Photo
- - - - - 14509 replies to this topic

Create-A-Card Competition

• Please log in to reply

#41 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Hi! I'm Eraku and I'm new here.

I thought that the contest had to last one week not three days so I posted my cards and then realized that the contest was over so I'll leave them there anyway and try to enter the current contest.

#42 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

I'll take this image
Posted Image

Art Stealing Archfiend
Dark/Fiend/Effect
950/2700

You may only special summon this card from your hand or graveyard by using one of the following effects:
-Send two monsters on the field with "Archfiend" on their names to the graveyard to special summon this card.
-Send a total of three cards with "Archfiend" on their name from your hand and/or your deck to the graveyard to special summon this card (shuffle your deck afterwards even if you didn't see it).

Pay life point in multiples of 1000 in order to remove play a normal, a quick play or a ritual spell card in either graveyard. This card copies the effect of that magic card and you may use it once for every 1000 life points you paid to remove it. At any time during your turn if you can't use the magic card's effect anymore you may use this monster's effect again (including if using the magic card's effect would do nothing but excluding if the card would have a negative effect). This monster can be normal summoned or set.

I imagine this monster to be able to change it's size and appearance.

There you have it!

Edited by Eraku, 31 October 2005 - 01:50 PM.

#43 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

Image #4:

Seal of Restraintment
Spell/Continuous
Select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, the selected monster cannot change position, attack, or be offered as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon. In addition, any effects the selected monster may have are negated. When the selected monster is destroyed or removed from the field, destroy this card.

Rulings: If a "Spirit Reaper" is selected by this card, both this card and that "Spirirt Reaper" are destroyed.

Edited by TheLaughingMan-JDS, 01 November 2005 - 04:47 PM.

#44 Guest_YGOMaster_* Guests XCB

Guest_YGOMaster_*

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:40 PM

Image #1

Worm of Enillia
2400/1600
Dark/Insect/Effect
If this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you may remove a card from play in your opponent's hand.

#45 Guest_Stryder_* Guests XCB

Guest_Stryder_*

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image

The Smoking Shadow
Dark/Fiend/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 3300, DEF: 2000
Level: 8
Effect: This can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Smoking Shadow Ritual". If the ATK of this attacking monster is higher than the DEF of your opponent's Defence Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. When this monster inflicts damage to your opponent's Life Points as a result of battle, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the damage done.

Smoking Shadow Ritual
Ritual Spell
This is used to Ritual Summon "The Smoking Shadow". You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 8 or more from the field or your hand as a tribute.

Meh...I think that's okay.

#46 Smeet Ancient One Needs a life 639 posts 0.00 XCB

Smeet

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:18 PM

##Image 3##

Unfortunate Lizard Warrior of the Wasteland
Water
Reptile/Effect
When this monster is sent to the graveyard as a result of battle, special summon one [Reptile]-type monster with an ATK of 1300 or less from your deck. When this monster is destroyed by your opponents card effect, add one [Unfortunate Lizard Warrior of the Wasteland] to your hand from your deck.

#47 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Just a small point before i post my card. These competitions work better if you just use a single card image and we have to work around it. It's more fun that way. And as it stands you are going to be comparing what are in effect, fundamentally different cards. Just a point.

---------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Soul of Filth
Dark/Effect
2600/0000

This card cannot be destroyed as a result of combat damage while in defence mode. At the beginning of your standby phase sacrifice this unless you remove 3 cards in your graveyard from the game.

This mockery of nature prolongs its own foul existance by consuming death itself.

#48 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:49 PM

Based off of: Picture #5

Magget Infestation - Gorgus
DARK
Zombie/Effect

Whenever this card is successfully tribute summoned, you may search your deck for 1 normal spell card that includes a cost of paying your life points in order to activate it, reveeal it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. All costs involved, and required to activate that spell card are doubled. The spell card must be played during the same main phase this card was summoned (You cannot set it).

ATK 2300 DEF 1600

Misc. Rulings:
Cards such as "Delinquent Duo" are searchable via "Magget Infestation - Gorgus." However, the cost to activate "Delinquent Duo" would be 2000, rather than 1000.
If the spell card searched with the effect of "Magget Infestation - Gorgus" cannot be activated during the same main phase "Magget Infestation - Gorgus" was summoned due to incorrect timing, destroy the spell card; you cannot set it.

Farseer
I agree 100% with what you say. That's why this competition isn't going to be as competitive as the previous two. =\

#49 Guest_YGOMaster_* Guests XCB

Guest_YGOMaster_*

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:18 AM

Er..When is this gonna be Judged?

#50 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:55 AM

@Farseer: Well, pardon me... it's a new twist at least... will do that next time

I'm gonna give it 1 more day

#51 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:31 PM

@Farseer: Well, pardon me... it's a new twist at least... will do that next time

I'm gonna give it 1 more day

No problem ;) as long as I can be sure that your comments will not prejudicially affect your judging!

#52 Guest_mr_vortexx_* Guests XCB

Guest_mr_vortexx_*

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

Posted Image

Great Licker
lv3
200/1200
when this monster is flip summoned remove one face down monster from play in face down position. this monster can be placed in face down defense position once per turn.

#53 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:41 AM

IM gonna do a card on IMAGE 3.

Vicious Vines of Vinia
Plant/Earth
300 ATK/ 600 DEF
When a Reptile, Beast, or Dinosaur monster attacks this monster, destroy the attacking monster after damage calculation. When a Reptile, Beast, or Dinosaur monster attacks your life points directly, You may select this monster in your graveyard and remove if from play, in order to negate the Attack and destroy the attacking monster.

Well, it the vines part I understand. As for the effect, nicely done, even if in the graveyard, it can work. Also for Reptile, Beast and Dinosaur too, contender.

I'll take this image
Posted Image
Art Stealing Archfiend
Dark/Fiend/Effect
950/2700

You may only special summon this card from your hand or graveyard by using one of the following effects:
-Send two monsters on the field with "Archfiend" on their names to the graveyard to special summon this card.
-Send a total of three cards with "Archfiend" on their name from your hand and/or your deck to the graveyard to special summon this card (shuffle your deck afterwards even if you didn't see it).

Pay life point in multiples of 1000 in order to remove play a normal, a quick play or a ritual spell card in either graveyard. This card copies the effect of that magic card and you may use it once for every 1000 life points you paid to remove it. At any time during your turn if you can't use the magic card's effect anymore you may use this monster's effect again (including if using the magic card's effect would do nothing but excluding if the card would have a negative effect). This monster can be normal summoned or set.

Hmm, a bit confusing... Why mutliples of 1000? so you can pay 0 LP, and pay 0 LP to play the card? 0 IS a multiple of 1000... Do you mean pay 1000 LP to do that removal thing? but you can do it any number of times? then you could've just worded it that way... otherwise, dunno what ur talking about. And is that supposed to be CAN'T be normal summoned? really confusing wording... yet nice try... please do word better next time. (As in, use this card's effect again... WHICH effect? there are lots of them)

Image #4:

Seal of Restraintment
Spell/Continuous
Select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, the selected monster cannot change position, attack, or be offered as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon. In addition, any effects the selected monster may have are negated. When the selected monster is destroyed or removed from the field, destroy this card.

Rulings: If a "Spirit Reaper" is selected by this card, both this card and that "Spirirt Reaper" are destroyed.

Hmm, simple, yet really suited for the pic. Contender

Image #1

Worm of Enillia
2400/1600
Dark/Insect/Effect
If this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you may remove a card from play in your opponent's hand.

Hmm... name is good... effect is good, but I really don't see the removing part in the picture, sry

Posted Image

The Smoking Shadow
Dark/Fiend/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 3300, DEF: 2000
Level: 8
Effect: This can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Smoking Shadow Ritual". If the ATK of this attacking monster is higher than the DEF of your opponent's Defence Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. When this monster inflicts damage to your opponent's Life Points as a result of battle, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the damage done.

Smoking Shadow Ritual
Ritual Spell
This is used to Ritual Summon "The Smoking Shadow". You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 8 or more from the field or your hand as a tribute.

Hmm, could be. Nice. Bunch of old effects put into 1, yet suitable for the pic, somwhat. Contender

##Image 3##

Unfortunate Lizard Warrior of the Wasteland
Water
Reptile/Effect
When this monster is sent to the graveyard as a result of battle, special summon one [Reptile]-type monster with an ATK of 1300 or less from your deck. When this monster is destroyed by your opponents card effect, add one [Unfortunate Lizard Warrior of the Wasteland] to your hand from your deck.

Hmm, yea it does show a poor lizard. When it dies, something happens... not really sure how it shows on the pic, but I kinda get your point. Contender.

Posted Image

Soul of Filth
Dark/Effect
2600/0000

This card cannot be destroyed as a result of combat damage while in defence mode. At the beginning of your standby phase sacrifice this unless you remove 3 cards in your graveyard from the game.

This mockery of nature prolongs its own foul existance by consuming death itself.

Holy crap. That's good... Though a) There's no flavor text for effeect monsters, and B) what's its type? fiend? zombie? somewhat shows also... cost is somewhat managable... Contender.

Based off of: Picture #5

Magget Infestation - Gorgus
DARK
Zombie/Effect

Whenever this card is successfully tribute summoned, you may search your deck for 1 normal spell card that includes a cost of paying your life points in order to activate it, reveeal it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. All costs involved, and required to activate that spell card are doubled. The spell card must be played during the same main phase this card was summoned (You cannot set it).

ATK 2300 DEF 1600

Misc. Rulings:
Cards such as "Delinquent Duo" are searchable via "Magget Infestation - Gorgus." However, the cost to activate "Delinquent Duo" would be 2000, rather than 1000.
If the spell card searched with the effect of "Magget Infestation - Gorgus" cannot be activated during the same main phase "Magget Infestation - Gorgus" was summoned due to incorrect timing, destroy the spell card; you cannot set it.

Hmm, somewhat good. Yet, I think ATK is too weak. Maybe 2400 would do... contender

Posted Image

Great Licker
lv3
200/1200
when this monster is flip summoned remove one face down monster from play in face down position. this monster can be placed in face down defense position once per turn.

erm, what's the point of removing it face-down? Nice, but maybe next time.

well, a lot of good entries lately... but I decide that...

meh, a tie!

Farseer and The Laughingman-JDS

first one to post among the 2 will be the next judge =P

#54 Guest_mr_vortexx_* Guests XCB

Guest_mr_vortexx_*

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

when you remove face down, it cant be special summoned back.... thats why....

#55 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

About the effect of the "Art Stealing Archfiend" it would work like this for example:

You paid 2000 LPs (a multiple of 1000) to remove a Mystical Space Typhoon from your opponent's graveyard (It can be your own graveyard) The Art Stealing Archfiend would copy the Mystical space typhoon's effect and you may use the effect twice becasue what you paid was 2000 (1000x2). Once you are done with thoes two uses you may use the Art Stealing Archfiends effect again to pay more LPs and remove another spell card. If you would have paid 3000 LPs (1000x3) you could have used the mystical space typhoon's effect 3 times; If you would have paid 7000 LPs (1000x7) you could have used the mystical space typhoon's effect 7 times; ect.

When the card says (including if using the magic card's effect would do nothing) it means that if you copied Monster reborn (for example) and all the monsters in the grave have been removed you may pay life points again to choose another magic card. But when it says (but excluding if the card would have a negative effect) it means that if you copied Dyan Keto The Cure Master (Increases your LPs) and you opponent has Bad Reaction to Symochi (instead of gaining life points you would lose Life Point) you can't just pay more LPs to use Art stealing archfiends effect again.

I guess I should have worded it this way "...use this card's non-summing effect again" (The last paragraph of the card is one effect) or something like that and I didn't thought about 0 being a multiple of 1000 so I should have said something like (except for 0).

And the "can be normal summon" means that even though it has a special summoning effects you may still sacrifice monsters to normal summon it.

How would you word this card's effect other than the way I did? (This isn't me being sarcastic, I really want someone to answer the question)

Edited by Eraku, 03 November 2005 - 12:35 PM.

#56 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:10 PM

:)

---
Edited part:
(i can stealth edit :) )

1. At this point I'm willing to pay money to have j3tm@verick killed!!!!!!!
As if the tension of reading your comments on every other "contender" wasn't bad enough then have to post a tie!!!! MY HEART WAS RACING!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

(As a brief aside my more intellectual self is very, very impressed with that tied judgement idea. It's one of the best ideas I've seen on XC in a while. Yeah a straight victory or a clear decision would have been nice but, who cares. VERY impressed)

AND THEN I HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IF THE OTHER GUY HAS POSTED!!!!! Like some sick , *SICK* game of musical chairs....

If I wasn't so impressed I'd kill you!

---

As for a breif comment on my card, flavour text is always good :P and I don't know the types of monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh! I just remembered "dark". I wasn't sure if fiend was the same attribute/type??

*thinks about this logically*
Type: Fiend
Attribute: Dark

Ah, kk.

If I had YVD I woudl have checked on that. Actually if someone posted them that would help me a lot.

---

AAAAAAAaaaannnnnnnnnnnyyyyway, now that I'm suitably wound up I'll need to come up with an expecially inspired (I call it genius you call it evil) idea. Heh, heh, heh.....

hmm....

something good...

*enters deep thought mode*

Gimme about an hour to think this over...

#57 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

Now come on... I have to go to school... I only got home about 15 minutes ago...

ARRGGG!!! So close in the last few rounds...

EDIT: Hey, if u can't think up an idea, can I start the next contest? I've been holding on to an idea since the Parasite round...

Edited by TheLaughingMan-JDS, 03 November 2005 - 04:18 PM.

#58 Guest_Stryder_* Guests XCB

Guest_Stryder_*

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:55 PM

Ahh...come on far. You've had over 2 freakin' hours...

EDIT: Wait! I got it! he wants us to make a stalling card!

Edited by KOC, 03 November 2005 - 04:56 PM.

#59 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

Way to go TheLaughingMan-JDS, and Farseer! I honestly admit that I lacked inspiration to get something good going. Please don't try that idea j3tm@verick used. >_>;

#60 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:31 PM

You cannot rush art.

Now I've been thinking about this one for a while and I have to say I'm pretty happy with my idea. If you have any rules issues or questions just ignore them. We're card design. Everything else is an issue for the development crew later on!

---

You task is to create for me...

(i) A Ritual Spell Card

and

(ii) A Ritual Ritual-Spell Card

Yep, you're reading that right. I want a standard ritual spell card, with a suitably adjusted cost of course, and the accompanying Spell card that can only be played as part of its effect.

e.g.

Forbidden Seal Ritual
Spell/Ritual

This card is used to Ritual Cast "Seal of Orichalcos". You must also offer monsters whose total level stars equal 1 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand.

Seal of Orichalcos
Spell/Cont.

This card can only be Ritual Cast with the Ritual Spell Card, "Forbidden Seal Ritual". Increase the ATK of all monsters on your side of the field by 1500.

---

Tips to win:
-I don't care about specific card rulings. That's the job of the development team later on. We're design.
-Most of the marks will be awarded for the second card, which can be a quick-play, cont., field, or itself another regular ritual magic card!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users