Photo
- - - - - 119 replies to this topic

Year 10: Still Relatively Here Every Now and Then

• Please log in to reply

#61 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:20 AM

All I really got from that is you know someone whose name is the same as the name of a fictional ninja.

#62 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

I'm probably too drunk ot realize wtf I'm doing right now, but I took my friend out and told my bartender friend to charge my card for EVERYTHING because it was his birthday, and we easily had $65 worth of alcohol (if I'm wrong and it was more it's just mroe money in my procket) but the point is she charges me fucking $16 dollars. Seriously? I almost married her on the spot even though she had a boyfriend. I tipped her $40 for ovious reasons but it's safe to say she missed me since shen hasn't seen me since christmas.

Bye.

What would make me laugh even harder was that you actually really did only drink $16 worth of alcohol and just tipped her $40 because you're fucking drunk. :P

#63 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

All I really got from that is you know someone whose name is the same as the name of a fictional ninja.

I hate you.

I'm probably too drunk ot realize wtf I'm doing right now, but I took my friend out and told my bartender friend to charge my card for EVERYTHING because it was his birthday, and we easily had $65 worth of alcohol (if I'm wrong and it was more it's just mroe money in my procket) but the point is she charges me fucking $16 dollars. Seriously? I almost married her on the spot even though she had a boyfriend. I tipped her $40 for ovious reasons but it's safe to say she missed me since shen hasn't seen me since christmas.

Bye.

What would make me laugh even harder was that you actually really did only drink $16 worth of alcohol and just tipped her $40 because you're fucking drunk. :P

Lmao, no, between the two of us we had 8 drinks, all of which contained top-shelf liquor except for this one beer she wanted me to try which was actually very good, plus a shot each and one for her, so unless this suddenly turned into a third world country, it was definitely in my favor. I'd love to go see her more often but it's a far travel for someone whose friends don't even like to go out much to begin with anymore, but when shit like that happens it definitely makes it worth it.

I've been spending a lot of time to myself and the weather has been wonderful. I'm about halfway though Smallville Season 6, and I think we're down to a mere two episodes before the two hour series finale (which I requested off from work for lol, and won't watch the previews the week before just because I want the whole and final plot-line of the finale to be surprising.) I have faith that the wonderful writers will not disappoint, and with a heavy heart look forward to the end of what I consider a truly great show.

The other shows are winding down as well for the season, and am very impressed with Vampire Diaries to the point where it will probably be my favorite show (go fuck yourself DB)after Smallville ends easily surpassing Supernatural which I honestly haven't been happy about this season. White collar is also up there, can't wait for the summer's start to that.

I got a free week of WoW game time which I did not take FULL advantage of, but managed to get from 66-69 by the end, falling short of my level 70 goal. Oh well, see you next time I get free game time, unless I REALLY feel like playing which I don't forsee anytime soon.

With PSN down I haven't been able to play DCUO, but I'm happy I got to use my sub time at least before the whole thing. Honestly, I could use a break from it all so I'm not really LOOKING for things to do right now, I need to get refocused somehow.

I'm anxious for the last Harry Potter installment (so I can watch part 1, I want to see both at the same time) and Green Lantern. I actually kind of wanted to see the latter in 3D, but I also don't want to disappoint myself with that. I know you wear glasses and all but after getting a headache from the 3DS after looking at it for more than 60 seconds I don't see that going well.

In other news, I need a job now more than ever, since my boss is leaving soon and I honestly can't stand to be there for another minute. I've finally started looking seriously, but everything I read seems to discourage me and make me feel like I'm not good enough. I've been out of school for almost a year already and my lack of commitment to anything serious has really made myself sick. I'm not as happy and...what's the word... as strong-willed as I used to be, that's for sure. As lost as I feel right now though, it would be so much harder without the support of my family and what few true friends I have in my life, who I appreciate more than they could ever know.

I wish I could describe the type of mood I'm in. I guess the best way to describe it is that in spite of everything, all the negativity and struggling I've had to deal with for so long, be it of my own doing or otherwise, I still find myself at peace. I don't want to say I'm happy, but knowing that things could be much worse is slightly comforting. I'll never be truly happy with anything until I'm happy with myself, and I feel like this, whatever it is, is a step in the right direction.

In closing of this entry and to piggyback on my feeling of elation, I'd like to take a moment to wish everyone here at XC, not just the few who will read this, even the many that don't, and everyone on IRC as well whether I know you or not, whether you like me or not, all the best in whatever it is you decide to do in your lives. I wish you all the good fortune you can handle and all the strength required to deal with the struggles you may encounter along the way. I hope you all find what you need to make yourselves truly happy.

Sincerely yours,

SD

#64 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

Lmao, no, between the two of us we had 8 drinks, all of which contained top-shelf liquor except for this one beer she wanted me to try which was actually very good, plus a shot each and one for her, so unless this suddenly turned into a third world country, it was definitely in my favor.

Lol order Grey Goose and get Skol. You'd never know the difference when you're drunk. Show him the really small bill, make massive tip afterward. Sounds like a helluva strategy. ;)

very impressed with Vampire Diaries to the point where it will probably be my favorite show (go fuck yourself DB)

I lol'd.

I got a free week of WoW game time which I did not take FULL advantage of, but managed to get from 66-69 by the end, falling short of my level 70 goal. Oh well, see you next time I get free game time, unless I REALLY feel like playing which I don't forsee anytime soon.

Outland sucks dick. It's currently the oldest content in the game and makes the least amount of sense lore-wise compared to where everything else is. You should've rolled a new character. :P

In other news, I need a job now more than ever, since my boss is leaving soon and I honestly can't stand to be there for another minute. I've finally started looking seriously, but everything I read seems to discourage me and make me feel like I'm not good enough. I've been out of school for almost a year already and my lack of commitment to anything serious has really made myself sick. I'm not as happy and...what's the word... as strong-willed as I used to be, that's for sure. As lost as I feel right now though, it would be so much harder without the support of my family and what few true friends I have in my life, who I appreciate more than they could ever know.

Looking at nice jobs right out of college is a good way to humble yourself. They want a bajillion certifications and expect so much knowledge when you're all "DERRRRR I GRADUMATED HURP!" Yeah, it's tough. Entry-level shit. Look for it. It'll sound like nothing on paper, but when you get started, it gets better. Besides, you need to build up a resume before tackling the big jobs.

I wish I could describe the type of mood I'm in. I guess the best way to describe it is that in spite of everything, all the negativity and struggling I've had to deal with for so long, be it of my own doing or otherwise, I still find myself at peace. I don't want to say I'm happy, but knowing that things could be much worse is slightly comforting. I'll never be truly happy with anything until I'm happy with myself, and I feel like this, whatever it is, is a step in the right direction.

Content is a good place to be.

#65 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

I miss you SD. If you don't talk to me soon, you might miss out on a golden opportunity.

#66 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Random drunkeness and thougts follow this line of text!

HIIIIIII.

I'm drunk.

Naw but I got a buzz. 3 drinks with mad liquor, good bartender yay! Only got charged for 2! Definitiely good night since last time I went drinking with my firends I got charged for two, only had two, and it only tasted like there was alcolhol in one, well, that's why he got a $3 tip and tonight this lovely lady got $8.

Anyway.

Hi.

Brb I have beer in mah fridge.

(actually going to get one)

Sorry that took so long I hadda use the bathroom and take off my shoes, but you won't be able to tell cause you'll be reading this all at once. I opened the beer with my teeth since I didn't have a bottole opener and definitely was not climbing the stairs to get one. In retro spect it was a bad idea since I have a few fake ones I could've chipped but didn't so we're good. Hang on, I'm gonna take a picture of this destroyed bottle cap cvause IDK how the hell I bit the top of it but it's all fucked up. I'll add the picture to the bottom of this post which will probably take another hour.

So yeah.

By the way Stella is so bleh compared to Heineken, but beer is beer.

Work sucks, still don't have a real job, but haven't been looking either since I'm going for surgery soon. Really excited about that, and I'm looking for doctors to meet with tomorrow. Can't wait though because it should really make things better for me and after it's all said and done hopefully I can put my time into landing a good job because I need to get my priorities straight like DB.

I got 7 more free days of WoW game time and went from 69-72 on my Shadow Priest and also got a Worgen Warlock to like level 13 (or maybe it was 8 I don't remember) and that's probably as far as it'll get till the next e-mail I get that say hey come play for X days and check this out! WoW is the kind of game where it's fun while I play it but not enough for me to actually pay for kinda game...lol. Maybe someday.

I love DCUO still though so I still pay to play that, and the new DLC content comes out Tuesday which I'm really excited for. Formerly $9.99 but free for current subscribers. Score for me.

Whatelsehave I been up to... I renewed my netflix for another month and watched the entire series of X-men Evolution for the 3rd time (I also have it saved on a Hard drive but whatever. Also a few movies I don't remember, Iron Man Armored Adventures Season 1 and I tried to get into Camelot but got bored as shit after episode 3 (The girl they showed topless wasn't nearly hot enough to keep my attention for the crap that seemed to be their plot) So my Netflix is back on hold until I'll make use of it again, which probably won't be for a while since my Fall shows are coming back. Yay vampire diaries! (Fuck you DB!) Supernatural, White Collar soon (great summer season) and now just got into Suits (Pretty good so far)

I really want to start playing more of my PS3 games before the newer ones come out in October and November which I'll probably do when my DCUO sub runs out before I renew again.

Nothing else much has been going on with me, apparently I've been more bored than not now that I'm reflecting on it. Oh well, I'll live.

There's probably more I coudl say, but I can't think porprerly right now, so I'll probably end it around here and call it a night soon. I hopen everyone's doing well, I kind of like you guys a lot, but that may be the booze talking.

Thank god I'm off tomorrow. :happy:

Yay I remembered! Here's the bottlecap I opened with my teeth:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

BAHAHAHA! Drunken SD posts are the best.

Also, you're still a faggot for liking Vampire Diaries.

But I <3 you anyway.

#68 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

Yeah so. I had to have been more drunk than I thought because I don't even vaguely recollect that last post. I'm glad though because I probably needed that.

Yay for going to bed at 9 last night and waking up at 5:30 on my day off for once instead of midafternoon and NOT being tired. I feel refreshed and hopefully that means I can somehow enjoy my day off today. For now, I'll ramble about more meaningless shit that doesn't actually matter before I go eat breakfast, so enjoy the read.

The new expansion for DCUO has me as interested in that game as ever, and still keeps it at the only MMO I actively play. A lot of people think it's shit but I don't care, I enjoy it. Superheroes FTW. I love the new Light powerset and it lived up to the expectations I had for it.

I found myself randomly wanting to go to Australia for like no particular reason other than wanting to marry a really hot girl with an Australian accent. Seriously, there's no reason for me to go there at all, not even on vacation, and I have no idea why but I really want to. It probably won't ever happen though, anymore than the possibility of me ever getting out of this godforsaken place that I am so sick of. How the rest of my family is so happy here I'll never know. And to think, when I was finishing high school my family was all set to leave and I was the one who wanted to stay because I was stupid enough to believe the 4 year crush I had on a girl I went to high school with and didn't say more than 5 words to was actually going to go anywhere. I swear, if I could go back in time it would be more to kick my own ass than actually change my mind.

I legit watched X-Men: First Class like 5 times since it came out already and still love the movie to death. Also watched Thor recently which was pretty good and probably a few other movies that I can't recall right now.

On the gaming front, I haven't played much of anything recently and even more games are on the horizon. Great. More games to waste money on that will probably sit and rot on my shelf with the others, probably only be played once if not still in the plastic. Still, a bunch of people still owe me birthday presents so I'll probably get Arkham City and Uncharted 3 definitely, and then either Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield, but not both, and I can't decide between the two (HALP!!!) because I'm so tired of COD but I never played Battlefield before and while people say they love it and it's a great game I'm still afraid I'll hate it. I'm at a loss...I dunno. I feel like I'm missing another game or two that I wanted...Oh! Twisted Metal (maybe) and the new Resident Evil if I ever beat 5.

Nothing all that great has been happening with me lately other than keeping busy with work which is a double-edged sword in itself considering how much I hate the job, but the more money coming in and being able to put some away isn't bad. I feel like it's something I should've started doing a while ago. Not that I'm much of a spender to begin with, but the fact that I don't go out all that much anymore definitely helps keep more money in my pocket. The bad thing is there's nothing motivating me to actually do anything, let alone anything productive. I feel like I've been keeping to myself too much lately though so I've been feeling pretty lonely. I feel like I'm wasting away... and I need shit to do. Fun shit. With people.

Anyways, I hungry now. Time for breakfast. Bai.

#69 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

The Twisted Metals (played III and 4) were the only games with cars that I've ever liked. Dunno if I'd like the original and 2 since they're SingleTrac and not 989 (I don't know if it makes much difference, but they're apparently very different engines).

Also, why do the original and the 2012 game have the same name?

Edited by Siyanor, 15 September 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#70 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

The Twisted Metals (played III and 4) were the only games with cars that I've ever liked. Dunno if I'd like the original and 2 since they're SingleTrac and not 989 (I don't know if it makes much difference, but they're apparently very different engines).

Also, why do the original and the 2012 game have the same name?

Probably because they haven't made one in forever and a day. I don't know though, I downloaded the trailers the other day and the gameplay actually looks pretty shitty. I may not get it.

Fuck you, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

A rant by SD
Rated R for Language

So to attempt to cope with the shittyness that has been my life for a while now and NOT resorting to alcoholism, I turn to video games to help relieve the stress. In hindsight, this was not a good idea. With Uncharted 3 coming out November 1st I thought it would be a good time to beat the first 2 Uncharted games since I own them and never have before. This was not a good idea. After successfully beating Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on Normal WITHOUT the use of google/internet/walkthroughs and just going through the motions about 10 minutes ago, here is my recap.

Fuck you chapter 16, and your crazy ass fucking maze of doom with your 6 ways to go but only one is really the correct way and your stupid fucking swinging torches of doom! FUCK YOU. Seriously, it took my stupid ass an hour and a half to figure that shit out. WHY would you make cliffs with ledges that look like they are perfectly grabable when they're not? Why, Nate, do you have such a hard fucking time grabbing the one wall that IS grabable, you stupid son of a bitch? After I finally got through that bitch Uncharted apparently turned into fucking Resident Evil with crazy fucking zombie sailor things. WTF. Little fucking shits were fast, but not too bad once I got used to killing them and shaking the controller like I had epilepsy. Moving on. Mexican deadbeat slave second in command guy kills main antagonist to reveal he is actually the main antagonist, wanting to sell the crazy Resident Evil zombie disease to the highest bidder or whatever. So he raises the gold coffin out via helicopter and I have to stop him, with only a fucking SHOTGUN. Fine whatever, shotgun can be badass. Sully, Nate's partner says go ahead, I'll cover you, as more zombies swarm the room. (By the way, this is a timed mission) Round 1, fail. mission is timed jackass move faster. Round 2,I rush down the first ramp and get attacked by two zombies, put one down with ease, shoot the second once, get hit once, miss second shot, die. WTF SULLY. HOW IS THAT HAVING MY BACK YOU PIECE OF SHIT. Round 3. Kill all zombies go up ramp as helicopter is flying away. Okay what now? Lemme try jumping on the statue cause Nate likes to do crazy stunts. Jump, no grab, fall, die. FFFFFFFFF. Okay so you don't jump on it. Round 4. Kill all zombies, get to helicopter. Maybe you shoot it down? Shoot treasure, shoot net, shoot chain, shoot rope, no damage, copter flies away, mission fail. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Round 5. Kill all zombies get to helicopter, jump on statue again because wtf else can I do? Cutscene, chapter complete! WHAT-THE-FUCK, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST GRAB IT THE FIRST TIME I JUMPED IF THAT WAS THE POINT! UGGGGHHHHH Time for the final mission(s). Main antagonist has a 5 shot sniper that kills you in 1-2 hits and you get a fucking SHOTGUN you have to be up his ass to use, while he's surronded by 4-5 lackies with fucking M4s, and all you get to hide behind are breakable wooden crates. The game developers can suck my fucking dick. Luckily, SD are smart for once and runs behind the big crated wall to the far left that does NOT break and takes them out one at a time, and the antagonist runs to final stage part 2. LOLFUCKYOUDEVS. Now, Nate can pick up fallen enemies M4s and ammo. YES! Inteactive cutscene, hurry press O before you're crushed by boxes! wait wha-- CRUSH. FML. It's fine though, you just strt again right before it, press O, clear. Final chapter part 2, hide behind breakable wooden crates, same m4 army and the sniper. This time no big giant unbreakable wall to hide behind, devs say LOLFUCKYOUSD. Kill the first wave, dropp my guard, get killed by second wave, have to start over. FFFFFFF. Kill BOTH waves this time, random guy comes with grenade launcher, WTF. Thankfully, I kill him before he or the antagonist sniper can kill me, and he runs to final stage part 3. Cutscene, Nate loses gun. FFFFFFFFFF. DEVS ARE FUCKING BLOWJOBS. SERIOUSLY. NOW I HAVE TO TAKE DOWN A SNIPER WITH HAND TO HAND FUCKING COMBAT AND YOU DIE IN SOME HAX 3SHOT AUTO COMBO BULLSHIT IF YOU GET TOO CLOSE. FUCK YOUUU. The silver lining is you don't start over, just the beginning of that stage again. Okay. Two shot, trash talk. Roll during trash talk to boxes closer to him, rinse, repeat. Final set, roll towards him and punch him in the face. Interactive cutscene. Press Triangle! Done. Press Square! Wait wha-- FAIL, hit with sniper, shot in face...UGHHH. Tray again. Combo successful. Antagonist drops rifle. Oh yeah time to end this. Noninteractive cutscene, antagonist gets the upperhand and runs for rifle, cutscene randomly ends as you are supposed to now chase him. FUCK, wasn't ready, he gets shot gun, fail. Try again, roll, roll, he still beats me to shotgun, fail. MOTHERFUCKER. X twice to do two crazy longjumps and square for a quick punch. YES, MADE IT! More interactive combos. FUCK CAUGHT OFFGUARD. Fail. SERIOUSLY. If this is my first time playing how am I supposed to be ready for that! Try again, triangle, square, fucking win. Finally. Watch cutscene of him helping Elaina out of the plane, antagonist gets up, Nate pushes plane in the water so thetreasure drags antagonist under. Fuck I'm gonna have to jump over the shit or something with some interactive cutscene button! I'm ready this time, but no interactions in the cutscene, antagonist just goes under. OH FUCK YOU DEVS, get me all ready for nothing. Cutscenes finish with Sully coming with a smaller boat filled with random pirate gold and the game ends.
--------------------------

Video games stress me out. Tomorrow I'll start Uncharted 2, my last day off before work Wednesday. I only work until 3, so I feel like getting drunk Wednesday night, then I'm off again Thursday so I'll hopefully finish Uncharted 2. Maybe even play some more of Ultimate Alliance 2. For tonight though, I'll just watch Lion King on BluRay. Yeah, Lion King. Fuck yeah. For some reason, I watched "Buried" with Ryan Reynolds last night. The movie sucked balls overall, but had a pretty holy shit ending that made me kind of respect it as a whole, I dunno. Reynolds is a good actor. There's only so much you can do when you're trapped in a box for 90 minutes. The whole movie is him trapped and buried underground in a coffin for those of you that don't know.

In other news, I decided to get Battlefield 3 instead of Modern Warfare 3, but my friend wants me to get it for PC. Problem is, my shitty desktop, and even my Macbook Pro can't play it. I want a new desktop anyway, but really shouldn't buy one right now. The other problem is, I'm still pissed at Newegg for the whole "you have to pay for return shipping if you get something defective" bullshit. Yeah I'm sure you can fight it but I'm not in the fucking mood. So I was like what the hell, lemme see what kind of Asus I can get. I find two, 1 for 800 and one for like 620. For some reason the one for 620 seems better even though it's an older model and supposedly not the gaming class like the one for 850 is. Here are the links, because DB might be curious (also, your opinion would be nice):

First one for 800

Second one for 620

Regardless, I'd have to upgrade the video card and power supply right away anyway on either of them to run Battlefield 3, which means more money I shouldn't be spending so I may not get either anyway and just say fuck it, and get Battlefield 3 for PS3 like I originally planned to save myself the headaches...but I really should get a new desktop soon. I dunno. What do you guys think?

Hopefully I'll clean my room tomorrow too. Place is a mess. Okay, I'm done now, I hope everyone enjoys reading my rant. It was fun to write after the fact. Annoyed the shit out of me when I was playing though. I'm glad the rest of my family didn't hear me cursing.

In closing: CM Punk rules. Well, he got cooler anyway. This song is pretty awesome though.

#71 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:35 AM

Only trophy I don't have for Drakes Fortune is the one where you have to beat it on Crushing. Go ahead, check the trophies on Link5045. I dare you.

#72 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

[huge rant over stupid game]

I skipped this part. I still <3 you though.

Yeah, Lion King. Fuck yeah.

I was thinking that exact same phrase. I'll have to say it again when I go see Lion King in MOTHER FUCKING 3D this weekend.

Here are the links, because DB might be curious (also, your opinion would be nice):

First one for 800

Second one for 620

The 620 one is actually a shit-ton better. The processor is the exact same type, but a 2.9GHz model over the 2.8GHz model that the 800 one has. They have the same RAM and Hard Drives, same motherboards, and the 620 one has a better video card (which is actually a decent one at that). The only thing the 800 on has over the 620 one is a gaming keyboard and mouse. Not worth it, imo.

Regardless, I'd have to upgrade the video card and power supply right away anyway on either of them to run Battlefield 3, which means more money I shouldn't be spending so I may not get either anyway and just say fuck it, and get Battlefield 3 for PS3 like I originally planned to save myself the headaches...but I really should get a new desktop soon. I dunno. What do you guys think?

Go for the 620 desktop and test it as-is. That video card might be able to run BF3. Maybe not at the highest settings, but still.

Only trophy I don't have for Drakes Fortune is the one where you have to beat it on Crushing. Go ahead, check the trophies on Link5045. I dare you.

I actually looked at these. You're fucking insane. <3

#73 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

I remember. The epicness of your trophywhoring abilities are unmatched. I think I ended up with like 35% completion at the end of the playthrough and I kind of expected it to be less. It even finally got me to level 5....lol. I only collected ~20/60 treasures, some I picked up as I saw, others I was just like whatever. Maybe I'll do better with 2, but seeing as how I wanna get through it before 3 comes out I probably won't focus on it too much. I still have over a month but not really with other games coming out.

I skipped this part. I still <3 you though.

If you could only have seen the shock on my face as I read that. It was a look of "does he even have any idea how long that took me to write" look. The game from a gaming aspect wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it. You might like Uncharted, it has puzzles or whatever. You like that nerdy shit don't you? I don't, hence my building frustration in the rant you didn't bother to read, but I still had fun. Also <3.

I was thinking that exact same phrase. I'll have to say it again when I go see Lion King in MOTHER FUCKING 3D this weekend.

I lol'd at kids getting the wrong message from the movie when it was over. "Kids, if you want everything your big brother has just kill him and take it." And not for nothing, they use some pretty big words in some of the dialogue that as a kid I couldn't possibly have had any idea what they would've meant.

The 620 one is actually a shit-ton better. The processor is the exact same type, but a 2.9GHz model over the 2.8GHz model that the 800 one has. They have the same RAM and Hard Drives, same motherboards, and the 620 one has a better video card (which is actually a decent one at that). The only thing the 800 on has over the 620 one is a gaming keyboard and mouse. Not worth it, imo.

Ughhh. You're gonna make me buy it, aren't you.

Go for the 620 desktop and test it as-is. That video card might be able to run BF3. Maybe not at the highest settings, but still.

Yeah, you're gonna make me buy it. The only other bad thing that I forgot to mention is ventillation looks like it sucks ass. You get the spot in the back where the PSU fan spins, underneath that and a small area on one of the side panels. Supposedly you can add fans to the inside but if there's no place for the air to go what does that matter. The only reason I bring it up is because if I did want to upgrade PSU/video card later and ended up getting issues with overheating, I'd be pissed. I'd also be pissed if I bought the game and couldn't play it...lol. I could always buy the tower anyway and just try to rent it first... I really do need a new desktop. =X

#74 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Or you could let me build you one. ;)

#75 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

You don't need a new computer... just play it with 10 fps. I play LoL with 10 fps.

#76 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

You don't need a new computer... just play it with 10 fps. I play LoL with 10 fps.

FPS aside, I'd kick your ASS in LoL. loljk, I suck. Most of the time anyway.

Quick Updates after I scan the last post:

I beat Uncharted 2 over the course of 2 days (A total of something like 18 hours I think) and I found it easier, but more enjoyable than the first because of the new combat systems and especially stealth, even though I was terrible at being stealthy...lol. I only really struggled with the boss fight at the very last chapter, which is understandable. Tried to play more multiplayer online and I'm terrible, as I am in anything multiplayer, but nothing comes worse than how I did with the Battlefield 3 Beta...man I have a lot to learn about that game.

I'm holding off on buying a new computer (again/still whatever) because I'm not making an impulsive purchase on something like that, and I decided to get Battlefield 3 for PS3 anyway. I'll end up eventually getting one, probably won't build it myself. I'll just end up configuring one from somewhere like Digital Storm.

So with little over a month left until Black Friday, I'm looking for work again, especially since nothing is being planned about my surgery, because I swear to fucking god if I'm in this shithole for one fucking more they're going to have to rename it Red Friday because I'm going to slit my FUCKING wrists.

*sign of the cross for swearing to god*

So I go to my college site to look, and they have a "salary generator" so for lols, I fill out the info, major, education level, all that and this is what came up:

Starting salaries (The 10th percentile) for this occupation are $50680

The median salary for this occupation is $80330

The top earners for this occupation have an annualized salary of $142020

Based upon the information that you have provided, the market will likely offer you an annual salary of approximately $69700 LOL

The above figures represent monetary compensation only, and do not include any other forms of compensation, such as: benefits, overtime or bonus pay.

Seriously? Someone's going to offer me 70K? If the developer of this shitty ass program was ever in the same room as me, I'd punch him in the fucking face. (Where is DB anyway? :D ) Especially because out of the 4 jobs posted I could omnly see myself possibly getting one, only to find out it's an unpaid intership? Do they seriously expect ANYONE to work 35-40 hours per week for no pay in this already shit economy, only on the possibility of MAYBE getting part-time or full-time employment afterward? -_- <_<

I can't... all this stress and pressure I'm putting on myself is making me very unhappy.

The only thing I have to look forward to is going out drinking with my friend friday night, but I don't see that being much fun either. I can't even remember the last time I went out, let alone when I REALLY had fun doing it.

So yeah, I'm gonna go play Ultimate Alliance 2 for a bit before I have to pass out to be up for work in the morning.

#77 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Seriously? Someone's going to offer me 70K? If the developer of this shitty ass program was ever in the same room as me, I'd punch him in the fucking face. (Where is DB anyway? :D )

I take no credit for the shitty market analysis techniques.

Thing is, the program is probably right. The only problem with that is all the jobs that would offer that are already taken and you have to wait for somebody to die to get them. And then, they just promote from within anyway and you gotta start from the bottom.

#78 Wylde Ancient One Supertramp 4061 posts 9.00 XCB

Wylde
  • Interests:Everything Under The Sun

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

I prefer the bottom.

#79 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Seriously? Someone's going to offer me 70K? If the developer of this shitty ass program was ever in the same room as me, I'd punch him in the fucking face. (Where is DB anyway? :D )

I take no credit for the shitty market analysis techniques.

Thing is, the program is probably right. The only problem with that is all the jobs that would offer that are already taken and you have to wait for somebody to die to get them. And then, they just promote from within anyway and you gotta start from the bottom.

There is truth to what you say and I know this, it's just more aggravating than anything else. I'm gonna move to Denver, I heard there are good job opportunities out there...*cough* Seriously though, I have no issue starting at the bottom even for a lower than industry average salary. As upsetting as it is with a Master's degree and college education I'll deal with it, I just want to get paid SOMETHING for what I do. Problem is, I can't even get that far. Working for less money than I'm worth is entirely different than working for no money at all, which these "entry level internships" seem to be about, and it's not like I'm still in school where I can do that. At this point in my life working for NO money is just not possible, and I'm stuck. I'm not giving up by any means, but is discouraging, especially as more time passes and the longer I've been out of school. It feels like it's hurting me even more because my resume will get worse over time for as long as there is unrelated work experience on it, and it's already shit as it is.

I prefer the bottom.

Can I be on top? <3 Miss you like woah Klown the Daniel! Glad to see you around, I hope you've been doing well.

#80 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

UGGGGHGHGHGHHGGHHH

PLZ KEEP READING!

COCK BLOACKAGE TO THE MAX!

Rawwwr.

SO I feel a mixture of anger and pride.

I hadd an awesome time, because I went to see my friend's band play, and had about #70 worth of alcohol which my lovely favroite bartender of all time reduced to $36, earning her a $25 tip, still making it out on top. More importantly this girl I used to work with showed up and had a few drinks, she said I had cute dimples, so I showed them to her a few times, and she got more drunk, and JUST as I was about to dance with her to hopefully move things in my favor, my ride texts me that they were there to pick me up. FUUUUUUCCCCK.

She was early because she had to pick up my sister first who apparently played beer pong and got drunk, she's 17 so I was proud, at the same time, if she didn't I would've easily had another 30 minutes. UGGGH GOD HATES ME, or at least somebody does. Not saying anything would've happened but shit, I need all the help I can get.

I'm depressed now. The good thing is I'm too drunk to realize it so I'll probably pass out before anything else but SHIIIIIIIIT.

(sERIOUSLY IDK HOW LONG TIS TOOK ME TO WRITE BUT IT'S STILL SHIRT)

Ugh,

Idk.

Night all. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users