Photo
- - - - - 7 replies to this topic

A Gamer's Boredom

• Please log in to reply

#1 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Wow, so long time no post... alot of busy shit going on in my RL. Lost my ability to be self-employed, got a job at Duncan Donuts as an overnight baker, quit that job when I was told it was my job to one way or another risk my life to travel out in a blizzard to make donuts. Ironically, no the overnight kitchen worker (who makes the donuts) for a convience store in town. Upside being, if they want me there in bad weather, its close enough that its not a big risk, and I've gone from having to gas up my van 3-4 times a week, to once every two weeks. My parents helped me get a house (I'm making the mortgage payments, but they're the ones who used their credit and put 24k down on the house, for which I will be eternally grateful). So, as long as I keep them in the loop, I don't have the worry of losing a roof over my head (If I end up money strapped again, I just tell them. My mortgage is actually 75% less than their car payments lol).

I have basically completely retired from card games. I haven't bought anything Yugioh related for a long time now (though my Transformer collection/Zord collection grows). My son ended his Summer early by shattering his left elbow, for which he'll be in a cast for a year and half along with physical therapy. Both my vehicles crapped out on me (but lucky me, the van was just really nasty corrosion on the battery). The car, not so much. 1300 dollars over all, so we're once again in debt to the in-laws. But thats what tax returns are for I guess.

Video game wise... well, its alot to list from my last post (despite not being able to really play any for about 2 months). Done enough on Pokemon X and Y, kinda stoked for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. The Remakes tend to always be pretty fun. Been doing alot of old games though. Recently decided to get all the numbered Final Fantasy games in some form, and just recently did that. FF1 and FF2 for the PSP, Final Fantasy 3 and 4 for the DS, Final Fantasy 5 and 6 in the anthology collection for PS1. FF7-9 all original PS1. Got the HD collection of FFX and X2 for PS3. Won't ever touch FF 11 or 14. 12 is still in good shape for the PS2. FF13 on the PS3 FF13-2 for 360, leaving me with just Lightning Returns now.

As much as I WANT to get a PS4 or a Xbox 1 (how stupid is that name btw?), I think this tax period though, its long over due for me to get a new computer. Plus, as long as generations have been going, its probably for the best I wait it out longer. Deeper game pools to choose from, a better chance to make a more informed choice. Still waiting on a decent Wii U title though. Not seeing any anytime soon (and since I'm not a Mario Kart fan nor a Smash Bros fan, those games go out the window). Hyrule Warriors looks ok, but I know the monoteny of Dynasty Warriors, and so not really amped for it. The upcoming Zelda title... maybe. A hell, who am I kidding. As much as I disliked Skyward Sword, I'll get it.

Strangely enough, I find myself playing alot of DC Universe Online alot. Strange since I'm more a Marvel fan, but its a decent diversion and Free is right in my price range lately lol.

Been the Pokemon Guru in my house now that my kids are old enough to play the game and understand them. Probably the most me and my oldest daughter have ever talked thanks to it lol.

Not saying this is a long last return for me, life is still not really at a stable point I'd like. Not really sure if it ever will be. Those five years of Self Employment gave me alot of spoiling, and a steady work schedule with ever shifting shifts keeps me from getting into a nice groove. But, I never forget this place, and I do truely miss you all.

#2 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Good to see you around.

Duel Arena isn't half bad of a *free* game if you feel like getting back into YGO. I quit YGO not so long ago, but I found getting into DA not too bad.
Of course, that's if you have the patience to wait for the cards to trickle in (for the record, I've bought at least 20+ packs by now, and I have 1 ultra and 1 super. Yeah.)

#3 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

I really don't see me really getting back into the game honestly. Not in any real serious shape or form. Unless we go a long drought in Transformers (but then theres Ninja Turtles back to collect too lol). Time and money just don't really go well for it. I can enjoy the game, but to ever go back to the extent I was into it? Highly unlikely. And its nothing to do with the game itself, just I feel that part of me is done with. I never really had any success with it, and progressively it was becoming obvious I was spending over a hundred dollars a month, on a game I got to play maybe 3 times a year. If the competitive scene had ever really taken off around me, it might of been different, but since it stayed so small and remote (One Regionals a year held an hour away was just not much).

#4 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Duel arena is online and completely free, optional payment. you buy packs with DP (or coins) and build a deck and duel online, they are starting to host events using Duel Arena so it may become bigger. i reccomend trying it even if you dont want to get back to the RL game

#5 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Speaking of free and Marvel, you could check out Marvel Puzzle Quest on Steam.

Good to hear you're doing a lot better. Sounds like you got a pretty nice place (that's a pretty chunky down payment, especially for Iowa, assuming you're still there). Are you still with the family?

#6 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Still with the family, cant shirk my duties that easily. Though, the down payment was entirely my parents doing (originally it was gonna be only be 6k). Do do Steam, I'd need a MUCH better computer, the processor in this one is ancient and at least two generations behind.

I tried that Yugioh thing the other day. It was ok, but how much lag i got, I cant see me dueling anyone without angering them lol

#7 Rothon Oldies The Key To Truth 2252 posts 44.00 XCB

Rothon

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Strangely enough, I find myself playing alot of DC Universe Online alot. Strange since I'm more a Marvel fan, but its a decent diversion and Free is right in my price range lately lol.

https://marvelheroes...cs&subid=509082

Free marvel game if you were looking for one. Not sure if it's any good as I have yet to play it (started league whie waiting for a beta key, and have yet to appropriate the time to start it).

all I have to say for now, I'll go back to lurking

#8 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

It looks interesting, but it'd need to have a console release (should of mentioned I play DC Universe on my PS3). Though overall it does look like just a giant MMO version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance (which were pretty sweet games).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users