Photo
- - - - - 199 replies to this topic

Gren's Blog: Cancer's Gone, Remission, and Other Things

• Please log in to reply

#1 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

I lied about the cake, you won't see that for another... 4 or so months. Cake won't be the only thing though!

Alright, so aside from the shitstorm that came and went, things have been going on lately that it seems rather odd to not ignore. Here is a list(or maybe I'm just paranoid):
1. Around last week Monday/Tuesday I find out my grandmother (father's mom) is in the hospital for colon cancer. Apparently she had this on going for two years and didn't know, as the doctors claimed it was something else at the time. She lost about 8 pints of blood the first time she went in (which was a week prior to this), and the doctor's didn't do any investigating on what caused it. They gave her blood and sent her back home. This time, again she lost another 8 pints and did some tests on why she was losing so much. Colon cancer was the answer, and luckily after all this time it was only in stage 3. So as long as she continues to do kemo, she will make a full recovery. I am visiting her this Saturday and my dad's side of the family is doing a family quilt for her.
2. I've been having some rather odd dreams and some rather new nightmares. I still haven't figured out if it's related to the whole shitty news I've been hearing, but it makes me wonder. Zombie apocalypse with some rather strange twists is some of the nightmares, as well as silent hill-like dreams happening as well. To add it up on top of this, my skin has become rather... well I don't know how to explain it. I get bleeds randomly on my head and it some other random spots as well. Just recently I started hearing voices. Maybe I'm going insane?
3. Valentines day sucked, as like any other year (only good one was when I broke up with my ex *cough*). So I'm feeling lonely again, which is probably adding to my paranoia. I don't go partying enough or really go anywhere cause... well I'm pretty boring. Pretty sad. 4 months though, and that will change.

The weather has been nice this week, 50 degrees with most of the snow melted. Now the is another storm coming in this late weekend and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sick of looking at the snow and I hate living in Wisconsin.

In other gaming news, Duke Nukem Balls of Steel edition looks sick. I won't be getting it, I'm too poor. "But Gren, tax returns are coming up!" Yes, but I won't see any of it. Have a $600+ yearly car insurance bill to pay around the time I get it. Thankfully this time I won't have to pay monthly for it so I can actually see some more money coming in. $150 for rent (live at home, yeah parents make me pay for rent), $32 for internet, $10 for WoW (inb4 wow sucks), and about $30 for gas in my car. currently I make maybe $400 a month, I'm a great employee, yet when I apply at better jobs, I get rejected. Fucking hate Wisconsin. In the summer, it's not a problem. Also recommend me a decent laptop for when I get it in the summer. How does this tie to gaming? Need money to buy games. Speaking of which...

Anyone have a PS3? Have Rock Band 2? Feel like shredded with Gren? Add me! (gotta find my user name)

Random Gren fact: I drink 6 liters of water a day. Sue me.

EDIT: Also, someone make me a sig. PLEASE!?

Double edit: I cwutyoudidthar changing my subtitle

Edited by Gren, 27 December 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#2 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

EDIT: Resized. Better quality imo.

EDIT BY ZOMBI: You broke the heart, you bastard!

EDIT BY DB: It's Gren's heart. Pretty standard.

#3 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Posted Image

#4 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Wow, I was expecting a better quality sig. That heart is too off center.

j/k.

But seriously though.

EDIT: Apparently people though I'm making sigs, guess I need to clarify more that I NEED ONE, not I'm going to give you one.

*coughs* my sig making skills have died... a long time ago.

#5 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

Wow, I was expecting a better quality sig. That heart is too off center.

j/k.

But seriously though.

EDIT: Apparently people though I'm making sigs, guess I need to clarify more that I NEED ONE, not I'm going to give you one.

*coughs* my sig making skills have died... a long time ago.

Beggars can't be choosers.

#6 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

I didn't beg, I asked.

Also, FINALLY A GOOD PAYCHECK.

#7 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

EDIT: Also, someone make me a sig. PLEASE!?

That looks like begging to me...

#8 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

You know what. Of all the times I requested in the past... what 4 years? I've only gotten two people to make me a sig.

Magic Bum is one and I forgot who the other was (maybe Mana, but I don't think it was her.)

Why all the hate? I posted a request in the request thread but no one ever reads it (or prolly care for that matter).

What happened to all the COOL people who loved making sigs for people?

/endrant

#9 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

I made you a sig, and I enjoyed every second of it.

#10 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

I have nothing to say.

New blog post: So apparently there is a bill in Wisconsin that's pushing to be passed and teachers everywhere are protesting. Here is where WI Gov Walker explains the bill: http://www.news.wisc.edu/18960

Now, I support it. Why? If the bill does not get passed, 20,000 people will lose their job, property and small business tax will be raised, and things will get worse for the lower class, maybe even middle class. The mid-upper/upper class can all dance away with there money and not give two shits. It's as the saying goes, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

I'll let you guys read it and tell me what you think.

#11 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Regardless of its benefits, it's just another stepping stone to getting rid of unions completely. While I consider myself a conservative, the need to completely eliminate unions by Tea Partiers is absolutely sickening. We should be focusing on redistributing the power of the unions to people so the union fat cats don't just sit there and get their ridiculous paydays. Instead, we see them trying to eliminate unions altogether. Next, you'll hear talk about abolishing minimum wage.

For a bunch of religious bastards who despise evolution so much, they use Darwin's theory of evolution in their way of life so well.

#12 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Well, personally, I think that if people were at all intelligent, abolishing minimum wage would be a good idea. But people are not at all intelligent.

#13 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Something does have to be done about the unions for sure, either way. I really hope the bill gets passed.

Most of the union workers are ingrates anyway. Is a 10% to fucking tax for them really going to make or break anything? No. But that's not the main issue, it's collective bargaining (or w/e)

#14 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Something does have to be done about the unions for sure, either way. I really hope the bill gets passed.

Most of the union workers are ingrates anyway. Is a 10% to fucking tax for them really going to make or break anything? No. But that's not the main issue, it's collective bargaining (or w/e)

It gives their bosses too much power over them to change their lifestyle directly. A 10% wage cut across the board I wouldn't complain as much, but the collective bargaining elimination pretty much allows them to gradually decrease their benefits until they have none.

I would be fine with elimination of unions... if those in charge are willing to treat their workers like human beings.

#15 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

But what if their workers are all robots? Or monkeys? Or robot monkeys?

#16 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

New blog post:

So my visit to my Grandma's place was better than I expected. She's alot skinnier than when I have last seen her. Kinda sad seeing her this way. At least she's doing well.

On the way there, I bought a six pack of Dr. Pepper that was on sale, every single bottle exploded when I opened them.

And for the weather... fuck this snow and crap. Also, it was thundersnowing earlier. Pretty weird shit.

#17 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

Thundersnowing...? Is this a new word?

#18 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:47 AM

Thundersnowing...? Is this a new word?

Sure.

#19 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

EDIT BY DB: It's Gren's heart. Pretty standard.

I lol'd a little.

Edited by ShadowDemon, 21 February 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#20 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Sure... a bunch of stuff happens last week, but this week is boring. It's the snow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users