Photo
* * * * * 2 votes 517 replies to this topic

WARNING: Very Fucking Graphic - Harpuia's Blog 4/26/15

• Please log in to reply

#501 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Oxygen is a free radical, the main factor of cell degeneracy. ;)

#502 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

There can't be excess sugar in fruits in natura. o_o

A bowl of the general cereal in USA probably has more sugar than 1 kg of fruits. =P

I didn't mean to imply that there was a large quantity of sugar in fruit, but that is can be in excess in the early hours of the day, while the body is yet fully able to process the foods you are ingesting. These studies go on to prose that this can lead to Diabetes (and more immediately - digestibility issues).

#503 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

Depression

August 4, 2013

For those of you that were wondering why I have been absent the last few months, it has been because I have been away due to recovery. I am still sort of recovering, but I feel well enough now that I can return to the things that I had normally done before... this... took over my life.

I spent the last year-plus on a site that had taught me a lot of things. Things that contradicted my beliefs. And things happened that reinforced those contradictions and slowly I tried to start following them, but was having trouble. My mind was naturally resisting those beliefs. The only reason I don't want to talk about what it is on here is because there might be people under the age of 16 reading this and I do not want them to stumble into any of those websites via Google. I'm not even mentioning the board I started from. All I can say is that the board(s) were to help people with social anxiety and Asperger's Syndrome, and leave it at that. And over the last year plus I had depressive episode after depressive episode with smaller and smaller gaps.

But my depression took a turn for the worse around May. All I can really say right now is that everything kind of came at me at once even harder than usual. That includes those contradictions on that site. (Those of you who know me know exactly what I am talking about so you can refer to it generically as such if you decide to respond.) I normally can handle problems one thing at a time, even though it is painful to do for me unmedicated, but combined I pretty much just gave up. Combine that with the summer and yes, I have a diagnosis of seasonal depression for the summer where I get more depressed, anxious, and angry in the summer (even with my current medication), and by June, I pretty much just lost it.

Mid-June I went to Flagstaff for four days. It was cool(er) than Vegas. High 80's at the highest part of the day. Mid 40's overnight. Very beautiful. Much better than the 118 summer heat that was waiting for me a week later back home. I went to go see METEOR CRATER! the two words other than RON PAUL! that must be capitalized and have an exclamation point in the end. Had my first few Chick-Fil-A meals. The chicken sandwich alone was crap. I don't see what the GLBTs were worried about missing. You have to put some kind of sweet BBQ sauce on the sandwich to make it taste good. They had a honey BBQ sauce that made the sandwich MUCH better. Also played the lottery well to my return.

The trip in Flagstaff helped me recover for all of 3 days. Then by Wednesday, it was almost back to normal, so I talked with my psychiatrist. And I finally gave up. He gave me 10mg of Lexapro to take. Overnight the Lexapro had already numbed my brain for the next couple weeks and it kinda felt pretty good to feel that numb. That cloudy feeling was kinda nice. There have been other advantages to taking it. It's doubling as an anti-indigestion pill for me. I'm eating a LOT better. Right before the meds I was down to eating 1 meal a day. I finally have the energy to run all my errands for a day, even during the hottest times of the summer (except when it's 110+ outside, which is normal).

Before the meds, during the spring, I barely had the energy to do half of them, so I had to pick and choose and then do the rest another time. I don't cry randomly anymore. And after five weeks of feeling kind of derpy, I've gotten the energy to go back to doing everything that I normally was doing, which basically involves programming. It's gonna take a while, but with these meds, I think I can focus much better.

Anyway, thanks for all my friends here who've helped me through this. Especially Fran, Kenny, Morrigan and DaisyMae, who pretty much helped me get the ball rolling. Zack and Blydden for talking with me when they could. Flame_Effigy, Cyberlancer, Exarion, Gardevoir, MyBlackwingPlaylist, kakashipwnzor, Celsius, Mana, Gren, Rayth (yes, him too), Inase_Moriyaku... I know I've left several out and I'll be adding to this list shortly, for just... keeping in touch. I've left that site, scrambled the password. I cannot get back in. I cannot re-register, lest I be IP banned. The last six months have been a blur for me, but now that the clouds are finally out of the way, I can get back to what I promised I would do on here.

The initiative. Second verse, same as the first.

I promised one year ago that I would attempt to make XC a place where we have both simulation games related to Yu-gi-oh and hopefully down the line, our own custom games (and yes, I have loads of ideas in my head). I liked Chaotic_Commander's idea. Matter of fact, if he's reading this, PM me.

There's another PM I need to get back with in regards to graphics as well that was a few weeks back, and I hope he's still here. Sounds like a cool kid.

I'll be starting a little slow this week because I need to refresh, both on the mathematical side (school-wise), technical side (XC/programming-wise/work-wise), and social side (everything else). By this weekend I should be working on my main MaveriX page and getting some kind of portfolio looking thing in by next week. And of course, WebYVD. Which I will be starting very VERY shortly. And so ends the second darkest chapter of my life. Next to high school.

And oh yeah, one more thing, you all can call me David.

Edited by Harpuia, 05 August 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#504 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

If I had the time I would have been around a lot more, but I am always working these days ._.
But I am glad to here you are doing much better. We should all have a "Welcome Back Harpy" G+ Hangout at some point. (Preferably on a Sunday night)

#505 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

Welcome back to the land of the living David.

#506 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Good to know you are getting better!
And welcome back. =]

#507 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah those forums that you visited were definitely not helping, and I'm glad you cut every tie you had with them. I'm glad you're doing better now, Harp. <3

#508 Flame Effigy Oldies Hot Fisting Action 1313 posts 0.00 XCB

Flame Effigy
  • Interests:Selling Bridges

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Glad to see you back.

#509 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

I wrote this today for my group, Major League Pokemon and for those of you that play Pokemon Showdown, it's my take on the Smogon OU Metagame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! So for today, everything that I am going to say is strictly commentary, so please take it with a grain of salt. This is my opinions about the Smogon OU metagame as a whole. It is rather long, so I might put up a video commentary on it on my friend's podcast, or possibly as a separate video on Youtube sometime down the road. There are no rule changes that will be placed as a result, these are just my opinions and something I feel need to be said.

First off, as many of you know, when we start the interleague, the interleague and all its tournaments (including World Cup 2: Arrival) will be contested under "Smogon OU" rules. This is by no means a reason for me to endorse Smogon battling in any way, this is simply a necessity. Smogon remains the only thoroughly tested set of rules out there and the Zircon's regions rules (which are basically Smogon with a few pokemon added in) uses the Smogon ruleset of banned pokemon and clauses as one of the bases for how we create our own banned list. Until VGC sets up a set of rules for singles play, there is no reason to use the VGC set of rules and thus is why we also use Smogon Doubles in play as well. They are almost the same thing anyway, actually VGC is slightly stricter if I remember correctly.)

I see Smogon as a two-edged sword. First, it is a necessity to get rid of extremely powerful pokemon that are non-legendary or "second-tier legendary" (your legendary birds and Meloettas of the world), that cause a problem in the metagame such as Mega Gengar. I am showing the massive holes in not banning such pokemon such as Mega Gengar, Mega Kangaskhan, Frisbee (Mega Salamence) or even to a lesser extent Blaziken in a region I am running roughshod over. However, there are some borderline pokemon, pokemon such as Greninja, Aegislash, Mega Lucario, Mega Metagross, Mega Gardevoir, Landorus-Therian, and Talonflame that will always be on that list of "should it be banned? Should it not be banned?" Some believe that a few of these pokemon that have been on the chopping block have been so because of a conspiracy by Smogon to ban pokemon that are too strong.

While conspiracy by Smogon AS A WHOLE to ban certain pokemon is ridiculous, let me explain the logic behind how one gets voting in suspect testing that could explain why Smogon AS A WHOLE looks ban-happy. To receive the opportunity to vote you need a COIL rating of 2700. To find out how many matches you need to achieve said COIL rating is based on your GXE which I have tested, your GXE is based roughly on your win ratio, the max GXE being 100 and the min being 0. The following formula is then done to determine the # of matches you need to play in order to be allowed to vote:

N=17.0/log2(40*GXE/2700)

The log2 function is the most important thing about this here, because this means that if whatever is in the log2 is less than 1, the result is a negative number, and you can't receive a negative # of wins. That means that there is an absolute minimum GXE required to vote. The absolute minimum GXE required to vote is:

40 * GXE / 2700 = 1 --> 40 * GXE = 2700 --> GXE = 67.5 --> 68 (because it's a whole #).

This means that, roughly, you need a 68% win ratio in order to vote. It's impossible for everyone in the community to receive a 68% win ratio, therefore only those that do the best in that suspect test will have a say in the vote. This proves that Smogon is not "community-driven" and is in fact driven by elitists.

But I'm sure many of you are saying "Well, why not only the best vote if they know the game so well?" Well, that's not entirely true either. See, say I currently have a GXE of 54 in the current OU metagame but my ass is getting whipped because Mega Gardevoir is constantly causing a problem for me. (Use this as an example). Say, hypothetically, Mega Gardevoir goes up for suspect testing. In the OU suspect test I do much better and receive a GXE of 71 and thus I play enough matches to receive a vote. Do you really think that I'm going to vote for Mega Gardevoir to stay if I'm doing better in the new OU metagame? You bet your ass I wouldn't. I'd vote for a ban all day and twice on Sundays.

Conversely, if Mega Gardevoir is one of my favorite pokemon and I was achieving a GXE of 70 in the current metagame, but I failed to achieve the 68 needed to vote because my favorite pokemon, the one I do so well in battling, has been suspect tested and I can't come up with a good enough team in the two weeks given, I get no say in whether or not the pokemon I've done so well against gets to stay or go.

THIS is my theory as to why Smogon has been so ban happy as of late and is one of the biggest holes for them to become a viable format. Much of the time, it is not the best players that adapt that vote for said pokemon to be banned, it is the players who eek by with the 68-73 GXEs who only do so because the pokemon that has caused them problems is banned in said suspect testing and thus will vote yes. Their 1 vote counts just as much as your pr0 Smogon player who knows how to adapt to the new environment well, and provides a gaping flaw in the way Smogon creates their uber-tier list for pokemon. The 60% vote Smogon requires to ban I feel is not enough to offset this problem, and is only made worse by them having no need to test pokemon in Ubers that might do well in OU.

Some pokemon, such as Mega Salamence and Mega Gengar, are giant DUHs and broken in every sense of the word that a blind man could see it. However, for those pokemon that are simply, IMO, just very good or borderline broken, such as Aegislash, Greninja, and Mega Lucario, Smogon's system will continue to ban pokemon like this simply because the way they allow the community to vote is based on only a select few. And this is my argument as to why I GUARANTEE you that Mega Metagross will be banned, likely (but no guarantee on this) with a 72-75% vote tally.

That being said, this eliminates the theory of "Smogon is becoming casual" because the requirements to be allowed to vote are based on merit. This weakens the theory of the "ban conspiracy" as well because Smogon as a whole is not causing this, it is individual people, and you don't always see the same people being allowed to vote. This does, however, weaken the argument of "Well, if you want to change it, just get the requirements needed to vote" because an over 2:1 win ratio is a lot harder to achieve than one may actually think and is a very elitist argument. This also strengthens the "Smogon OU is the same 15-20 pokemon" because very few pokemon are actually viable enough to be played. Good example, a Landorus-Therian and Talonflame have been on virtually EVERY TEAM I have played against during my suspect testing. And the counterargument of "Well we should only allow the best to be played anyway" counteracts with the argument of why we are banning the borderline or just very good pokemon in the first place because they were originally the best until they were banned.

So we will continue to use Smogon OU in interleague rules. However, we will only do so until another viable set of formats for singles/doubles play comes out that is proven to be as efficient, within the ballpark of being thoroughly tested, and without the gaping flaw that is shown with Smogon of only allowing a few elites combined with guys who suddenly "got gud" because a pokemon that caused them problems is now gone, whether that is brought up by us as a community or by someone else, and I too, will resume the quest to create a format that is fair yet comfortable for everyone to play. And this starts with my theory that the entire set of this set of pokemon (Aegislash/Mega Lucario/Mega Metagross/Keldeo/Mega-Sableye/Landorus-Therian/Landorus/Thundurus/Greninja/Talonflame) should be banned as a whole or not. Keeping just a few in (Landorus-Therian/Talonflame) will guarantee that 99% of teams will carry these pokemon.

I do believe that Smogon does a great job at picking out which pokemon are broken/borderline-broken. What they do a terrible job of is managing these pokemon. That's why any fair and balanced base MUST use Smogon OU/lower-tier Ubers as a base for creating a good tier. (This is also why I support the ban of Blaziken for good.) However, Smogon OU itself is becoming a metagame that is not seeking balance so much as certain players trying to use it as a platform to claim themselves a better player once a threat they can't deal with is banned.

Edited by Harpuia, 14 February 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#510 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

Interesting theory.

Do you think the strength of that behavior of "ban the pokémon that keeps on my way" independs of COIL rating? For example, would it get worse/better in a higher/lower limit than 2700?

Anyway, I think the biggest problem lies on Shigeru Ohmori not balancing the pokémon stats/abilities/movepools well.

#511 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

I think it's more people who are on the lower end of the GXE rating that do this more than people on the higher end, but it could apply to anyone on the list.

#512 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

So, a couple people (like, exactly two) asked me how I have been over the last year and a half and why I haven't said anything about what has happened in my life lately.  Well, if you haven't, you can always go on Facebook, look up the XeroCreative group, and that can explain the very vulnerable situation that I was in this time last year, but for those that want a nutshell version of that story, well, here goes.

Late January 2014, I was sent to the ER for severe anemia.  I was given four blood transfusions and then sent to a mental institution for not being all there in the head back then.  I spent a month doing I have no fucking clue because I don't remember exactly what I did.  I only have two photos of anything that happened in February of 2014.  One was of a giant popcorn bag, the other was of a picture of the WWE Network's opening.  I have no idea why I decided to take photos of these.  What I do know is that I was sent back to the ER in early March 2014 and spent ten days there, again of severe anemia.  Apparently, whatever was used to bring my hemoglobin levels up didn't work.  They decided to give me a colonoscopy, and I'm not quite sure why because I was haven't constant bathroom issues.  They diagnosed me, back then, with ulcerative colitis.  My parents were thinking about taking me back home to get me better, but they changed their minds because, as they told me, I was the one that requested it and they felt I was being selfish.

My parents wound up picking me up from the hospital and sent me back home.  The only images I remember of the time is of my dad's angry face at me, being angry that I have caused such a problem with my family.  Early on, my parents kept talking about how this was a result of me not having enough God in my life and not eating well, so they forced me to repent of my sins and turn to Jesus.  Yes, forced.  They like to say it was my free will, but there's no free will when you're in that vulnerable of a state and coaxed to believing that it really was because you turned away from God that this happened to you.  Of course, a GI later mentioned that I had this for seven years beforehand, but that's beside the point.

Physically, the eating 3500-4000 calories a day on my mother's diet had slowly brought me back to health.  Emotionally, my parents put me on an insane exercise/diet regimen that I now learned no doctor would ever approve of and my boss would've had to let me go of because my diet regimen was so insanely restrictive.  It consisted, literally, of only about seven foods: White bread, kale chips, chicken, salmon, turkey, ensures, and a smoothie my mother made out of kale, avocados, peaches, and bananas (and later on aloe vera juce).

To make matters worse, my ex-supervisor, who later tried to become a friend, became not much of a friend at all, as he decided to use my illness as an opportunity to bring me closer to a church.  He pushed me away from my two best friends (Daisy and Jeremy) who tried to offer me emotional support and tried to get me "real friends" as he would say, at a church.  I went once.  I hated it.  The people there were fake.  The feeling was fake.  It felt empty.  It brought me back to the time when I was being bullied in high school and being forced to go to church by my parents before THEY got bored of it.  He then told me on the drive home that I remember, "I now have just shown you that not every Christian is like those that you debated so harshly on those forums."  Except... they pretty much WERE.

My parents got me to get a new gastroentrologist to give me a colonoscopy where he officially diagnosed me with severe, aggressive Crohn's disease.  He put me on remicade and said that he had recommended surgery for me.  Not being 100% there, I thought to myself, well, I should have just this one surgery and EVERYTHING will be back to normal.  But the older adults in my life pushed me to not taking surgery, my parents going so far as to promise to abandon me if I did.  Not knowing how to cook, and not realizing that I could eat a lot more than I thought complicated situations for me regarding food, and thus I had to do some compromising things that I will not say here to satisfy my parents and my ex-supervisor in order to keep myself fed.

So I continued to try to learn how to cook.  My life getting worse and worse because I never had time for anything.  I felt hopeless, because the way my mother cooked was so damn complicated and ridiculous.  Nothing tasted right.  Everything felt wrong.  I fell deeper into depression and I started trying to find ways to get me to get worse so that hopefully I would die as what I had learned in the Crohn's forums, this disease was SUPPOSED to be one that kills you in more ways than one (and in this case, I mean financially).  My parents would eventually tell me at one point that they would never let me die on the streets, then a few days later turn around and say that they would let me die on the streets if I ran out of money because I didn't do something they say.

In June, my mother and my ex-supervisor had succeeded in driving away Daisy after my appointment with the surgeon went really bad as he said he wanted the surgery done in October.  I was devastated.  They tried to show me that this proves she was never really a friend and that I needed "real friends".  I then reactivated my Facebook account and told everyone about my situation, where I met Jasmine.  Jasmine helped me out get through the last of the worst months of my life and by June/July, I somehow, without knowing, drove my parents enough to the point where I had my own apartment to myself once again, for the most part.  July 1st was also the day I was to go back to work but it became September 1st instead.  My parents still checked on me once a day at that point.  I do know that much of the reason of their driving away was because Daisy returned to my life in mid-July which angered my parents greatly.  They were still angry over her recommended I just take the surgery and get it over with when they felt she was getting in the way of "God's work on me".

I tried to use the time to find a long lost love of mine: Pokemon.  I played Pokemon X and Y like crazy and by the end of July I had a competitive (ish) team that I started to enter the Facebook community.  I met my now fiancee, Maggie, end of July, and we fell in love immediately.  I also met another good friend of mine from the Netherlands, Petra.  I became part of a few giveaways, and got myself many different pokemon, and I even started my own tournament in August.  I finally went back to normal around the end of July/early August, and I realized everything that had happened to me.  I realized that much of the reason that my life was shit was because of Christianity.  Christianity was the reason I couldn't get anywhere in life, and why my life was as hard as it was.  I denounced God and told him to go fuck himself.  Fuck Christianity.  Fuck Jesus.  Fuck the Bible.  May the religion burn in the Hell it created.

Physically my doctor postponed my return to work to December 10th, mostly because my boss mentioned that my diet could cause problems at work and the terms of my return were too much for work to handle.  

Emotionally, I felt better almost overnight after I deconverted from Christianity.  I didn't even feel a need to take my psych meds anymore and in September, I made such great progress that my psychiatrist cut me from three meds I was taking from back in March for anxiety/depression (two of them extremely strong doses) to one: Zoloft, which made my parents happy since they believed psychiatry was bullshit anyway.  

Shortly after this, I created my own group, Major League Pokemon.  And we started pretty small.  I had plenty of time to advertise and try to get my brain back working into programming again.  I did a few small PHP projects at first, and eventually made my way to other languages that I knew.  I spent most of my time online looking for ways to make money online and found a few paid-to-click and get-paid-to sites that managed to get me something resembling an income.  I made a few mistakes and got involved in a few scams that cost me some money, but I've almost made up most of it by now.  

Much of this was out of desperation since my parents now said that if I ran out of money, they would not help me.  They will let me go homeless and they will let me die on the streets, which was one of my greatest fears... even moreso than death.

My hatred for their sick religion grew as they grew more crass towards me, but I counted down the days till Maggie would come down to Vegas to be with me, and at the end of November, she did.  I never felt closer to anyone in my life, and I felt so happy that I finally found the one person in my life who loved me for who I was, and I didn't have to change myself or anything for that.  She also helped me expand my diet to even include pizza (cheese only to start, but later could add canadian bacon) and some fried foods as long as they're made in the correct oil (canola, soybean, coconut, avocado, or olive).

After she left, I returned to work.  It wasn't very fun to be, but at least I was back at work and getting paid, as between my parents forcing me to buy super-expensive stuff and my PTC/GPT scams going under, I was running out of money.  I also told everyone on FB about my deconversion around December which angered my ex-supervisor, but my parents already kind of had a clue I gave up on the religion a month or so before my announcement.  At the start of the new year, I got back into the news/current events, though no longer actively political debating, and heard about the suicides of Leelah Alcorn, and a lawyer in California who wants to pass a law requiring all LGBTs be put to death by firing squad (not a joke) and the increase of Christian hate rhetoric in the US, where every week some born-again Christian is pulling some stunt and lashing out against anyone different from them.  I decided to take my newfound disgust for Christianity to activism, and I have joined a couple anti-Christian atheist groups, even though I'm more agnostic Deist than atheist.  I believe a God exists, but said God is one that likes to troll.

My mother then got angry in early December because of my new diet and told me I'm going to die again, but thanks to what Maggie showed me that her diet meant nothing, I told my parents about it and I said I had enough of it.  They sent me my last meals they'd ever cook for me and I had heard later on that my mother would actively pray for my failure in life and to wind up homeless and on the streets.  Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but that sounds about on par with what my parents and especially with what other born-again Christians would do.  Admittedly, those things are still looming over me and is why I spend most of my time trying to get out of Las Vegas, find a new job, learn programming languages, while going on GPT sites to make extra money to make up for the $20k I lost over the ten months I was on disability.

Basically, what I learned by year's end were 5 things.

1) Christianity, God, Jesus, my parents, and the Church were the biggest problems in my life, not gaming, Daisy or Jeremy, and the main reason why NOTHING in my life went right for me anywhere going back to when I was 12.  Soon as I bailed and started lashing out against them, my life as a whole got better.

2) My mother's "miracle diet" to cure my Crohn's was bullshit.  I had a colonoscopy in November where the doc mentioned that it had no effect on me, but the Remicade did help a little.  He still recommended surgery but being this far out now, it's kind of too late to go back, so I met another GI and he's gotten me a plan to try to help me into remission within 2-3 years provided that stricture gets eliminated.  I might need a strictureplasty several years down the road he said, but he's not 100% sure until I have another colonoscopy which will happen end of this year or early next year.  Another surgeon also mentioned that even if the GI recommends surgery, if I don't feel any symptoms, there's no point to having a surgery, so he postponed it indefinitely.

3) My parents never really loved me.  No loving parents would stress their kids to the point where they have to worry if they run out of money.  I never had anyone on my side BUT my friends... my real friends, not my ex-supervisor who was twice my age.  See #3 for why that is.

4) Born-again Christians NEVER have good intentions.  They always have an ulterior motive for anything.  They are not to be trusted.  Outside of ISIS, they are the slimiest, ugliest, most corrupted pieces of shit that you will meet.  The few good born-again Christians I do know in my life constantly struggle with something on a daily basis.

5) I need the FUCK out of Las Vegas.

And so that's where I'm at.  Maggie and I got engaged March 14th though I pretty much was set to marry her from mid-November.  My life is slowly getting better and I realize the job I currently am at no longer fits my beliefs.  I am active in the secular community and life for me has been getting progressively better.  In late December my psychiatrist took me off Zoloft and in April, my psychiatrist dismissed me entirely.  Leaving Christianity put my anxiety and depression so far gone that I no longer am taking medication for it.  I started a podcast in February with Jeremy and we are now 11 episodes in.  We have 29 subscribers on Youtube and 71 likes on Facebook.  Not much, but it's a start.

Today, Major League Pokemon is where I spend most of my time, if not on GPT sites (I gave up on PTC sites as most of them are cons).  If you wanna see where I go now, I made a website for that (http://getpaid.maverixtech.com).  Go check that out.  Yes, anything you make off of them helps me in my "get out of Las Vegas" fund.  I also made a forum for Major League Pokemon but it still needs work.  (http://forum.mlpkmn.com).  I dunno what's going to happen to me from here on out, but I know that, with Maggie and I going to be living together by the middle of this year, and likely married by end of this year/early next year, the next 28 years of my life will be better than the last 28.

And yes, I found one thing worse than bronies.  

Born-again Christians.  

Look, I understand that there are good and bad people in just about every demographic, and even with these guys, you have your Johnny Cashes and your Bob Beemans, but you won't find a demographic that goes to new lows of humanity on a regular basis than that of born-again Christians, both in a macro and micro level.  And to make things worse, 99.9% of them act this sick corrupted way.  Their religion needs to die.  Period.  There is no compromising that anymore.  Just their existence is what creates the problems that we see today.  They are the reason for the 2008 recession as they made everyone follow President W. Bush's administration's shit without questioning them while attacking Obama whenever he looks the wrong way (not that Obama is great, but where's the criticism for Bush from you pieces of shit?)  They want to cause problems everywhere we go and make the entire world pissed off at us (though if Maggie has her way I'll be at Canada by next year so it might not be my problem for long).  They are the reason our education system is shit, our resources are shit, and our economy is shit, and the worst part is the American people are trusting these bastards with the country again!

Maybe at one time I'd let bygones be bygones, but considering that it was born-again Christians that almost tried to strip me of my humanity and leave me to die on the streets, there is no more bygones.  Only shame that I ever believed in such a sick religion in the first place.

That's my update.

Edited by Harpuia, 26 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#513 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9468 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Damn you have not had it easy bro, glad you're somewhat getting better hope everything turns out good in the end

I denounced God and told him to go fuck himself.  Fuck Christianity.  Fuck Jesus.  Fuck the Bible.  May the religion burn in the Hell it created.

You sir just realised something (no offense) you shouldve realised a long time ago and something i've known all my life. welcome to the "Fuck Religion Club" my friend.

#514 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

My final gift to XeroCreative:

http://www.github.co...r27/project-dmo

Enjoy.  I'm releasing Project DMO to the public.  Do what you will with it.  Modify it anyway you like, just give me credit for the core.

#515 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

So I guess this is it.

I don't consider this a goodbye for a few people, because they will still get to see me on Facebook.  I've said goodbye to this place so many times, saying it again just doesn't feel right... but to be honest, starting next month, I really won't have much time for this place anymore.

Between my Facebook group, podcast, and now going to Atlanta for my new job, I'm pretty much booked as is.  Kenny mentioned it in another thread, and yes, I am already booked to the hilt right now and then some.  I have way too much crap to do, but it's how I keep myself busy that keeps me occupied enough not to think about life too much.  Which is good.

I'm going to Atlanta for a new job, six figure salary.  Very happy about that.

I also released Project DMO (see above).  Download it to your heart's content and play around with it.  Have fun.  Just if you plan to publish something give me credit for the original work.

Last time I did this I had a ton of people to say goodbye to, but now... no, not really.  Jazzy, Lancer, and Kenny all have my FB.  The rest?  Yeah.

So if you're in Atlanta or anywhere within a 6-8 hour drive, come on down and visit.

See ya around.

#516 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

Welcome to Atlanta, though I won't be around for another 8 months.

Do you mind me asking where you'll be working?

#517 Harpuia Ancient One Justitia fortitudo mea est. 2480 posts 65.00 XCB

Harpuia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

Software Developer at Okinus.

#518 Wylde Ancient One Supertramp 4061 posts 9.00 XCB

Wylde
  • Interests:Everything Under The Sun

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:02 AM

Come back!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users