work goes, people I've worked in the past are coming back for this summer and it's edging me to stay, but it still won't be enough. Trying to sell my M:TG cards for a little bit more extra income, maybe sell my secondary WoW account too. As far as gaming, a lot of releases this year I'm looking forward too. Skyrim, DNF (which comes out on my Bday), Diablo 3, and various other titles. Picked up Diablo 2 and ordered Diablo on Amazon, going to play the first when it gets here. I'm also taking a break from Warcraft for a while. I want to experience other games again and actually play TES: Oblivion.

I've also noticed today Celsius likes drinking. I like drinking. Drinking partners? I kid, I kid. Seriously though, cranberries are amazing in drinks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you haven't added me on facebook, I suggest you do so. Just look at DB's friend list and you should be able to find me (or ask him if you are having trouble). I'll also be active on AIM again, GrenXC is my screen name.

#44 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

New blog post, haven't had one in a good while.

So, things are going... well. Who am I kidding, life sucks. Can't find another job and I want to quit my current one so bad. Been putting in random apps to places I might enjoy working or will probably work a fairly decent amount of time at, but nothing is turning up. Still have alot of applications to fill out. I can't stand working at fast food places anymore. I just feel stressed out all of the sudden.

I want to go to college but the problem is, I don't know what I want to go into. I've tossed ideas in the air such as networking and computer engineering, hell even computer business came into my mind. I am very good with building computers, fixing them, handling network stuff, all that jazz... running out of time to decide.

Anyway, I went up north for my Grandfather's birthday, and that Friday night we had a Tornado touchdown about 6 miles east of where their house was. Scary shit. Saw the funnel form with rain following it, then ping pong sized hail afterwords. 1 death, three buildings destroyed, bunch of tree damage... And here I'm thinking that if it touchdown 10 minutes prior, well who knows? Saturday was a good day though. Fired an assortment of guns, including an Ak-47, AR-15, Mini 14, German and Russian made Mauser, and the family revolver. Got drunk later that night and paid for it in the morning. All in all a good weekend.

Couple of Members I want to point of as of late, n00bdragon, for taking care of COTD during my random leaves, DarkBlaze for being awesome, Celsi for being Celsi, and anyone else who visits the M:TG forums. Dedicating a song to Celsius, A Secret Place - Megadeth. Every time I listen too it, it reminds me of her. Dunno why, but I find it strange.

Also, I need a place to move in. Damn you people living in other places.

#45 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Tornadoes are scary shit. I'm lucky and live in the weather bubble of Colorado where generically nothing happens. The one tornado I was in wasn't big enough to do any damage, but it touched down right at the street intersection that I happened to be at. I was working at a computer shop there at the time and had to shut down because of the lightning.

We had an earthquake here last night. I missed it though. Slept right through it. It was about 60ish miles south of where I am, though, but some others around me had posted some shit on Fagbook about feeling it. There were 3 small aftershocks afterward too. I missed those too. But srsly, when the fuck does Colorado have earthquakes? O_o

#46 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

When its under attack by Mecha-Streisand or Volcanos erupt?

#47 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

I lol'd @ Mecha-Streisand.

#48 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Chin up, little Gren. <3

#49 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

So I haven't posted anything relative in my blog in a long while, so here's to sum up the last couple of months.

Job related stuff... Still working at the same place, figured might as well stay until an opportunity arises for a better, more satisfying job. Jobs here are a bit harder to come by unless you like working in a factory. Got a spiffy new uniform and tie since I was promoted to Crew Trainer (one of the lead people too!). Now I look suave and chicks are all over me... /cough Anyway, I suspect in the near future that I can move further up the ladder and get promoted to Manager. Work a little bit longer under that title until I really need another, better place to work at, just so I have that experience tucked under my belt. It would look really good on my future applications. Hell, Trainer is still a decent title.

RL stuff... Nothing much going on. Rent got increased by $25, not really much since I'm cashing in more work hours. I planned on going to Oregon back in the fall of last year, yeah that never happened. Car repairs and other stuff got in the way. I haven't talked it over with her yet about the "details" but it should be around summer time that I have enough money on the side to go and visit her. Oh yeah, who is her? A friend I met over Warcraft that I had an interest in for almost a year now. Interesting huh? Yeah I've seen pictures, and we are on a level where it wouldn't be awkward to meet each other in person. I'm actually really excited for this to happen.

Gaming stuff... Not much has happened. Still play Warcraft, but that might change soon. Got Assassin's Creed 1+2 and ME 1+2 for xmas in return for gifting Skyrim, have yet to sit down and play them. Other then the occasional RB3 and TF2, nothing much. Looking forward to Diablo 3, pre-ordered the Collector's Edition and everything. Beta is fun and interesting, and it looks like a release soon-ish.

Other stuff... Nothing to note, aside from my daily activites, I really don't much of anything else. My friends are all online aside from the one I visit every few weeks or so.

EDIT: Also, plan on seeing some updates from my fan fiction again. Between writer's block and time to actually think about it, well, I will have time again to start it back up. Those that were at least reading it in the past, expect updates soon™.

#50 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Aww how cute, Gren has a girlfriend!

#51 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

She's not my Girlfriend, just a girl friend. I'd be damn well lucky if we actually started dating when I got over there.

#52 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Minor update on my travel plans. Had a long discussion with her last night, about my true intentions. She's just not ready for that kind of stuff yet. Pack your bags, go home, call the police, hide your kids.

Eh, at least I'm on the list for consideration if she changes her mind.

#53 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Does that mean there's gonna be no visit?

#54 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

No, no visit. My real intention was to ask her about how she felt about LDR when I got there, but she was suspecting it anyway and asked about it last night. Again, she doesn't want to start a LDR until she does local, but I guess if nothing works out for her, I'm open for consideration. I'm not out of the barrel yet. I'm not angry about it, nor sad, it's more of a neutral feeling. In due time, patience has it's rewards.

#55 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Fuck you very much for Diablo 3 Beta. Now get your favorite former Admin a key :D

#56 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

So, here's essentially why I've been less active. Work. I've been getting put on a lot of hours, with also dealing with a lot of stress. I've been trying to get out more to alleviate some of it, and it helps. Put that on top of raiding, on top of other things... it just builds up fast.

I guess I should't really complain. It's more hours, which means more money. I'm just so money tight right now, I'm really pushing trying to get my Tax Returns turned in ASAP... granted I have to pay my yearly car insurance around that time, but w/e. In other news, I took today and tomorrow off. Going to see Megadeth in Milwaukee for their Gigantour. I hope to have a fun experience before I got back in.

#57 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

5-10-12

Small little blurb... maybe.

Work is going well, was planning on quitting due to my depression being at the pinnacle like it was back in the day. It was the only best course of action as it was one person giving me grief. Things are better now and I'm getting promoted to Manager soon since I've been busting my ass after my week break. I won't be working at this place forever, as I wish to pursue other goals, like meeting this girl in Oregon.

With that on topic, I've told her how I felt back in January on how I've wanted to meet her in person, blah blah... she's cool with it, but she wants to do local dating first before hitting up LDR, due to financial reasons. I'm ok with it, but I wouldn't hold it against myself if nothing happens. Here is where my patience either rewards me or kicks me in the face. If we don't end up dating, I won't be sad or mad, I'll just accept it and move on. I like her a lot though, and she seems like a splitting image of me (in ways). She plays WoW, and that's how we've met and became friends. It's been a year since then and I made some good impressions.

In other news, I'm starting to hate politics. Everyone is up in arms about everything and our government is in a such shitty place right now... I'm wishing for a revolution. I'm already caught up in Wisconsin's affairs with Scott Walker's recall. I hope he stays in. He's done more good then bad for our state, and people are spending more because of it. Doyle sucked. We haven't had a good Governor since Tommy Thompson.

Also, next week, Diablo 3. Can't wait. Avengers was a great movie, would see twice. Waiting for Prometheus in June, Dark Knight Rises in July, and Expendables 2 in August. 2012 is a good movie year imo.

#58 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sounds to me like the girl is trying to let you down easy. She wants to keep you around, so she's trying not to crush you.

I would just move on, bro.

#59 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I've felt that too, a long time ago, but if that were the case, it would of happened already. I don't know, I have a different feeling about her. There is someone at work that has an interest in me, but I know the people she hangs with. Not my cup of tea really.

If I make a mistake, then I make a mistake. Learn from it and be better. I really don't think she's wasting my time. We both have exchanged gifts on Xmas. No one who would be wasting my time would spend money on me.

#60 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

False. She might just consider you a really good friend. I spend money on my close friends all the time.

As far as the lady at work: Don't judge her for her friends. Give her a shot at least. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users