Photo
- - - - - 119 replies to this topic

Year 10: Still Relatively Here Every Now and Then

• Please log in to reply

#21 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

I guess I REALLY don't understand what economists, those butchers of the English language, believe the words "standard of living" mean if you would ever NOT want to live in an area with high standard of living.

#22 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

Thanks boys, your comments are appreciated. I'm sure I'll come around eventually. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, hopefully.

Lightie I'm glad you saw somewhere that Rosenbaum may come back, I usually like reading from Kryptonsite about upcoming episodes, but going into the last half of the season I'm going to steer clear to leave room for what I hope to be awesome surprises. A team up of Lex and a fully manifested Darkside and crew vs. the Justice League would be the most epic series finale ever. I'm praying and hoping for something close to it!
I'm so jealous you have a friend like Mozzie, that's just awesome.

Thanks DB, don't fret about not being online much, I haven't been on much either save for my few frequent visits here, I should make it a point to log on to AIM again from time to time myself. Also I laughed as I read the bromance comment because I came here after I read the newest entry in Lightie's story and I guess this was where he got the idea...that was great. Then again, the entire drunk theme probably came from our blogs lol.

You may be right about Florida, especially the really nice areas (or at least what I'm assuming to be nice areas) like Orlando. They're going off of what they knew a few years ago and we definitely have to look into it more. Right now we live in New York so I'm not sure where that puts us, but the biggest factor is that my parents refinanced to help me through college, so we're looking for an area where they won't be burdened by such a high mortgage, with hopefully a better employment rate, and right now that isn't here. Obviously the economy as a whole is still terrible and that plays a factor in everything too. We're not in dire straits but we're trying to plan ahead so it doesn't come to that. Hopefully we can stay ahead of, or at least go with the curve and not fall behind it.

It makes me feel better that you both went through something along those lines of sadness. I was scared I was losing my mind, but you both have eased it knowing it isn't uncommon. So here's hoping getting through the dark times will make the good ones all the more worthwhile! I'd raise a glass to you both but I'm not drinking right now. Next time I am though, I shall!

I guess I REALLY don't understand what economists, those butchers of the English language, believe the words "standard of living" mean if you would ever NOT want to live in an area with high standard of living.

It's not about not wanting to live in areas with high standards of living, or course everyone wants to live in areas like that, but it's all about what people can afford.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a job after finishing college, though I will admit I haven't been looking very hard either, at first because I was trying to get certified first hoping that would better my chances. I wasn't able to do that, and I haven't given up, but the tests are changing drastically within the next two months so I have to wait to re-test, and prepare more, but before I can do that I have to wait for the new materials to be updated with all the changes. It won't be easy but I know I can do it, eventually.

Still, it's my own fault. I know I have to buckle down and force myself to look seriously, either here or elsewhere for better employment. One downside is that for some reason I give the worst first impression, and I'm absolutely terrible at interviews. All the protocol and what you should or shouldn't do, what's appropriate and inappropriate, it's hard for me to be comfortable. I haven't been on a lot of interviews in my life either so I need more practice.

I think some time soul-searching would do me some good too, to help me build some motivation. It's something I wanted to do for a while now but for the life of me I can't seem to make time for it. I have the time too, I just can't seem to manage it properly.

So I don't know what's next on the agenda, but whatever it is, and whatever happens, I'll manage as always I'm sure. For right now though, food!

#23 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

I'd think a high standard of living would necessarily involve a low cost of living... or at least a cost of living which is affordable for the residents of the area... but perhaps I simply have different priorities when it comes to living well... I generally think that in order to have a high standard of living, one must be alive.

Then again, there's also apparently a difference between standard of living and quality of life, while I always thought they were the same.

Edited by Siyanor, 11 January 2011 - 01:35 AM.

#24 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

Beginning of the Week Interestingness and Lack Thereof

So it's Monday, and yesterday after work I went to the bar with my friends for a bit. Still settling with the fact that the bartender of my dreams does not work there anymore, and because the only bartender that was working couldn't make a drink if her looks depended on it, I was stuck drinking beer. I swear, with every one I have I get a little fatter and more disgusting looking. Anyway, I only had two, so if I did get a buzz I never noticed it.

I've been playing DC Universe Online and I've been enjoying myself even with all the things they have to work on. I'm 10 levels away from the cap which I'm really excited about so I can start playing end game content. I should reach it by the end of the week, although I'm a little upset that my boss needs me to work on Wednesday as I won't be able to play, but it is more money in my pocket and at the rate I've been going I could really use it!

I'm also 90% sure that I'm going to buy and build myself a new desktop computer, finally, after 7 years now! The reason being this one is starting to freeze every few hours and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore. I'll still keep it as a backup, wiping it and just using it for stupid stuff. I'm going to probably do it in April, so that I can use some of the money from my tax refund for it (provided I get enough back) since I don't really want to spend what I have saved in case anything happens, I still have loans to pay.

Last week, I picked up my all time favorite non-alcoholic drink ever!

Posted Image

I drank a little over 2/3 of the bottle last week and loved every minute of it. There was still some left, so of course I had to get creative. How can I make this drink even better?

Posted Image

By adding Vodka to it, obviously! (Are any of you really surprised at this point? <_< )

So I tried it and winced. I had added too much. Awesome! So, as everyone, or maybe just me knows...when you want to soften the affect of vodka, what do you do? Add more alcohol! I mean why would you want to dilute the vodka with more Dew, as awesome as it is, so I added this!

Posted Image

Much better. I'd drink it. Then again I'd drink anything with alcohol. Apparently it's also a real drink called "Magic Mountain" or something, but I think you're supposed to use regular Mountain Dew. Fuck that!

My only dilemma now is that I'm running out of Dew... I suppose I could always switch to Kamikazis again. :wub: Christmas alcohol.

I hope I get some of the things done I had planned this week, but right now I'm enjoying myself. :D

Edited by ShadowDemon, 17 January 2011 - 04:32 PM.

#25 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Good god I have to try that. I drank like 8 of those Dews in the last week.

#26 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Traditional Plug Blog

Posted Image

Vote for me, bitches.
http://xerocreative....ge__pid__698674

In other news, having to work 37 hours this week as opposed to my usual 24 is really cutting into my drinking time.

DCUO is still awesome, even if I haven't had time to play as much as I want.

<3 White Collar, Vampire Diaries Supernatural and Smallville.

I'm sober, tired, and hungry.

My personal goal of working out 4 days last week was missed by 3. <_< I did manage to stop eating junk foods and drinking everthing except water, milk, and booze.

I think I'm getting a sore throat.

I still need to clean my room and do laundry.

#27 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

My room is a disaster area too. :(

I blame you.

#28 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

That reminds me... I should drink milk before it goes bad. I rarely ever use it for my coffee... so last time I had to throw it out.

In contrast to my half-brother, who can go through a gallon in 2 weeks.

Edited by Siyanor, 08 February 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#29 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

A gallon in 2 weeks?! I go through 2 gallons in 5 days!

#30 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

Very much the same.

@ShadowDemon

White Collar - The flashback episode was pretty good and I'm glad they showed the relationship as more desire than actual love. The foreign embassy thing was just total filler so meh.

TVD - The end of the Rose episode was amazing, and led me to listening to TV on The Radio. The last episode I thought Caroline was acted very well and I'm also very curious as to what John, Katherine and Isobel are plotting behind the doors. Also, I'm fairly certain Bonnie's cousin is going to come back to help deal with that wizard.

Smallville - The extra week of delay was stupid and the return episode was The Matrix with Clark Kent, didn't care for it that much but it wasn't as bad as the masses make out. Next week we see Lex (the final growth before Rosenbaum's Lex, still crossing my fingers!).

Supernatural - I only vaguely got to watch this but it was good. The end with Mother has me excited. iirc Lilith is supposed to be the mother of monsters, but they obv can't use her so I'm excited to see who this bitch is. Also, I hope next year they move this show to 8 after Smallville retires, so that I can watch this and Fringe both live.

#31 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

Supernatural - I only vaguely got to watch this but it was good. The end with Mother has me excited. iirc Lilith is supposed to be the mother of monsters, but they obv can't use her so I'm excited to see who this bitch is. Also, I hope next year they move this show to 8 after Smallville retires, so that I can watch this and Fringe both live.

I assumed they were going with Echidna.

#32 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

I assumed they were going with Echidna.

After reading, I'm almost certain that you have it correct.

#33 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

Very much the same.

@ShadowDemon

White Collar - The flashback episode was pretty good and I'm glad they showed the relationship as more desire than actual love. The foreign embassy thing was just total filler so meh.

TVD - The end of the Rose episode was amazing, and led me to listening to TV on The Radio. The last episode I thought Caroline was acted very well and I'm also very curious as to what John, Katherine and Isobel are plotting behind the doors. Also, I'm fairly certain Bonnie's cousin is going to come back to help deal with that wizard.

Smallville - The extra week of delay was stupid and the return episode was The Matrix with Clark Kent, didn't care for it that much but it wasn't as bad as the masses make out. Next week we see Lex (the final growth before Rosenbaum's Lex, still crossing my fingers!).

I agree with you about White Collar, the last one they showed, and I can't even tell you how I felt about the last one with the old con man thing. I mean there were a few good parts in the episode but as a whole I didn't really like it probably since yet again they didn't touch the season plot. With only two episodes left I'm sure (or at least hoping) these will be better. My prediction as a whole since the plane exploded though is that Kate is not dead and that this entire thing is a con since Season 1 that Kate is in on with whatever that other dude's name was from the flashback.

Vampire Diaries- We already watched this together on IRC lol.

Smallville- You overjoyed me with the news you told me, and this previous episode with Dasaad I really liked. Oh noes Ollie has teh Omega Symbol! I was really like noooo! It was expected though after he beat the snot out of him haha.

Supernatural I'm indifferent since it pulled away from the plot again and I didn't feel like it had much substance. I'm looking forward to next week's though, it looks like it's going to be HILARIOUS if they're breaking the fourth wall and coming OOC as PART of the show. Sounds genius.

And here we go!

The night that kept getting worse, but I can't help but lol at. Let's see if I can get this out before I lose my pathetic excuse for a buzz.

So after work, I go to the bar to meet up with someone I made plans with the day prior. I got there an hour early, misjudging what time I left work. No big deal, I sit down and order my first beer with an appetizer, since I was told happy hour actually starts at 3 pm on Saturdays, not 10 pm. These two decent looking girls sit next to me, not by choice, but because it was actually pretty packed and those were the only two seats open. Whatever, I wasn't going to bother them anyway. I get uncomfortable enough around one girl at a time, being outnumbered two to one did not do anything for my confidence to strike up a conversation when they were already having their own.

Anyway, the clock is ticking and I haven't heard back from this girl, and I texted her as I got there just to let her know I was there. It's okay though, a show was apparently about to start to keep me entertained. Three girls walk in to take up the table behind me, barely looking 18 if that. Well this is the funny part. they sit down, and almost immediately this man in his upper thirties comes over and starts buying them all drinks. I almost lost my appetite it was so disgusting, but then I remembered I was a fat slob, and nothing could ruin my appetite.

So I lol to myself for a minute at how pathetic that was, and the bartender comes over and asks me if I wanted to close out my tab. Um hi, wtf? I facepalmed at how pathetic I must have looked for sitting there for an hour and a half now, by myself. So I did what any sensible person would do. Ordered more food, obv. Along with that my second beer. As I was finishing that sometime later the girls next to me decide to close out their tabs, but before leaving they strike up a conversation. Oh no, not with me, someone who at least looks their age, the balding forty year old man on the OTHER side of them. <_< *cough*

I look at my watch and it's just past 11:30. Having agreed to meet at 10:00, I realized she was probably not coming, especially having not heard a word from her. So after an hour and a half (two and a half if you count that I was an hour early, which I do just because she could have very easily responded to my text to let me know she got it, wasn't coming, would be running late, SOMETHING) I was stood up. Whatever, it's not like it hasn't happened before. The latest the place stays open until is 1 am, and I was only going to stay that late if we were hanging out and I was enjoying myself, not on the off chance she MIGHT show up. Aside from that I have work at 7 am tomorrow. Pretty rough night, but it's not over yet. So I'm ready to call it a night, and close my tab. Bartender hands me a bill for $21, not even itemizing what I ordered. She couldn't even FIND my tab for 20 minutes. So I do some quick math. 2 beers @ $3 each plus 2 half price appetizers WITH a few dollars tax should have brought the bill to $15 at most. I come to the conclusion that the extra $6 was because happy hour does indeed start at 10, and I was charged anywhere from $4-5 for my first beer and full price for my first appetizer.

Well fucking hell. What annoyed me slightly was really the fact that the bitch knows I'm in there all the fucking time, you can't cut a dude a break? She even knows what kind of fucking beer I drink. Whatever, not gonna make a fuss over $6, but I did only tip her $4, she was lucky to get that... I miss my favorite bartender. :(

Oh, and my cough that I thought I was over came back.

So at this point you might be thinking, dang SD, doesn't sound like you had much fun, you must be upset. Honestly, not really. If there's anything I've learned from this past week, it's to appreciate what you have. To appreciate the good things in life. As far as the bullshit that happens, I shrug it off, say "fuck it", and move on. I can laugh at my own misfortune. There are much worse things in life than a bad night at a bar.

There's always a silver lining. Mine is already knowing in advance how much better next week is going to be, thanks to the one thing in my life I know will never break my heart:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My liver on the other hand is another story. :happy:

tl;dr version: If I end up going to hell after I kick the bucket, it will not be for having premarital sex.

Until next time, XC!

Edited by ShadowDemon, 20 February 2011 - 01:04 AM.

#34 Mana Ancient One Cool Story Bro 4098 posts 59.00 XCB

Mana
  • Interests:music,art, life, the universe, and everything.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

Have you tried the Absolute Acai berry? omg. its awesome. Here's what I do: add ice to glass. fill glass up to the ice with the vodka. Add mountain dew until there's just a bit of room left at the top to sploosh in a couple splooshes of sprite. Mix. Drink. SO FUCKING GOOD. I dont have a shaker so i mix, but, yeah. Its almost impossible to taste the alcohol in the drink. its scary. xD

#35 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

SD, you have some terrible luck sometimes.

At least you know I'll never disappoint you, <3

Also, the grape flavor is nasty. Your taste is now questionable. <_<

#36 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

Have you tried the Absolute Acai berry? omg. its awesome. Here's what I do: add ice to glass. fill glass up to the ice with the vodka. Add mountain dew until there's just a bit of room left at the top to sploosh in a couple splooshes of sprite. Mix. Drink. SO FUCKING GOOD. I dont have a shaker so i mix, but, yeah. Its almost impossible to taste the alcohol in the drink. its scary. xD

Very interesting indeed. I will keep this in mind the next time I replenish my... inventory. I can already tell you I like it though, because I can drink anything. I am fortunate enough to have a shaker, but with my level of alcohol abuse that shouldn't surprise anyone. Thanks for the tip. :)

SD, you have some terrible luck sometimes.

At least you know I'll never disappoint you, <3

Also, the grape flavor is nasty. Your taste is now questionable. <_<

I do indeed have some terrible luck.... -_-

<3

Oh my dear, dear, boy how you underestimate me. Yes, it is true that I can drink abosolutely anything to date, but you must also give me more credit, for I am going to give you a recipe for disaster.

I was going to wait until later on in the week for this and I didn't plan on drinking today, but I got so excited having all of the ingredients I couldn't help myself.

SD's Alcoholic Beverage of Choice

1 shot (I guess it would be an ounce) of Three Olives Cherry Vodka
1 shot of Three Olives Grape Vodka
1 shot Lime Juice
3/4 - 1 shot Club Soda (I like to keep the soda to a minimal so it's not as bubbly)

Mix.

It's a very sour-sweet drink and tastes like Sweet Tarts. Fucking Sweet Tarts. If you like Sweet Tarts and want to get hammered, you will orgasm while drinking.

I usually only trust one bartender with this, but I attempted it on my own and it came out pretty damn good. Or maybe it sucks and I'm just an alcoholic, but I like it. I haven't had these since before the New Year since I haven't gotten to see her, so this is a treat for me. It's also cheaper when I do it myself, but I don't have boobs to look at while it's being prepared.

I only had a few sips while I was typing this out, and already I'm starting to feel it.

*I'm tempted to eventually try substituting the lime juice for lime vodka and see how that tastes, but the proper way to make the drink is listed above.

Edited by ShadowDemon, 20 February 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#37 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Yeah....you're an alcoholic. <3

#38 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

Yeah....you're an alcoholic. <3

QFE

#39 Wylde Ancient One Supertramp 4061 posts 9.00 XCB

Wylde
  • Interests:Everything Under The Sun

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

I enjoy your blog for the amount of alcoholism expressed and the great drink ideas. Thank you.

#40 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:23 AM

I enjoy your blog for the amount of alcoholism expressed and the great drink ideas. Thank you.

Finally some appreciation! Klown > DB + Aeon

So let's see if I can do this, the blog from Floridizzle at 1 AM, when I'm so tired it feels like 6 AM, my buzz completely gone typing this on my dirty uncle's obviously cum-infested keyboard... I should've waited till I got home.

The ride down was uneventful. Stupid Yorkie wouldn't stop breaking balls and sit still, alternating between mine and my sister's lap where he made my pillow smell like dog. Ate shitty food all the way down and I feel like crap because of it. Played some pokemon and listened to Ke$ha YEAH FUCK YOU AEON and Lady GaGa on my iPod for like 3 hours before it died and wouldn't recharge.

Was 3-5 minutes from Celsi's house:

Posted Image

Would've been cool and weird to say hi and maybe have a drink, but then I remembered I wasn't a creepy internet stalker, not that I could've tricked my parents into it anyway. Still funny that I ended up so close.

Stayed in a crappy-ass $60 motel in North Carolina I think with my 4 other family members that was smaller than my own room back home, but the sign on the door, specifically the line after the english "do not disturb", made me lol:

Posted Image

I know, I''m like a child. Go fuck yourself if you don't like it. I don't give a shit.

Today was my cousin's wedding where I had 3 beers and a kamikaze:

Posted Image

Despite the fact that it was a cash bar and there weren't any hot single girls looking to fool around with me, I actually had a great time. It was good seeing my cousin again after 9 years and she reminds me of myself, because she's such a quiet and friendly person. Her husband seems like a good guy too. I wish them the best. Maybe there's hope for me yet. Then again she's also a lot prettier than me.

My parents wanted to pay for my share of the wedding gift but I declined. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I wanted to give her a little extra than what they could've. My cousin and her husband paid for the entire thing themselves and I wanted to do my part in making sure they got at least one nice or rather fair gift. I'm not saying I went overboard, I only put in $100, but I think it was appropriate since I didn't bring a date anyway. I know I at least covered my plate with a little extra, and my parents were even saying it was too much but I don't think it was.

So I'm enjoying myself so far, we have about 3 days left here and are supposed to be going to some festival tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping to get to Hooters at least once. Other than that I'm upset it's apparently spring break and I doubt I'll be able to get away from my family enough to um...enjoy that. The one thing I'm not looking forward to when I get back home is working this weekend...

That's about it for now. My boredom at the moment has now been fully overcome with fatigue, so I'm going to sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users