Photo
- - - - - 3832 replies to this topic

Create-a-Card Competition

• Please log in to reply

#21 The Hatchet Warrior Ancient One ~The Debate Forum~ 1785 posts 0.00 XCB

The Hatchet Warrior

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

Thanks you lazy person for a better answer than too situational ...What you said was allmost saying Dimir suck because their guild involves too much discarding =/

6th, I seriously doubt all of that would fit in 1 card.

IT would fit all they do for the card is lower the font size a little and get rid of flavor text

-----------
Remorse

Remorse
3WB
Summon Avatar
0/7

Haste
( B ) Remorse deals X ammount of damage to all players.Where X is the ammount of creatures in the Graveyard.
If Remorse would deal combat damage to creature.Bury All creature permenants.
If Remorse would deal combat damage to a player all players take the same ammount of Damage

Edited by The Hatchet Warrior, 01 November 2005 - 06:55 AM.

#22 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:10 AM

Erm... yeah... maybe around size 6 or something =/ and I don't understand what you're trying to say with Dimir... and, what DID I say? u didn't say which statement... o_O and how can u realte that what I said with Dimir sucking because they're doing their thing? Sure they do mill a lot, but yours is a hell lot of effects in 1 card, so far the only card with a hell lot of abilities is that staff in 5th dawn, and it's really fair.

anyway, what's done is done...

The Empowered
5BW
Creature - Avatar

CARDNAME's Power is equal to your opponent's life.
CARDNAME's Toughness is equal to your life.
*/*

#23 Guests Guests 0.00 XCB

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:32 PM

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][/b]

Card Name: Destraga
Color: Black/Red
Type: Demon
Base Power: 2
Base Toughness: 2
CMC: 3

Effects:

(3)Discard up to the top 3 cards of your library, Destraga Gains +1/+0 for every card discarded in this way.

(4) Discard a card from your hand, Destraga gains +X/+X, where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard.

(2) Sacrifice Destraga, Target Demon Gains +2/+2 and Fear until end of turn.

:FIREdevil:

#24 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

Slothful Wanderer
1BB
Creature - Demon Spirit

When CARDNAME comes into play chose a basic land type. (The basic land types are Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain and Forest)
B, T: Target creature you control gains landwalk of the chosen type until the end of the turn.

1/1

Favouring the easy confort of its lair, others are made journey in its stead.

#25 The Hatchet Warrior Ancient One ~The Debate Forum~ 1785 posts 0.00 XCB

The Hatchet Warrior

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:43 PM

I have the slight urge to say High Jack o_o

#26 Guest_Zenarial_* Guests XCB

Guest_Zenarial_*

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:31 PM

Hopefully I'm not shutting Pete out by doing this now. My bad if I am.

Remorse
3WB
Summon Avatar
0/7

Haste
( B ) Remorse deals X ammount of damage to all players.Where X is the ammount of creatures in the Graveyard.
If Remorse would deal combat damage to creature.Bury All creature permenants.
If Remorse would deal combat damage to a player all players take the same ammount of Damage.

This is exactly the type of thing that I was looking for. I like all three abilities, everything fitting exactly right with your chosen swagger. The only problem I have with it is the Haste. First of all I just don't get it, secondly it doesn't really fit with your word and thirdly I don't see what practical use it would have unless you had something to boost its power as soon as it hit the field and could swing for a Wrath-like effect. Despite that, definite contender.

The Empowered
5BW
Creature - Avatar

CARDNAME's Power is equal to your opponent's life.
CARDNAME's Toughness is equal to your life.
*/*

Hmmm... I don't really get its relation to the word you choose. It's simple, and for that I appreciate it, but... It just doesn't seem like it'd be worth it. By turn seven you'd want their life down as low as you could possibly get it and that'd make this basically a wall. It would have been better had you reversed the two stats, in my opinion.

Card Name: Destraga
Color: Black/Red
Type: Demon
Base Power: 2
Base Toughness: 2
CMC: 3

Effects:

(3)Discard up to the top 3 cards of your library, Destraga Gains +1/+0 for every card discarded in this way.

(4) Discard a card from your hand, Destraga gains +X/+X, where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard.

(2) Sacrifice Destraga, Target Demon Gains +2/+2 and Fear until end of turn.

First of all, I haven't seen you around before, and whether or not that's because I've just not been around myself, welcome, good to have you on board.

Well... In a way, I like it, as I see all the combos you could do with it. First things first, though, it's gold, but I don't know what you're spending on it. 1BR? BBR? RRB? Secondly, I'm assuming that you meant to choose the word "Destroyer" or something similar. If that's in a different language, I'm sorry, I don't know what it means. Be that as it is, I can't really tell whether or not your card fit the criteria, and since that's the case, I don't really think that I can fairly consider you a contender. Sorry.

Slothful Wanderer
1BB
Creature - Demon Spirit

When CARDNAME comes into play chose a basic land type. (The basic land types are Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain and Forest)
B, T: Target creature you control gains landwalk of the chosen type until the end of the turn.

1/1

Favouring the easy confort of its lair, others are made journey in its stead.

Again, perfect. Balance is good, cost wise, for its abilities, words are perfectly chosen and applied... Right on.

So, it comes down to Far and Hachet. And this is a very very tough decision.

Hachet takes it. The overall concept wooed me from the start.

Edited by Zenarial, 04 November 2005 - 10:06 PM.

#27 The Hatchet Warrior Ancient One ~The Debate Forum~ 1785 posts 0.00 XCB

The Hatchet Warrior

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

{Start Emmy Speach music}-Takes the Emmy-YOU LOVE ME ...YOU REALLY LOVE ME .
This has been long over due finally I get a win.After all these months of trying I finally win .I would like to thank far for a good run and Zenerial..and my self of course -Has tin can hit him in the head-{Cut Emmy Music}

:FIREdevil:

Your mission if you choose to accept it is....
1.The card must be a Ninja
1b.It has to have Ninjutsu
1c.Its effect has to be non standard color wheel Example: A red ninja that has life gain attached.

Edited by Far: The ability is Ninjutsu, not Ninjitsu. (The U is for Blue! e.g. Kage Bushin no Jutsu. Watch Naruto!)This is a mistake a lot of people make. I don't want to perpetuate it.

Edited by Hatchet Warrior: I know full well what it is I also have written many a hate mail to R&D for not being jitsu. on a related note Akira > Naruto.

Edited by The Hatchet Warrior, 07 November 2005 - 07:58 PM.

#28 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

:( This would've been a victory in both CaC (YGO and M:TG) competitions. Obv the double has been denied me, as it shall be to everyone else!

---

Ninja of Dual Denial
2UU
Creature - Moonfolk Ninja

Ninjutsu Sacrifice 3 Islands you control (Sacrifice 3 Islands you control, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)

When Ninja of Dual Denial deals combat damage to a player you may destroy any number of target permanents, except basic lands, that share a name with another permanent in play.

2/1

#29 Guest_Furi Kuri Rob_* Guests XCB

Guest_Furi Kuri Rob_*

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

Rarazo, Ninja Mastermind

(4)U

Creature - Legend Ninja Overlord

Ninjutsu (2)U (Yadda yadda something about replace this guy with a tapped attacking creature so this guy is attacking.)

When this creature deals damage you flip a coin if it's heads deal 2 damage to each of your opponents creatures. If tails your opponent sacrifices a permanent.

"The trick isn't killing your opponent, it's how you do it that's the problem." -Rarazo Ninja Sensei

2/4

:ninja:

>_>;; W00t! I finally used that emote.

Edited by Furi Kuri Rob, 07 November 2005 - 09:53 PM.

#30 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:22 AM

Setsuna, Beholder of Life
4GG
Legendary Creature - Snake Ninja

Ninjutsu 2BW (2BW, Return an unblocked creature you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Setsuna deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature and you put a creature card from your graveyard to play, and that creature gains haste. That player who sacrificed a creature gains life equal to the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost, and the player who put a creature into play loses life equal to the creature's (that came into play) converted mana cost.
3/5

Edited by j3tm@verick, 08 November 2005 - 05:23 AM.

#31 Farseer Ancient One Demi-Mod 5686 posts 0.00 XCB

Farseer

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:17 AM

@rob: Legend isn't a subtype anymore. your line should read:
Legendary Creature - Ninja Overlord

#32 Guest_Furi Kuri Rob_* Guests XCB

Guest_Furi Kuri Rob_*

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:41 AM

>.>; But... Kamigawa s00ked... Mirrodin semi-s00ked because of the changing of text.

#33 Guest_Rayne Aven_* Guests XCB

Guest_Rayne Aven_*

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

j3tm@verick, what's the point in giving the guy haste if he can't attack because you've already missed your declare attacker's phase? Tap abilities?

#34 Ultros Ancient One Thinks he's funny. 828 posts 0.00 XCB

Ultros

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:25 PM

Mindswitch Shinobi
3R
Creature - Human Ninja

Ninjutsu 1U
Whenever Mindswitch Shinobi deals combat damage to a player, exchange control of Mindswitch Shinobi and target creature that player controls.

His skills have been learned by thousands, yet only one person knows them.

3/3

#35 Guest_Pete278_* Guests XCB

Guest_Pete278_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Ninjatog
1BU
Creature -- Atog Ninja
Ninjutsu BU
Sacrifice a land: Ninjatog gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Sacrifice an enchantment: Ninjatog gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

I didn'y just copy Thaumatog and put it on a 2/2 ninja BU body. I swear. *whistles*

#36 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:51 AM

j3tm@verick, what's the point in giving the guy haste if he can't attack because you've already missed your declare attacker's phase? Tap abilities?

yes :P. I know the declare attacker's phase is passed, tap is the purpose... and do note other cards that let you have an extra battle phase

card inspired by Footsteps of Goryo; ability is wierd, but can do well with others :P

Edited by j3tm@verick, 09 November 2005 - 04:55 AM.

#37 Guest_Dr. Tom_* Guests XCB

Guest_Dr. Tom_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:54 AM

Blowgun Sniper
2UU
Creature -- Human Ninja

Ninjutsu 1UU (1UU, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)

When ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may have it deal 2 damage to target creature that player controls.

2/3

#38 Guest_Rayne Aven_* Guests XCB

Guest_Rayne Aven_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

All right. Well, time to make my card:

Raging Striker
3G
Creature -- Snake Ninja
1/3

Ninjutsu 3WU

When Venomous Striker deals combat damage to a player, return it to your hand and untap all other creatures you control. After this phase there is an additional combat phase.

This was a really hard one.

#39 The Hatchet Warrior Ancient One ~The Debate Forum~ 1785 posts 0.00 XCB

The Hatchet Warrior

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:45 PM

Im gonna go ahead and end this now I am going to base my judgement not ONLY on the originality of the effect but, the originality of the creature Type.

Ninja of Dual Denial
2UU
Creature - Moonfolk Ninja

Ninjutsu Sacrifice 3 Islands you control (Sacrifice 3 Islands you control, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)

When Ninja of Dual Denial deals combat damage to a player you may destroy any number of target permanents, except basic lands, that share a name with another permanent in play.

2/1

All I have to say is that the cost is over powered a little bit sac 2 would be more in my taste but, the destroy copies effect is awsome in its self.As well as a moonfolk ninja but, as FKRob said Kamigawa Sooked (Except for ninjas) but, other than the uninspired name I give this a contendors match.

Rarazo, Ninja Mastermind

(4)U

Creature - Legend Ninja Overlord

Ninjutsu (2)U (Yadda yadda something about replace this guy with a tapped attacking creature so this guy is attacking.)

When this creature deals damage you flip a coin if it's heads deal 2 damage to each of your opponents creatures. If tails your opponent sacrifices a permanent.

"The trick isn't killing your opponent, it's how you do it that's the problem." -Rarazo Ninja Sensei

2/4

Yes this guy has the IDEA ...Coin flip is traditionally RED !!! OMG.The only bone I have to pick with this is the bland creature type but, the effect saves it Contendor

Setsuna, Beholder of Life
4GG
Legendary Creature - Snake Ninja

Ninjutsu 2BW (2BW, Return an unblocked creature you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Setsuna deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature and you put a creature card from your graveyard to play, and that creature gains haste. That player who sacrificed a creature gains life equal to the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost, and the player who put a creature into play loses life equal to the creature's (that came into play) converted mana cost.
3/5

A snake ninja just what those stoopid snakes need ...I like the effect but,It seems over done for my taste .I would have used it as a contendor if you chopped out Gains haste and the gains life equal to mana

Mindswitch Shinobi
3R
Creature - Human Ninja

Ninjutsu 1U
Whenever Mindswitch Shinobi deals combat damage to a player, exchange control of Mindswitch Shinobi and target creature that player controls.

His skills have been learned by thousands, yet only one person knows them.

3/3

Bland human ninja and the effect isnt snazzy at all.

Ninjatog
1BU
Creature -- Atog Ninja
Ninjutsu BU
Sacrifice a land: Ninjatog gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Sacrifice an enchantment: Ninjatog gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

A ninja Tog XD but, sadly it doesn't benifit from ninjitsu except it costs one less.

Blowgun Sniper
2UU
Creature -- Human Ninja

Ninjutsu 1UU (1UU, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)

When ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may have it deal 2 damage to target creature that player controls.

2/3

Bland Ninja type but,I like the effect and the Name fits the effect Contendor

Raging Striker
3G
Creature -- Snake Ninja
1/3

Ninjutsu 3WU

When Venomous Striker deals combat damage to a player, return it to your hand and untap all other creatures you control. After this phase there is an additional combat phase.

A snake ninja just what those stoopid snakes needNice effect but, I dislike the additional battle phase.

The Contendors are: Furikuri Rob,Farseer,and Dr.Tom.

The winner is Furikuri Rob he won me over with the coin flip.Good Job to all people.

Trivia: there is no Coin flip card in any color other than red.

#40 Guest_Furi Kuri Rob_* Guests XCB

Guest_Furi Kuri Rob_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

W00t I won... O__o alright your job is to make an Unhinged card. It has to be funny, off the wall, original and most of all... Artarded and should be incredibly fun to use against your opponent. I'm not talking snicker snicker funny... I'm talking Oh S***! I crapped my pants! funny.

Edited by Furi Kuri Rob, 09 November 2005 - 08:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing