Photo
- - - - - 724 replies to this topic

Xc Writers Guild

• Please log in to reply

#681 Divinegon Oldies Imaginary Portuguese Nazi Zombie Robot Ninja etc. 479 posts 0.00 XCB

Divinegon
  • Interests:Days.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Sure, that isn't the point. It'd be more like an inside-joke of the organization. Like "You have to be able to at least steal a Pikachu from someone to show you're not an incompetent person" trial in reference the infamous Rocket Trio.

Edited by Divinegon, 31 May 2010 - 11:44 AM.

#682 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

I don't have a confirmed release date as work on Chapter 2 has frozen, but I'll post Chapter 1 tomorrow and we can see what happens from there. After posting Chapter 1, I will continue on finishing off Rise & Fall of an Underdog 2 and posting all of that.

#683 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

Chapter 1 of Pokemon is now up :) Also posted Chapter 7 of The Rise & Fall 2, just to get it done with quicker :P. Feel free to read and comment with feedback on either.

#684 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Haha, snowed under with work, but I will make it happen.

#685 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Eh, you could always set up a Round-Robin Story...

#686 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Like a three word story game? Those things are fun :)

Anyway, I'm back today to show you my latest project while I've been taking time out to study for University. I decided to make an interactive storybook using computer programming. It basically follows the story of Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen. Because of the popularity of Pokemon on this forum these days, I thought I'd base it on Pokemon. I'll give you a link to the wiki and you can check it out.

http://wiki.fangames...xtual_Adventure

:)

Don't know when I'll get round to continuing Rocket Force or Rise & Fall of an Underdog 2 though :(

#687 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

That would be acceptable. However, three sentences leaves a lot of room for more creativity. Four sentences each makes it a bit too ellaborative and limits the creativity of the following poster.

#688 Wylde Ancient One Supertramp 4061 posts 9.00 XCB

Wylde
  • Interests:Everything Under The Sun

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:23 AM

What has happened to the Writer's Guild? Long ago it used to have just a few of us remaining writers and then it slowly grew into a quite large group. Now it seems like the content/ideas/companionship the guild once offered has gone to the side...Let's spark this up once again..

#689 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm just having further writers block on my Ghostbusters fic... I don't want to rush things, but I've never been too good at filling in space with detail...

#690 Wylde Ancient One Supertramp 4061 posts 9.00 XCB

Wylde

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

Ah, writer's block... It's a sin to have haha. Can be the most frustrating thing ever. If you're having a tough time with your Ghostbusters fic then maybe start writing something else down for a bit to get words out on paper. Do a stream of consciousness, small poems, whatever really. Maybe even write down ideas and thoughts even though you don't like the idea. Putting words on paper in one form or another is the best way to get over writer's block even if the words mean nothing. =] Hope it helps..

#691 Noisey Oldies The Noisiest Man Alive 3220 posts 0.00 XCB

Noisey
  • Location:On my computer listening to music with headphones on.
  • Interests:Yu-gi-oh, writing, guitar, soccer, track + field, music, skiing, playing video games, TV, + earning money.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

One of my redeeming qualties of writing (which are few) are that I suspiciously have never had, and will have writer's block. Something always pops into my head. Like magic.

#692 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

I naturally, have the beginning, the main conflict, and the end already up and running. So the skeleton of the story is well composed. Its fleshing out the meat and organs thats getting me. I've always been a better storyboard guy than script guy lol

#693 Noisey Oldies The Noisiest Man Alive 3220 posts 0.00 XCB

Noisey
  • Location:On my computer listening to music with headphones on.
  • Interests:Yu-gi-oh, writing, guitar, soccer, track + field, music, skiing, playing video games, TV, + earning money.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

I naturally, have the beginning, the main conflict, and the end already up and running. So the skeleton of the story is well composed. Its fleshing out the meat and organs thats getting me. I've always been a better storyboard guy than script guy lol

It is the complete opposite. If I finish a storyboard, I get bored of the idea, and scrap it. I just make the story up as I am writing. People who are reading The Frozen Heart, I have no idea to what is gonna come in the future of the story.

#694 Vergil92 Oldies Needs a life 859 posts 0.00 XCB

Vergil92

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

It is the complete opposite. If I finish a storyboard, I get bored of the idea, and scrap it. I just make the story up as I am writing. People who are reading The Frozen Heart, I have no idea to what is gonna come in the future of the story.

That is exactly how I write, my friend. For the same reason, even. I tend to let the characters take the story with them, as opposed to me steering the entire thing.

Although I guess that makes me sound a bit crazy... seeing as I am in control of the characters...

In other news, though, yay for random stops by XC! Not-so-yay for the still ongoing lack of attention towards the Creative Writing forum.

#695 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

My interactive Pokemon storybook is now available to download at: http://wiki.fangames...xtual_Adventure

Also, I'm back for a while guys, but I'm not currently returning to fully committing myself to the creative writing forum, I'm currently creating a full Pokemon game, and I'm very committed to it, as well as the whole University studies thing, but it's really helping alot in the development of my FR/LG Pokemon remake (which will include full Gen I - IV Pokedex). I'll probably post the game in the Art forum, seeing as there isn't a forum here specifically for Game Development.

Anyway, how have you all been doing?

#696 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

My interactive Pokemon storybook is now available to download at: http://wiki.fangames...xtual_Adventure

Also, I'm back for a while guys, but I'm not currently returning to fully committing myself to the creative writing forum, I'm currently creating a full Pokemon game, and I'm very committed to it, as well as the whole University studies thing, but it's really helping alot in the development of my FR/LG Pokemon remake (which will include full Gen I - IV Pokedex). I'll probably post the game in the Art forum, seeing as there isn't a forum here specifically for Game Development.

Anyway, how have you all been doing?

Programming and Scripting forum? here

#697 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

That looks like a new forum? I don't remember that being here when I last checked-in :P

#698 Ryu.Bakura Ancient One Creative Xero-Style since 2003 728 posts 0.00 XCB

Ryu.Bakura

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

Soo, just a little update about my work. The Rise & Fall of an Underdog and the sequel appear to have been purged off of the forum recently. I guess anything dating before Jan 2010 must have been deleted from the forum. :/ That sucks as I put alot of effort into the stories. Anyway, me and a friend have recently began writing "South of Heaven" which is looking to be a deep UK-based novella. The first two chapters are up in the forum now. However, due to my workload at university increasing at a steady pace, it appears that this could be my last active story for XeroCreative :/. Especially seeing as I've grown up alot with this website, and that it's now close to seven and a half years since I registered on this forum.

#699 Celsius Oldies Century Gothic Abuser 3234 posts 0.00 XCB

Celsius
  • Interests:Anything of interest...

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Your threads are probably somewhere in The Dump. If you'd like to see them again, you should talk to the people with access there. >_>

#700 Wylde Ancient One Supertramp 4061 posts 9.00 XCB

Wylde

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

I would join this to help spark it's activity yet I find most of my writing comes in random thoughts thrown onto my Blog here on XC. x] Maybe I'll once again start writing on XC for all those to enjoy/hate yet hopefully critique...maybe work to come soon. >.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users