Photo
* * * * * 4 votes 1131 replies to this topic

Episode 833: Reflection

• Please log in to reply

#1 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

Episode One: NNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRDDDDD

I've been meaning to start one of these for lord knows how long. I keep changing my mind on what to write about all the effing time, so this is just going to be a generic blog for me to write about whatever the hell I feel like whenever I feel like writing. Be warned, there will likely be excessive use of language and crap, so if you're sensitive to shit like that, it sucks to be you.

Let's start this episode off with "Vodka pong is a bad idea." I am hungover as fuck and I don't remember a good chunk of last night. Apparently, I just decided to randomly go outside and lay on the cold, wet lawn at 2:00 in the morning just to see the stars. While drunk. Not that that's really a bad thing, but I am now freezing balls and my sinuses feel like they got raped by something slimy. My house is an absolute disaster and my head is killing me.

I also managed to go off on a rant about why my geeky math clock is inaccurate. For 9:00, it has 3(Pi-.14), which isn't 9. Pi being an irrational number, it's slightly higher than 9, so it upset me. Shaddap, I'm allowed to criticize ThinkGeek merchandise.

I just watched 2 episodes of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Shit is hilarious and excessive. You guys need to watch it. Forreal. Thank you, Ally.

I also found that the Kama Pootra book sitting on the back of my toilet provides mass entertainment to guests. I just got it because it seemed fitting and it made me giggle, but it was all the rage last night. I really hope nobody tried any of those positions while I was blacked-out. <<;;

Considering my brain is currently fried, I am going to leave this first post relatively small. I'll write more later.

Ally:
9x-7i>3(3x-7u)

#2 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor
  • Interests:You don't need to know.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Your brain was fried, but you still managed to type a mini love letter using mathematical operations?

#3 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

Yes.

#4 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yes! Alcohol abuse and swear words? Congratulations on starting my new favorite blog.

I'm jealous that you have better drinking stories than me and even more jealous that you got to be drunk and I have to be sober until the end of November. :(

Vodka Peer Pong sounds like it fucking rules. Yet another reason to be upset I don't know you IRL. That clock shit makes me laugh and a little sad at the same time knowing I'm not smart enough to understand any of the math shit you put in that post, but it's fine since I already knew both of you were smarter than me.

Also, I hope you didn't get handled by your male friends during your blackout...lol.

#5 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Kenny... you make my nether-regions tingle.

Why do you itch my feet? I'm not entirely sure, but you do.

Also, didn't i call you "NNNNEEEERRRRRRDDDD" like a few days ago?!

#6 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

SD:

9x-7i>3(3x-7u)
9x-7i>9x-21u
-7i>-21u
i<3u

#7 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:09 AM

Also, didn't i call you "NNNNEEEERRRRRRDDDD" like a few days ago?!

There is, indeed, a correlation.

#8 ShadowDemon Retired Administrator Retired Administrator of XeroCreative 4944 posts 3.00 XCB

ShadowDemon

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

SD:

9x-7i>3(3x-7u)
9x-7i>9x-21u
-7i>-21u
i<3u

Drunk > sober.

My mathematical equation is better, I think I win.

In other news:

Nothing.

#9 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

SD:

9x-7i>3(3x-7u)
9x-7i>9x-21u
-7i>-21u
i<3u

Way to ruin shit...

#10 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5680 posts 145.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Glad I don't remember Algebra and order of ops for shit.

As for Alcohol, 8 more months damn it.

#11 Better Than Sex Cake Oldies XC's village idiot 3061 posts 0.00 XCB

Better Than Sex Cake
  • Interests:Good tunes and good bud

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

Massive hangover. Can't type. Awesome storry. Need sleeps. x-x

#12 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Episode Two: THO

It is fucking COLD! Colorado went from shorts and T-shirts to jackets and heaters pretty much overnight. It's like 50 degrees in my house and I'm not used to it yet. I should have expected this, living in Colorado for crying out loud, but christ shit jesus my nipples won't soften. Also, I feel amazing this morning other than this non-stop testicular shriveling.

PROJECTS! I have them.
-One of my other nerd friends is lending me his PHP book, and I'll be teaching myself that within the very near future.
-I've been working on some improvements for the YVD Helpdesk forum. It will likely be implemented within the next week, unless we look at it and end up not liking it again. :P
-5 years of research is finally coming into fruition. I've been trying to find a way to successfully submerge a computer in normal water so that it can simultaneously act as a fish tank. I've finally got it designed on paper as best I can. Now I just need to buy the materials and experiment. Whenever this is done, it's going to turn into my media server. Then I'll work on figuring out how to make it hydro-powered.
-I'm also planning on re-designing my home network. I have some bottlenecks that need widening. I plan on flashing my router with DDWRT for starters, then I'll be upgrading to 802.11n throughout the rest of the house. I really don't want to run ethernet everywhere, and since mobility is the new hotness, I may as well practice up on that.
-Virtualization! I plan on finding ways to virtualize more and more as I go. If I can virtualize my networking infrastructure, I should be able to do VLANs or more much more easily. Security ftw.
-My house is naked. I have little furniture, and even less to hang on the walls because I am damn picky. I get artsy from time to time, so I'll be working on putting some of that up around here. But this abode of mine is disgustingly bland. I have 1 room that's completely empty, another room that will be soon, and I'm still sleeping on the couch because I'm too damn lazy to worry about finding a bed. I'm considering finding a roommate again just to take up some space and ease up the financial stresses a bit, but since it's my first time living alone, I should probably just suck it up and figure it out myself.
-At work, I'm currently working on a full-scale wireless deployment, Windows 7 testing and deployment, re-building the website from scratch (the current one is absolutely dreadful), VOIP testing and deployment, and beta testing a new email system. I'm sure there's more, but my to-do list is on my white board. :P
-I'm sure there's more, but I don't feel like talking about this anymore. I'm getting bored writing it, so I apologize to anyone who actually read it.

My friend Shannon and I are joining a new gym this week. It'll be nice to get back into a steady work-out schedule again. We're also considering martial arts classes just for giggles, but we're still looking into that. He wants to do Karate, but Jujitsu is more my style. :P

Hey, I just had an idea. I've been planning on purchasing a new TV anyway, but if I do, I can take this piece of shit ancient one, put it one of those empty rooms and make it dedicated to my N64! That sounds like an excellent idea, I think I'll do it.

On that note, I'm gonna go find some firewood. It's still fucking cold.

#13 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Woah, you spelled fruition correctly.

That happens how often? Like once every 300 times someone tries?

#14 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

Some people in this world are literate, Siyanor.

#15 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

I see even literate people writing "frutition" all the time.

#16 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

I had a conversation with someone about submerging a computer in oil as a badass cooling system... something about oil and electrons... :P

#17 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

I had a conversation with someone about submerging a computer in oil as a badass cooling system... something about oil and electrons... :P

The oil does work pretty well. But I wanted to take it a step further. :P

#18 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

Episode Three: Dickfish

I attempted to go fishing today. It turned out horribly. Apparently, Lake Pueblo is full of Dickfish. Yes, that is, indeed, fish in a phallic shape. The lake itself didn't like me today, either, and jacked 4 hooks and two sinkers. Asshole Lake. That is what I shall call it. Asshole Lake filled with Dickfish.

Following this failtrip of a fishing attempt, I went to my first college football game. Thank jeebus we got the tickets for free, because I will not be doing that again. It was boring as fuck and the home team got their asses beat. We also left at half time because it was just that silly. Not to mention, the stupid announcer dude kept playing an annoying wolf howl every time our team did anything. "HE CAUGHT THE BALL! AWOOOOOOOO!" "WE SACKED THEIR QUARTERBACK! AWOOOOOOO!" "I CRAPPED MY PANTS! AWOOOOOOOO!" It was more annoying than my old beagle's bark. And that shit was bad.

I also saw The Social Network, which I actually liked a lot. This movie made me finally settle on my decision to purchase a whiteboard. I've been considering it for weeks now, but now I know I shall do it. Good to know I'm not the only guy who lays down plans and awesome thoughts of awesomeness on boards of white, smoothy goodness. With markers. On another note: I had no idea that the Napster dude had anything to do with Facebook. Now I know.

I really need to find better methods of spending my time. I spent a lot of spare time number crunching for WoW, because I can't seem to get my math fix anywhere else. I always feel the need to calculate something, so I spent it calculating how to maximize damage post-4.0.1-nerf for mages. Needless to say, I have discovered god-mode. And I am enjoying every second of it. I really need a better hobby. I could put my mind to such better things, I'm sure, but this keeps it busy for now.

I also made a lot more progress on the Helpdesk project. Hopefully, everyone will like it and it'll be implemented really soon. I'm excited. :)

#19 Siyanor Oldies Supreme Master of Post 7830 posts 0.00 XCB

Siyanor

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

Figure out in which lake it is mathematically best to fish.

#20 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Kenny, stop playing World of Warcraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users