- - - - -

Umiiruka Ruling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickmoore911_*

Guest_nickmoore911_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

In my water deck, I have many cards with affects that say "As long as Umi is on the field...". So my question is if Umiiruka's name is treated like Umi. Legendary Ocean says that its name is treated as Umi, so my cousin says that it isn't treated as Umi since it doesn't say it is. I'm sayi9ng that Umi is already in the name (UMI-iruka) so it wouldn't need to say it.

Anybody know for sure?

#2 Guest_Imadjinn_*

Guest_Imadjinn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

It's called Umiiruka, not Umi. Those effects say "When UMI is on the Field", not "When a card that has "Umi" in it's name is on the Field". Umiiruka is not Umi. End.

#3 Guest_The Azure Priest_*

Guest_The Azure Priest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:53 PM

In my water deck, I have many cards with affects that say "As long as Umi is on the field...". So my question is if Umiiruka's name is treated like Umi. Legendary Ocean says that its name is treated as Umi, so my cousin says that it isn't treated as Umi since it doesn't say it is. I'm sayi9ng that Umi is already in the name (UMI-iruka) so it wouldn't need to say it.

Anybody know for sure?

<sigh> You know, posting card text would have helped so much. Does Umiiruka say in the effect "treat this card name as 'Umi?'"

Imadjin has the right sentiment. A legendary fisherman and cards like him need the name to BE "Umi" not "Umi-like" or "include the text 'Umi'" otherwise, "A Legendary Fisherman" would be triggered by "Levia Dragon" and similar cards that include "Umi" somewhere in the text, and that's just ludicrous.

#4 Omlette

Omlette

XC's Official Smiley Face

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

Umiiruka
Group: Spell Card
Type: Spell
Icon:Field
Increases the ATK of all WATER monsters by 500 points and decreases their DEF by 400 points.

This card's name is not "Umi", and it's name is not treated as "Umi." Therefore, cards whose effect can only be used when "Umi" is on the field cannot use their effects when "Umiiruka" is on the field. 'Nuff said.
:)

#5 Guest_nickmoore911_*

Guest_nickmoore911_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

Trowa: violation Global 1, Global 3

If you have an issue with a post, report it. Otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Edited by Trowa_B, 06 May 2006 - 07:35 PM.

#6 Guest_Master O_*

Guest_Master O_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:49 PM

1st of all, you didn't post card text.

2nd of all, if you had READ THE CARD, you would see that it says NOTHING about Umiiruka being treated like Umi.

Edited by Master O, 06 May 2006 - 05:50 PM.

#7 Guest_Lord_Magnus_*

Guest_Lord_Magnus_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

:gun: Topic locked. If you have any queries or statements in regard to this topic, please PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users