- - - - - 14514 replies to this topic

Create-A-Card Competition

• Please log in to reply

#21 Guest_Deathbot_* Guests XCB

Guest_Deathbot_*

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Dimension Twister - Xecian
Spellcaster/Dark
This card may be special summoned from your hand by removing 2 cards from the game with D.D. in their name from your hand or field. This card's attack and defense is equal to 300 for every card in your RFG, or 700 if that card has D.D. in its name. When this card is destroyed, you may special summon it at your next standby phase by moving 2 cards with D.D. in their name from your RFG to the graveyard. At your end phase, both players must declare the name of a card. If the declared card is in the opponent of the calling player's hand. deck or graveyard, it is RFG. If the card was in their hand, they take 700 points of damage. If it is not present, remove 1 random card in your hand from play. At your end phase you take 500 damage for each card in your RFG.
?/?

Edited by Deathbot, 26 October 2005 - 06:41 PM.

#22 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:26 PM

Once I have 8-10 entries I'll go ahead and close entry opportunities for round 2. So keep sendin' 'em!

#23 Guest_mr_vortexx_* Guests XCB

Guest_mr_vortexx_*

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

Gold digger
lv 4
warrior/light
1200/1200

during your standby phase select one card at random from your opponent hand. if it is a monster deal damage equal to the level of that monster times 300.

#24 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:47 PM

Mizpel the Clairvoyant
Dark / Spellcaster
600 ATK / 2100 DEF

Effect: When this monster comes into play, look at your opponent's hand. During each of your draw phases, you may skip it to look at your opponent's hand and his/her face-down cards. If there are more spell and traps in his/her hand than monsters, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP. Otherwise, select 1 monster card in his/her hand and your opponent shuffles it back to his/her deck. When this monster leaves play, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP.

Edited by j3tm@verick, 27 October 2005 - 07:30 AM.

#25 demonmana Oldies Newish 70 posts 0.00 XCB

demonmana

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

Dragonic Parasite
Lv: 10
atk:?
def:0
type=Insect/Effect
Att: Dark

Effect: as long as this card remains face up on the field once per turn you may take control of up to 3 dragons a turn and sacrifice tem to add there attack points to your life points and to this monstes attack points.

#26 Guest_Stryder_* Guests XCB

Guest_Stryder_*

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:53 AM

^okay...wrong challenge^

Comet The Outlaw
Fire/Beast-Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1000, DEF: 1900
Level: 4
Effect: FLIP: Look at your opponent's hand, then inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of combined Monster Level Stars in their hand x200 points. Also, when this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, discard 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

#27 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:16 PM

Grent, the Swelling Mass
4/800/1600
WATER/Aqua/Effect
As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, your opponent must continue to show you his hand. If there is a Monster Card in their hand during your Standby Phase, they gain 500 Lifepoints, and 1 Spell Counter is placed on this card. For each Spell counter on this card, increase this card's ATK and DEF by 300 points. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect or as a result of battle, your opponent must discard their hand.

#28 Guest_YGOMaster_* Guests XCB

Guest_YGOMaster_*

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:06 PM

The Great Assassin
Secret Rare
DARK/Warrior/Effect
1900/0
If this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you may look at your opponent's hand. If there are more than 3 magic cards in his/her hand, you may destroy every card on your opponents field. If you destroy any monsters on your opponent's side of the field, this monster gains 500 defence foe every monster you destroy.

#29 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

Alright, so far there's 7 entrees. 2-3 more before I decide to close entry opportunities. So hurry while you can! ;0

#30 Guest_Chimera_Zero_* Guests XCB

Guest_Chimera_Zero_*

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

Hero Of Ragnarok
Light
8 star
Warrior/Effect
ATK 3000 DEF 2500
This card is only 1 tribute if you tribute a Light attribute monster . When this card is Summoned destroy all Dark attribute, fiend and zombie type monsters on the field and in your opponents hand. Pay 500 Life points to increase this monsters ATK by 500 per monster destroyed.

Edited by Chimera_Zero, 28 October 2005 - 08:58 AM.

#31 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

Alright, next entry is the final. Then I'll commense to grading.

#32 Guest_YGOMaster_* Guests XCB

Guest_YGOMaster_*

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

Er..why don't you just do it now because you said 8-10 and there is now 8...

#33 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:17 PM

Actually I was going to post last night, about an hour after I posted that I wanted 1 more. But I had to go and couldn't post the reply because it is so long. Anyway, here is the grading/results:

Spellcaster/Dark
This card may be special summoned from your hand by removing 2 cards from the game with D.D. in their name from your hand or field [to where, the graveyard or RFG?]. This card's attack(ATK) and defense (DEF) is equal to 300 for every card in your RFG, or 700 if that card has D.D. in its name (generally that sentence could be worded better). When this card is destroyed, you may special summon it at your next stand-by phase by moving 2 cards with D.D. in their name from your RFG to the graveyard. (As long as this card remains face-up on the feild) At your end phase, both players must declare the name of a card. If the declared card is in the opponent of the calling player's hand. deck or graveyard, it is RFG (You never specify who gets to search whom's deck to verify such). If the card was in their hand, they take 700 points of damage. If it is not present, remove 1 random card in your hand from play. At your end phase you take 500 damage for each card in your RFG.
?/?

Hmm, some minor wording issues, especially the second sentence. I'll correct that:

Spellcaster/Dark
You may special summon this card by removing from play 2 cards with "D.D" or "Different Dimension" in their name in your hand. When this card is destroyed, you may special summon it duirng your following stand-by phase by moving 2 cards with "D.D" or "Different Dimension" in their name from your remove from game pile to your graveyard. If this card is face-up during your end phase, both players must decalre the name of 1 card; if the declared card exists in the opposing player's hand, deck, or graveyard immediately remove it from play (the owner of this card decalres first). In addition, if the declared card removed from play was in the opposing player's hand, this card inflicts 700 points of damage to that player; if it wasn't, remove 1 random card in your hand from play. During your end phase, this card inflicts 500 points of damage to it's controller for each card in the controller's remove from game pile. This card's ATK and DEF is the amount of cards in the controller's remove from game pile x 300; this card gains an additional 400 ATK for every card in that same remove from pile that includes "D.D." or "Different Dimension" in their name.
?/?

Personally, this card is alot to grasp. And I find it to be too complicated, and too much going on for just one card in play. Since the whore would just be used for each player to bark out commonly used staples and it would be an RFG-a-thon. That seems to be what the card would be abused most for. The hand disrupt part seems just tacked-on.

Gold digger
lv 4
warrior/light
1200/1200

during your stand-by phase select one card at random from your opponent hand. [Your opponent then reveals the card] if it is a monster [card, this card inflicts]damage equal to the level of that monster x300.

Hm, it's definately interesting. RoTA-able, fast, and could inflict a possible 1200 if luck is on your side. Certainly could have potential, but the effect just somewhat bores me. ;P

Mizpel the Clairvoyant
Dark / Spellcaster
600 ATK / 2100 DEF

Effect: When this monster comes into play (That comment confuses me, a card "comes into play" once it's on the feild, whether it's summoned, or fliped-face-up or both?), look at your opponent's hand. During each of your draw phases, you may skip it to look at your opponent's hand and [all] his/her face-down cards. If there are more spell and traps in his/her hand than monsters, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP. Otherwise, select 1 monster card in his/her hand and your opponent shuffles it back to his/her deck. When this monster leaves play, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP.

Your wording on "During each of your draw phases, ..." is iffy, that indicates you're in your draw phase, if you're in your draw phase, you cannot skip it. Something to the effect of "You may skip your draw phase in order for your opponent to reveal their hand" would do. Not bad. Though the 2100 DEF may be going to far. Even Berserk and Cyber Dragon can't ram it out of the way? Isn't that somewhat imbalanced?

Dragonic Parasite
Lv: 10
atk:0
def:0
type=Insect/Effect
Att: Dark

Effect: as long as this card remains face up on the field once per turn you may take control of up to 3 dragons [Dragon-type monsters] a turn and sacrifice [tribute] tem to add there attack points to your life points and to this monstes attack points. [increase your life points and the ATK of this card by an amount equal to the sum of the tributed monster's ATK]

Wrong theme. However if the card were comboed with "DNA Surgery" then you could possibly have something. But that doesn't negate how clicheic, dull, and "done-before" the effect is.

omet The Outlaw
Fire/Beast-Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1000, DEF: 1900
Level: 4
Effect: FLIP: Look at your opponent's hand, then inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of combined Monster Level Stars in their hand x200 points. Also, when this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, discard 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

Not bad. The first card so far that doesn't have wording issues. Definately a plus. No need for me to comment on this one, it's straight-foward and would definately see playability. Though the 1900 DEF somewhat worries me, in advanced v3 format, most things attacking are averaging 1400-1700, lowering the DEF is my only concern. ;0

Grent, the Swelling Mass
4/800/1600
WATER/Aqua/Effect
As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, your opponent must continue to show you his hand. If there is a Monster Card in their hand during your Standby Phase, they gain 500 Lifepoints, and 1 Spell Counter is placed on this card. For each Spell counter on this card, increase this card's ATK and DEF by 300 points. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect or as a result of battle, your opponent must discard their hand.

So close! The fact that I can just summon suicide in battle at a cost of what ... 800-1200 life points for them to discard THEIR ENTIRE HAND?! That could be a +5 advantage at a cost of less than 1/8th of your LP? That's insane, and broken. The concept works well if you minus the "or as a result of battle," then you have a winner.

The Great Assassin
Secret Rare
DARK/Warrior/Effect
1900/0
If this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you may look at your opponent's hand. If there are more than 3 magic cards in his/her hand, you may destroy every card on your opponents field. If you destroy any monsters on your opponent's side of the field, this monster gains 500 defence Increase the DEF of this card by the number of monsters destroyed by this card's effect x 500. foe every monster you destroy.

"Secret Rare" won't make me go easy on how broken this card could be. "Imperial Order" was secret rare and I know a huge chunk of the world had their copies. This card is broken, period. Searchable via "Reinforcement of the Army" plus a pre-knowing of their hand via "Confiscation" or whatever and boom, entire feild destroyed? Broken! That alone is enough, but the DEF adding just isn't neccassary.

Hero Of Ragnarok
Light
8 star
Warrior/Effect
ATK 3000 DEF 2500
This card is only 1 tribute if you tribute a Light attribute monster . When this card is Summoned destroy all Dark attribute, fiend and zombie type monsters on the field and in your opponents hand. Pay 500 Life points to increase this monsters ATK by 500 per monster destroyed.

I'm just best off completely rewording the card:

Hero Of Ragnarok
LIGHT
8 star
Warrior/Effect
ATK/ 3000 DEF/ 2500
You may lower the level of this card by 2 if you use 1 LIGHT monster as your tribute to tribute summon this card. When this card is summoned, immediately destroy all DARK attribute monsters on your opponent's side of the feild and in their hand; in addition destroy any Fiend and Zombie-type monsters on your opponent's side of the feild and in their hand. Pay 500 Life points to increase this monsters ATK by 500 per monster destroyed due to this card's effect.

There should be a consequence of lowering the ATK of the card if you do the single-tribute effect. Because simply sacking a D.D.W.L. / whatever for a 3000 ATK monster alone is broken. Further more, this effect actually has very little hand disrupt; you never get to see your opponent's hand since you didn't say "reveal." Further more, this card just seems like the new tribute beat-stick in Chaos decks/LIGHT rush decks. =\

The Results!

3rd - omet The Outlaw (One of the few cards that didn't have wording issues. Awesome effect, yet the sky high DEF somewhat scares me since it would be abused possibly too much like Cyber Dragon)
2nd - Grent, the Swelling Mass (To be honest, this card would've won first place if he hadn't put "as a result as battle" as well as card effects that trigger the discarding hand effect. Because the card has so much potential and I would look forward to trying it, but for the giant loop hole and possible +5 advantage, 2nd place.)
1st - Mizpel the Clairvoyant (Outside the 2100 DEF, which I would rather it be 1850-1900, this card is very interesting. The skipping the draw phase serves as an excellent cost, since it ends up being either -1 advantage for you, or inflict 500 plus all their cards revealed. Plus the finally destroy effect, not bad!)

So, obviously the winner is j3tm@verick! ;) And no, I'm not trying to tag-team with him hogging the leader-position. TheLaughingMan-JDS was, like, VERY close to winning. Better luck next time everyone. Alright, take it away with the next theme j3tm@verick.

#34 Guest_Stryder_* Guests XCB

Guest_Stryder_*

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:04 PM

Cyber Dragon was the reason I gave it a high DEF...but ahh well. Good job, j3tm@verick.

#35 Guest_YGOMaster_* Guests XCB

Guest_YGOMaster_*

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

I want to see the Next Topic already

#36 Guest_mr_vortexx_* Guests XCB

Guest_mr_vortexx_*

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

come on people, next topic

#37 Guest_ m i k e _* Guests XCB

Guest_ m i k e _*

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

Alright, I'm getting impatient myself; if j3tm@verick doesn't reply tomorrow, then Tuesday, by default the runner up, TheLaughingMan-JDS can go ahead and manage the next theme.

Edited by m i k e , 30 October 2005 - 08:18 PM.

#38 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:24 AM

oops, sorry people >_<

wow, I won? yeah... 2100 is kinda strong, and that "comes into play" is summoned basically... and that draw phase wording is off... but meh =P

next criteria:

choose 1 of the images from below, and make a card based from that picture... note, do NOT mimic the actual card itself... images taken from www.wizards.com/magic. Please do place which picture you chose to base on

image 1:
Posted Image

image 2:
Posted Image

image 3:
Posted Image

image 4:
Posted Image

image 5:
Posted Image

good luck 2 all =P

Edited by j3tm@verick, 31 October 2005 - 07:36 AM.

#39 Guest_Clockworks_* Guests XCB

Guest_Clockworks_*

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:38 AM

oops, sorry people >_<

wow, I won? yeah... 2100 is kinda strong, and that "comes into play" is summoned basically... and that draw phase wording is off... but meh =P
next criteria:

choose 1 of the images from below, and make a card based from that picture... note, do NOT mimic the actual card itself... images taken from www.wizards.com/magic. Please do place which picture you chose to base on
image 1:
Posted Image

image 2:
Posted Image

image 3:
Posted Image

image 4:
Posted Image

image 5:
Posted Image

good luck 2 all =P

IM gonna do a card on IMAGE 3.

Vicious Vines of Vinia
Plant/Earth
300 ATK/ 600 DEF
When a Reptile, Beast, or Dinosaur monster attacks this monster, destroy the attacking monster after damage calculation. When a Reptile, Beast, or Dinosaur monster attacks your life points directly, You may select this monster in your graveyard and remove if from play, in order to negate the Attack and destroy the attacking monster.

#40 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:45 PM

I've always loved making up cards so I really want to participate. Specially since in real life Burn decks and Deck control decks are my specialty.

Des Master of Oz
Earth/Beast/Fusion/Effect
2900/3100

Des Koala + Big Koala + Des Kangaroo

During every one of your opponent's standby phases your opponent chooses one of the following effects:

-This card inflicts damage to his or her life points equal to the number of cards with "Des" on its name on both players graveyards x 300.
-Discard one ramdom card from his or her hand for every two cards with "Des" on its name on both players graveyards. If you can't divide that number in two then remove from play one card with "Des" on its name in either graveyard before applying this effect. Your opponent may not choose this effect if there is one or no cards in his or her hand.

Card Key Needed

Trap/Continous

Whenever your opponent inflicts direct damage to your life point (either by a direct attack or a card's effect) discard one random card from his or her hand. Then discard one additional card at random for every 1000 life points of damage that activated this card's effect.

Example: If you have 5 monsters on your side of the field and you opponent activated a "Just Desserts" trap card then you counter with "Card Key Needed", this would be the restult: Your opponent discards one card at random for damaging you and since he inflicted 2500 damage (1000+1000+500) he or she would have to discard 2 more cards at random for the two 1000 life points of damage he or she inflicted. A total of 3 cards. However "Card Key Needed" doesn't prevent the damage so you still lose those 2500 LPs.

The Thieves' Trial

Magic/Continous

During their respective draw phase, each player is allowed to use one of the following effects:

-The player who's taking his or her turn inflict 500 damage to his or her opponent's life points.
-The player who's taking his or her turn skips the draw phase and pays 500 life points to draw a card from his or her opponent's deck. (if you try to draw a card by using this effect and there are no cards in your opponents deck, you lose the duel instead of your opponent)

Well, are these any good?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users